Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #16
WDWChloe
WDW Annual Passholder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaC View Post
currently a one day rainforest pass is $15 + a $1 "service charge"
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa46xx View Post
I just spoke with DCL about buying a rainforest pass ahead of time vs on the ship, and the rep told me that there is no need to pre-purchase. She advised me to go to the spa on the first day and purchase the pass for whichever day(s) I want.
Do you know if they have "special" pricing if you purchase a multi-day pass?

IG: @chloelovesdisney
WDWChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #17
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

If you really want a day pass you really should buy it before you go. We were on the 14 day Wonder this past month and they did NOT sell any 1 day passes, only 2 week long ones. Only people who had bought 1 days online had them. So do NOT count on waiting to board the ship and get them.
We always get the full weekly pass, DH and I love it in there. The two week was $300 for the two of us. we bought it the first day. They only sell 30. They don't want it too crowded in there. We were there first thing and heard lots of people ask to buy 1 days and they were all told no sorry.
I did see that they let a few people in who were waiting on spa stuff, but it wasn't every day. Maybe just when it wasn't as busy. Usually people were waiting in the locker rooms. They are nice as well, they have showers and a sanua.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #18
Lisa46xx
Earning My Ears

Hmmmm...now I'm not sure what to do. The CM on the phone today told me "they don't sell out." On the Dream last year, DH and I definitely bought the 1 day pass when we boarded.

ALASKA on the Wonder: August 2015
Back to Back W Caribbean/Bahamas on the Wonder: Feb 2014 (All 4 ships - check. Gold - check.)
Western Caribbean on the Fantasy: Jan 2013
Bahamas on the Dream: Jan 2012
Western Caribbean on the Magic: Jan 2011
Western Caribbean on the Magic: Jan 2010
Lisa46xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:56 AM   #19
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Maybe it the pass was more popular on the 2 week so no 1 days. You just never know. If you really want to do it I wouldn't wait. But it may be offered as well. If you will be sad about missing out I would pay the extra $1. It's well worth it.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #20
kcashner
DIS Veteran

They do sell multi-day, couples passes, and length of cruise passes on board...and they always tell the story that they only sell 30 "length of cruise" passes. Bottom line, they've never refused to take my money when I wanted to buy a pass regardless of the length. I've never seen the rainforest so busy that it was a pain, although some cruises are busier than others. Sometimes you can't get one of the lounge chairs, especially if someone is taking a nap.

A length of cruise pass is priced so that it is only a good deal if you use it every day. A couple's pass is typically a great deal. The 3,4,5 day passes on 7 night cruises are a savings off single day passes, and give you the flexibility to choose your days.

My personal experience has been that in cooler weather, I love the rainforest. Hot weather, I'll be outside more.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: