Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2012, 03:45 AM   #18
bfc2406
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslissa
Been to Nassau a few times now in the last few years, most recently last year. As I mentioned earlier, we had our 5 month old. We have never, ever felt unsafe there at all. The Bahamian women definitely said 'Hello' to my baby, commented on how cute he was, fawned over him, but never was anyone aggressive or threatening to anyone in our party.

In the Straw Market, they are trying to sell. If you are worried about being 'harassed', I'd avoid it. I loved it. But, if being approached by anyone worries you, don't go there. You will be talked to, but I find them friendly!

When we go again, in less than a month, we will be probably strolling the streets, may take a cab to the Fish Fry, and if we are in a beach mood, we will walk next door to the port to the Hilton where you can use their beach with a day pass.

Last of all, we haven't been to Castaway Cay with child... but we have been without child and also to the beach with him. We plan on bringing a floaty toy for him (one that is inflatable), lots of sunscreen and a head to toe outfit for sun protection, lots of drinks and a good attitude. We tried to bring a 50 SPF beach umbrella with us, but it got lost by the airline. We did find a protective sun net made by Jolly Jumper that is pretty cool to bring and we've used it on a few trips now.

Traveling with a baby just requires patience and planning more than anything. Run through your day and pack all of that along with anything you'll need for the sun You'll have a great time!
Thank you for your helpful reply. I better get planning, although at least it's exciting planning! Thanks again.
bfc2406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: