Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
PatchPixie
Mouseketeer

A December to Remember: Our Wilderness Lodge Dream Vacay 2011

I have been really dreaming of a way to get back to WDW already....like, driving my DH crazy kind of dreaming....so, I thought I'd write a TR and relive some magic that way instead!!
First TR - so bear with me

I am a 33 y/o mama of 2 little girls, now ages 6 and 3.

My Star Wars queen:

My candy queen:

They each have December birthdays, so this trip was in celebration of their birthdays and our holiday celebration as well. My DH is 34 & a hard-working daddy. I work part-time for a non-profit arts organization.
Us then:

Us now:

I am fortunate enough to have a very generous brother, who happens to be a DVC member. He had asked us to go to WDW in December of 2010, but we had just bought our first home and were really pinching pennies, so we were afraid to commit. We told him that maybe 2011...

So, New Year's Day 2011 my brother asks us if we're "in" so they can book the trip. We said "Yes"! We figured we'd use our tax return for a good portion of it and put our remodel plans on hold.... my DH is the reluctant mouseketeer, so he would just grimace. I was bouncing!!!

My brother also has 2 kiddos, a DD age 9 and a DS age 13. I love these kids so much!! My nephew is an aspiring actor, and I am a recovering actor, so we have a lot in common My niece is a dancer and is like a big sister to my daughters. They think she hangs the moon! My SIL is awesome! She is a real friend. Our families live over 4 hours apart, and with busy calendars and work schedules, we only see each other a few times a year...

So, that brings our tally to 8...but, WAIT! There's more...my parents signed on for the trip, too! Quasi-retirees, my mother also had double knee replacement in the spring of 2011. She got her knees done for Mickey, b/c she didn't want to slow anyone down for the big trip!! She was so brave and I am so proud of her!!!

I also have a sister with 2 kiddos. Although, she could not commit to the trip this year. (She went with my brother on a Disney cruise the year before...) However, my parents offered to bring my other niece and nephew along! Yay!! They are 15 and 12. That brings us to 12! My SIL tells me that her mom & sister are going too - we have a grand total of 14 headed to WDW in December - yahoo!!!

SIL called the next month to tell us that she booked a 2 BR villa and 2 1 BR villas at the Wilderness Lodge!! **Squeal!!** And so my obsession really began......

Last year I found the boards and read up like crazy on the world. I booked breakfast at the CRT as the girls' birthday treat. I was hoping for a nice late seating breakfast, but my SIL requested the earliest seating so we could gain early entrance to the park. So, I set an alarm on my phone and scored an 8:20 am seating at CRT for our princesses!!

In anticipation of our trip, I sewed a few special outfits for the little girls. I also made hair bows and began to buy souvenirs in advance to keep our in-park costs low.

In August, my DH and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. My grandma had suffered congestive heart failure for some time and the morning of our anniversary I got a very early call from my dad that she had passed. It was devastating to all of us. She was the matriarch of our family and not only a most loving granny, but also someone we all admired and aspired to be like. I miss her every single day. We buried her on my birthday, four days later. I still can't help but cry every time I think about her. She and my grandpa bought a little house in Florida when they retired in the 80's. Their little house in Spring Hill housed us on many road trips to Florida. We'd load the van early in the morning and enjoy a full day at the parks before loading back in to the van half-asleep and riding back to Spring Hill. There was a little drawer in their living room that always had park tickets in it for anyone coming to visit. I have many happy Mickey-memories from my childhood. A few days of Florida sunshine with my grandparents were always a welcome retreat from bitter Pennsylvania winters....

Our hearts were heavy this fall, but Disney gave me hope. That may sound silly, but having the trip to look forward to was a real blessing. Our airfare was paid, our park tickets were purchased, my bags were mentally packed... my brother even surprised the kids on a late fall visit with Disney gift cards <3 he has that generous Disney spirit, too <3

And then December arrived!!! We were scheduled to fly out of Buffalo on an early Sunday morning. We opted to take advantage of a Park&Fly rate and drove to Buffalo Saturday evening, I had to work an event on Saturday, so we left around 4. At about 5:30pm we met up with my parents and niece & nephew at the Buffalo mall. DH needed sneakers for the trip, so bought a pair and we poked around the mall a bit. It was really busy!! Nowhere to eat without a long wait, so we went to find our hotel instead. Kids were getting crabby (and hungry!!) There was a Cracker Barrel across from the hotel, so we stopped for dinner. Our server was awesome and there was something on the menu to make everyone happy. We popped back over to the hotel to check in. Horrible customer service at the front desk!! But, we got our keys and headed up to the rooms. DH went to park the car in the P&F lot. The kids were super wired and just bouncing off the walls!!! Everyone was excited. I brought little gifts for everybody and passed those out. We were all a *twinkle*. I gave the girls a tub and scheduled our shuttle for 6:15 am. I put them in their comfy sweatsuits to sleep since they'd barely be awake to load the shuttle/head for the airport.

The kids had a hard time falling asleep, and so did I! I barely slept at all, waking every hour from midnight to 5am before giving up and jumping in the shower. We were all packed and headed down for the breakfast buffet at 6. The kids grabbed fruit and dry cereal and the van was ready for us. Bleary eyed and yet anxious, we headed for the airport. We checked into JetBlue no problem and headed for security. I had to oust the girls from the stroller and suffer the process. The girls were in no mood, and they kept rescanning DH's laptop..... but, we made it. We headed for the gate and grabbed juice and a quick potty. It was sweet to see all the families obviously heading to WDW!!

Our seats were 2 in one row and 2 in another row. Wish I had done 3 in one row and DH in another b/c both girls wanted to sit with me! They did pretty well on the flight. I thought my older DD would be more excited to have the window seat and look out at the land below, but JetBlue has TV and cartoons won out.... She told me later she was actually nervous. These are just crummy phone pics, but: (she's holding her earbuds in place...)

And one of my little Bee:

We landed in Orlando no problem on a hazy day. It was beautiful and spotting palm trees for the first time with the girls was great! I told them to keep an eye out for gators! We headed to the Magic Express and after ironing out a few things, the guys got us checked in. Our bus came and we were on our way!

My younger DD did her wild wind-down before crashing on the bus and catching a few winks.

Driving up to WDW was so exciting!! I had only remembered doing this part in the dark before. The Poly and Grand Floridian were our first stops. Poly looks like so much fun and the GF was just gorgeous! When we pulled up to the WL I had to hold back tears it was so beautiful!! i carried my sleeping girl out and Wayne loaded the stroller up with our luggage. The lobby was amazing and the tree was gorgeous!! I was in awe. I set DD on a couch with my mom and explored the lobby a bit with my older DD and niece - it was just incredible!!

I texted my brother that we were there and he met us in the lobby. We waited about 30 minutes for our room and headed to the villas!! The kids were excited about the pool!

The walkways were beautiful and I loved the smell of pine and all the holiday decor!! I just couldn't believe we made it!!! Our villa was on the 4th floor and overlooked the pine trees. It was beautiful. My brother gave us an entire room with 2 beds and a bath. It was very spacious. We unpacked and just poked around a bit. Little DD (let's call her Bee from here on out) was still asleep and older DD (Fee) was ready to check out the pool, so I took she and my niece down to check it out. It was not quite warm enough for me to swim, but the kids didn't care!
Fee wanted to try the slide but wouldn't go down unless I caught her, so I went in the pool and caught her. She was so proud!

We all enjoyed the bubbling hot tub a bit before heading back up to the room.

Being dramatic:

Bee was up and DH had brought some food up from Roaring Fork. We had plans to head for DTD and ressies at TREX. The girls got all dolled up in their minnie dresses and ears.

They looked SO cute! Since Bee had such a great nap, we left the stroller behind and caught the bus. DTD was bumpin! Lots of people out and about. I guess it was POP Warner week and there were just people everywhere. DH went to TREX to see if we could add everyone on to our TREX ressie, since we'd only made it for 6.... It would take 45 min. - which was fine b/c the kids were exploring the Lego store. I took Bee to the potty and that is when she spotted "Minnie's Boutique". She flipped out! She was so excited to have found Minnie's Boutique just like on MMClubhouse!! Watching her buzz around and oooh and ahhh at all the cute stuff was adorable!! She and sissy picked out identical Minnie polly pocket type toy sets and Fee got some postcards for her friends back home. She has just started writing and was thrilled to be sending notes back to her kindergarten class.

We went t o be seated for TREX and made our way to our seats. It was very loud!!! The girls were a little sketched by the dinos, but it was cool.

They love dinosaurs!! We had a great dinner, and all the kids ate really well and were very well behaved.

They played with their new toys at the table while mama finished her tasty beer. I'm a vegetarian and my pasta dish was very good, better that your usual chain restaurant attempt at a veg offering where I end up with oily noodles and frozen/steamed veggies. DH had ribs and the girls had mac & cheese and pizza. They redeemed their reward charts from Landrey's website for free meals, too! Bee's was for using the potty and Fee's was for reading.
For a table of 10 with the tip our bill was still only like 160, not bad (my bro. SIl, and her mom and sister went to earl of sandwich and got fun drinks...)

We wanted the kids to get a decent night's sleep since tomorrow was MK day and we had an early ADR. We walked back towards the buses but stopped at Goofy's candystore and let Bee fill a bag of candy. This child is a candy NUT. She dreams about candy, talks about candy, and refers to herself as "CAndyGirl" much of the time. We gave her a bag and told her she could fill it up! She was, well, like a kid in a candystore!!

My DH took video, but, sadly, it didn't turn out We met up with everyone else at the bus stop and Bee shared her candy with everyone. We were all still wired and excited to be in WDW!!

7am came early for my kiddos, but I got them in their regal wear and ready to meet the princesses!!

Sleepy Snow White:

We headed for the boat launch at 7:30 and waited for my SIL - she was looking for my brother - something about getting her tickets on her KTTW card, they kept missing each other and nobody had their phone. It was a mess. The girls, my mom, and I waited on the dock. I didn't realize (or had forgotten) that the boat doesn't go directly from WL to MK that early. I read the little sign that the boats to MK began 1/2 hr. before park opening and had a mini panic - but I asked the princess-y family waiting at the dock if they were going to have a princess breakfast and they said yes and politely told me to just take the Contemporary boat and them monorail to the MK. I was relieved, but still worried about time b/c my SIL was still MIA!! She finally showed up (it felt like forever!) and we loaded the boat to the Contemporary. I was trying to play it cool - but I was very worried that we'd miss our ADR and I'd lose over 250.00 on a pre-paid meal that we missed and severely disappoint my little girls who know that this is their birthday event. SIL was on her phone trying to switch the time to no avail. She tells me we can still be seated up to 20 min. past our reservation time. We hop outta the boat and book it for the monorail when someone tells us we could just take the pathway, but its about 1 mile. Now, I was ready to do this, no problem. I had my jogging stroller and sneakers on! But, my mom has new bionic knees, but I'm not makin' mama run to the MK. Not happening! We find the monorail and head for the MK. I was feeling nauseated and just sick at this point. i was trying to keep perspective, but I was really afraid...time was a ticking....it felt like the monorail was inching along! We get to the MK and book it down the ramp to the MK! Rush through security and they flag us to the reservation entrance. No problem. SIL says she'll run ahead to the castle and with her DD and mom and I can meet her there. We managed to stop for one quick pic since the Main Street clock said I was only a few minutes behind and SIL was checking in. (I am still freaking...)

We head for the castle and I see my SIL heading toward us, she pulls me to the side and says, "I dont want to upset the kids, but, they say they don't have a reservation for us..."

Always missing the mouse...
Several childhood trips
Saratoga Springs: December 2007
Wilderness Lodge: December 2011
Dolphin/AoA LM: October 2012
Planning for December 2014!!

Last edited by PatchPixie; 04-23-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
PatchPixie
Mouseketeer

When you wish upon a star...

So, at this point everything went fuzzy. I remember handing her the stroller and walking up to the hostess stand. I asked if she had a reservation for 6 for "Wxxxxx" (my last name) and she said, "yes, right this way...." I felt the color come back to my face and breathed for the first time in awhile.... Thankgawd. My SIL said, "Oh, I asked for a table for "Axxxx"(my husband's last name). At this point, I was frazzled and in a grumpy moment that I regret, I kind of snapped, "Well, that's not my name!" I feel badly I ever said that and I wish I could take it back. But, I am constantly reminding my entire family that my last name is still "Wxxxx" and not "Axxxx". That was what caused confusion at the Magic Express buses, too. I even emailed my SIL about it beforehand, but.... the lack of sleep and anxiety got the better of me. Its just that a $250 accident is a lot bigger deal to me than her - and I have a harder time just laughing stuff like that off... BUT, it is definitely not worth ruining a vacay over!! We were on our way to meet Cinderella! I apologized. That was the worst hiccup of the trip. They parked my stroller and we headed in the castle!! I feel like it all went by so quickly....the line to meet Cindy was only about 3 families deep, so the girls got right up for their picture: (this is a picture of a picture, sorry!)

They were so cute - and Miss Cinderella was so sweet. We headed up the staircase to the dining room. It was smaller than I had imagined - but very pretty. And very busy. We were seated and the girls were presented with their wishing wands and our orders were taken. The pastries were really yummy!! The girls picked at their food, but were interupted by all of the exciting fanfare so much that they didn't eat very well My stuffed french toast was super yummy. The girls had their pics taken and were then presented with cupcakes for their birthdays and cards signed by the princesses. It was really cute! However, the cupcakes had the darkest REDDEST frosting ever. They looked like zombies afterwards. How about some nice sparkly white frosting on those cupcakes? Are you just trying to sell more dresses? Before we knew it, we were given our photos and got the feeling it was time to go! It was all a bit rushed. I would have liked another cup of coffee and to actually finish my food, but, alas.....(we were seated about 10 minutes late which was entirely our fault...)Here's my little wisher:

Several childhood trips

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
PatchPixie
Mouseketeer

Magic Kingdom

We came out of CRT and found the rest of our family excitedly waiting for us! The girls showed off their photos and we were ready to ride some rides :cool1 There were very minimal lines so we got on Snow White right away. Maybe not the BEST choice for the very first ride....that witch is a little scary!! We softened the blow with Its a Small World Bee loved that ride! We did Peter Pan and the girls loved it!! Bee couldn't wait to ride the carousel and still says it was her favorite We rode it a few times. Here are Fee and my younger niece riding: (the older kids ditched us for Space Mountain

They were eying Dumbo up but it was already looking too long for us....(we are not line waiters). Here's Bee with my mom & dad :

So, we went over to Winnie the Pooh and the kids enjoyed the queue as much as the ride. It was adorable!!

Stopped for a spin on the teacups:

Fantasyland was starting to get busy so we headed for Adventureland and FPed Jungle Cruise. My dad was adamant about going on the Jungle Cruise!! He loves to retell the story about waiting in line for almost 2 hours to take me on it when I was a toddler just so I could fall asleep when the boat left the "dock".
The girls rode the Flying Carpets (one of their favorites!) Here's Bee and Papa:

I popped over to get a Dole Whip! Mmmmmmm.....Dole Whip.....

Everyone went on POTC except Fee was too afraid. Plus, she was getting hungry so I stayed out with her and bought her lunch and we got to meet pirate Goofy! It was cute!! Park was getting pretty hairy at this point! The girls and I watched everybody ride SM and Big Thunder. We went on JC and called it a day - here's my DH lookin' a little crazed - I called him "Tommy" all week b/c he wore a different tommy Bahama shirt everyday

He headed for the boat but caught a quick pic with Pinnochio first

Don't we look like we need a nap? Someone (my brother? daddy?) bought the girls those nasty colored sugar tubes! They were a complete sticky mess - but SO fun!!

Then we all headed back to WL for some down time and dinner.

Several childhood trips

Last edited by PatchPixie; 04-23-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
PatchPixie
Mouseketeer

After some food and a beer, we took the kids down to the "quiet" pool. I'm such a baby and wouldn't go in b/c I like the water or air to at least be really warm, and, it wasn't But, DH was the hero and took the kiddos in! I popped in the Hot tub for a bit and met a really nice older couple. They were sweet and we ran into them the next few days. The kids loved the pool, but Bee was starting to fade. By the time we got back up to the villa, she was out. I stripped her out of her wet suit and changed her into her clothes. She was zonked out the whole time! Everyone got cleaned up and ready to head back to the MK for Wishes! Some photos under the WL villas treenotice that Bee is still asleep - she's in the stroller)

With Mimmy & Papa:

We got back into MK no problem. Got the big boat on the way back so we didn't have to take Bee out of the stroller - which ruled! We get into the park and Fee goes into full-out freak-out melt-down mode b/c she has a hang-nail. She's pretty much going berzerk. I didn't have any bandaids in my pack (doh!) As soon as Fee has a bandaid, she's fine. Its just a mental thing with her..... we send DH to First Aid to retrieve the bandaid. Meanwhile, my brother pops over to guest services and grabs one in about 2 minutes....all is well. Main Street is "butts to nuts" and just a complete mob. I have the stroller. My brother has Fee. I see her on his shoulders headed down Main Street. I knew I wouldn't see them again for awhile..... I was bummed but we had planned to meet up at the Walt/Mickey statue later..... (guess how that turned out!!!) It was just me and my (still sleeping) child. I could not get down Main Street AT ALL, so I went thru the shops. Inside, I found my SIL, nephew, etc... I was so glad! They were all trying on tiaras!! Too cute! We meandered thru the shops and found a spot between Tomorrowland and Main Street to watch the show. It was SO beautiful!! DH and I were on the phone trying to meet up....he was at the statue NO WAY was I going anywhere - I told him to relax and enjoy the show and we'd meet up in a minute. He took this pretty picture for me:

I cried watching the gorgeous show! We all met up afterwards and told each other our favorite "washes" on the castle. Bee was still asleep....
We all headed for Tomorrowland. I grabbed some food and hot cocoa at Cosmic Ray's and Mom stayed with the girls while DH and I rode Space Mountain with the older kids.

Several childhood trips

Old 02-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
PatchPixie
Mouseketeer

EMH at MK and DHS!!

We rode Buzz Lightyear with Fee and she loved it!! She's gotten into video games this year, and thought a ride you could play was just the bees knees
Little Bee was just sleeping away in that stroller....We would trade on & off stroller watcher duty all night. I was sure she'd wake up and join the party any moment...
We took the kids to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Fee loved all the gimmicky hokey goodness. The kids and I took the Speedway cars for a lap and by now it was about 11...we headed for the boat home to WL.
Luckily, we had the big boat again so no transferring out of the stroller
The air was cool on the lake and we were all tired. Plopped the kiddos in their beds and after a nice warm shower plopped myself into mine!
Bee never woke up and ended up sleeping 13 hours straight!! I felt badly she missed the fireworks, but, she must have needed the rest.

Tuesday morning we decided to hit up DHS. Originally we intended to do AK this day, but the crowd forecast looked in our favor to reverse the two, so that's what we did. We even had our ADRs at Boma switched from Tuesday to Wednesday. It was a beautiful day!! Every morning we had a little pin ceremony. I had little gifts from "Tink" and the princesses for my girls every morning. They never asked for anything in the parks (except candy!). The older kids each got a pin each day. I learned that by setting the 4 pins out in the morning, it was a little ounce of incentive for them to get up and dressed, as whomever was up got 1st dibs on pin selection The kids had a ball trading pins all week! I did catch them trying to trade really dinky pins to the little kids for big pins...had to squash that. But, mostly, they were great!! We all had waffles and cereal and caught the bus to DHS.

We found buses to be pretty timely and only had to wait 15 minutes or so...not bad! I had hoped Fee would be on board for Jedi Training - but she was too scared, so I wasn't worried about getting there for rope drop to register her...

Still, we beelined for Star Tours. Fee had been dreaming of this ride for a year!! As the shortest kindergartener in the school, we were worried she wouldn't make it to 40in. by the time we went to Disney, but......

all those carrots and broccoli paid off!! Woo Hoo!!! This child was STOKED!!! Bee stayed with Papa and we all absolutely loved the revamp of Star Tours!!! Although, I couldn't help watching fee most of the time - her face was priceless. She was living her fantasy!! Definitely a magical moment!!!

We came out to find that Papa had bought Marin a swirly lollipop! Gettin' sugared up for the day... That's just what papas do, I guess... Fee and DH rode Star Tours again
We did the Muppet show and the kids liked it, although it was looking a little dated to me...

We headed over to Pizza Planet and grabbed some lunch. It was pretty yummy!! My nephew auditioned for American Idol, but they said he was too young to do it... The kids spotted Phineas & Ferb and we waved...thankfully they are still cool with just waving...

With full bellies, the girls had a blast playing on the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playset. The need that time to just run around a bit. It was looking a bit worn in spots and I was a bit nervous keeping track of them, but it was really cute...

Next we did the Little Mermaid Show, which is just the right length. it is cute and I think the CM as Ariel was fantastic. The kiddos each had a Mickey bar and we did the Playhouse Disney show - they LOVED this show!! I loved watching them dance along and catch dabloons and streamers I think the CM leading this show was the same actor from 4 years prior, she is absolutely perfect for the job.

We came out and caught the parade from a ways back. Which as fine, because Bee just liked dancing to the music on her own and this way she had lots of space.

Everyone rode The Great Movie Ride. The kids were scared of the witch from Oz and the Alien, but Fee spotted the Star Wars clip in the ending montage! Again, digital projection would have to update those rides, they look a bit worn.

Kids were enraptured with B&tB!! Bee wasn't so sure about that beast, though....

FPed RRC and went on ToT with my niece. It was her first time!! I love that ride, and its great at dusk. DH wont ride that one, so he stayed back and fed the kids, another Mickey bar for dessert:

Yuck!
We headed over to the Osbourne lights - they were indeed magical!

Bee was bouncing and singing and catching snowflakes - she was in heaven

Fee and Daddy skipped out to go ride Star Tours (like, 10 times!!!) And, of course, she got to build a double light saber!!

Then my niece, nephew, mom, and I rode RRC!!! Always *awesome*. But, once is always enough....

One more ride on ToT!! Woo Hoo! This time was my other niece's first time - the video my brother shot of her freaking out was awesome We got a kick out of a 4 y/o kiddo in line ahead of us, who was crazy about this ride. SO brave!! Unfortunately, after the ride his daddy hoisted him up on his shoulders and not long after bounced the poor kid's head off of one of the chandeliers...felt so bad for that kid.
We headed in for Fantasmic, although most everyone else headed for WL. The kids loved the show. They had their little glow wands out and, again, the magic was in watching their faces!!

Several childhood trips

Last edited by PatchPixie; 04-23-2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: adding pix
Old 04-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
PatchPixie
Mouseketeer

Missing Mickey - time to reminisce!!

It has been awhile. And I still cannot stop thinking about WDW - so I figured I best channel my thoughts into finishing our TR!! I've been manically thinking about making a return trip to see Mickey, although my husband is adamantly opposed Guess I'll have to live in the past for a bit instead....

Our third park to visit was Epcot. We opted to sleep in a bit that morning as the kids needed some rest. I was still up and bouncing every morning though! Being at WDW gives me super-human powers where I don't need much sleep and I never feel tired. It's fantastic!! We opted to take the boat from WL to MK and ride the monorail over. Just because you can! I just love the monorail The sun was shining and it was just a perfect Florida morning. We watched the geyser erupt en route to the boat dock - SO cool!!

The girls looked adorable in their matching Mickey outfits (I must say!)

My DH snuck a pic of me enjoying the boat ride...

When we got to Epcot, the dads went to get Soarin' FPs and we headed over to Nemo/the Seas. The kids enjoyed the ride and LOVED Turtle Talk. Until the very end, my little Bee couldn't see where we were sitting in the grown-up seats and got a little geeked out trying to find me No biggie, though. They still talk about Turtle Talk and love to say "Dude." he he

With my mama:

Then we meandered over to the Land and walked right on. Surprisingly, the kids really enjoyed this ride. My DH liked it, too. We ate at Sunshine Seasons and had a nice healthy lunch. My tofu noodles were really yummy!! The kids had yogurt and a cheese & fruit plate. We had some time before our Soarin' FP was valid - so we went and did Journey/Figment. The kids liked that, too!! They loved the interactive exhibits at the end, too.

I enjoy Mission Space and Test Track, but my kids aren't ready for those rides just yet. We did ride Spaceship Earth and my little Bee fell asleep on it. I liked the new NextGen update - so did my daughter I think Fee would have liked to explore the exhibits in Innoventions but we didn't take the time...next time

We then headed for World Showcase. The weather was beginning to look ominous over the lake. We popped into Mexico and rode the boat ride. Fee was confused as to how it became nighttime so fast Fee started the Kidcot Duffy bear on a stick craft. DH and I eyed up the tequila bar but kept on truckin'. (Not before getting a mango margarita and the requisite sombrero pic...)

With Bee asleep in the giant double stroller, it was a bit cumbersome to explore all the shops and exhibits in the "countries". I think Fee would have enjoyed the Kim Possible game, although we didn't do it. Now that it is Phineas and Ferb they will love it - they've never seen Kim Possible...
Fee and DH rode Maelstrom while I smothered myself in Norwegian perfume. It was really raining and cold by now...
Popped into the China shop and took a quick pic on the bridge.

Fee banged on the Outpost drums a bit:

We ventured to Germany and I was crestfallen to find NO ginger cookies at the bakery. They are my brother's favorite (we later found some comparable ones in the American pavilion). DH got a German beer, of course!

We enjoyed the holiday storyteller in Italy:

and pressed on to Japan. Some day I 'd like to do the Candlelight Processional, but again, my kids are too small right now. Fee loved the Japanese store with all of its Hello Kitty goodness. She picked some Japanese candy out of the shop and stopped for the Kidcot crafting spot. The sweet CM there made her some cool origami bows for her bear to wear. At this point my Bee woke up and ate a Japanese candy bar!!! My DH...

OMG - it's soooooooo goooooood.......

It was getting dark and I knew we had an ADR at Rose & Crown to make....
We checked out the cool Moroccan market and I convinced myself I didn't need a belly dance outfit. The girls pressed more pennies and then Bee ate all of her big sister's Japanese candy.

Chaos ensued and DH began his backtrack adventure to replace said candy. He returned with the WRONG flavor and again ran back to Japan for the proper candy. What a sport! He met up with us as I was inhaling a French pastry...mmmmm..... chocolate eclairs..... at this point it had been a long day for my Fee and she was melting down. My plans for a lovely late dinner at Rose&Crown>Illuminations were melting away.... We browsed the British shops and the girls dashed about in the English garden a bit. Before long Father Christmas came out to meet children and my kids just watched from afar. They are still a bit sketched to meet Santa.... Bee and I did run into Tigger in the gift shop!
We checked in for our dinner and were ready for a tasty pint!!

Unfortunately, but rather expectantly, our kids were less than cooperative. Our meal was good - although the curry was a bit too spicy for me! I enjoyed the cheese appetizer and our server was great. My children, however, were just DONE. We paid our tab and headed for the bus. I never got to enjoy Illuminations, but, my DD needed to get some rest. She was just plain ornery! We waved to Canada and beelined out of Epcot.

Several childhood trips

Last edited by PatchPixie; 04-23-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
PatchPixie
Mouseketeer

Coming soon:
Animal Kingdom
Last visit to Magic Kingdom AND
(sniff sniff)
Time to go home

and my thoughts/reflections/lessons for next time....whenever that may be... Working on a plan

Has anyone read my TR? Not that it matters - I am entertaining myself

Several childhood trips

Old 05-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #8
scrapbookersdis
Yes, we are going to Disney World *again*!
It never occurred to me to wonder

Presumably you have this one framed! So cute.

[/QUOTE]

Keep writing! You're doing a great job!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
Alice-in-wonder
Mouseketeer

Really enjoyed your trip report! Your girls are so cute!! We are going in December this year and staying at WL as DVC members. So excited!

Old 12-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #10
PatchPixie
Mouseketeer

Been off the boards as to keep myself from dreaming about Disney all day Hope you had a fantastic trip, Alice-in-Wonder!!

I never did finish writing this old thing Ah, well. We went again in October and are planning a big family trip in 2014.

Several childhood trips

Tags
christmas, family, magic, princess, wilderness lodge

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: