Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #31
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroberts
Hey there! We just decided to do back to back when the kids sail free event happened a few weeks ago! Is there a FE for this? We are first timers & very excited to go however I am nervous abut getting sea sick!
We are back to back too- Feb 21 is our first sailing.
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #32
krickletplusus
Earning My Ears

first timers

This is our first DC. I was hoping to get some info and possibly chat with other excited people getting ready to go!
krickletplusus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #33
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

Is anyone interested in doing a FE since the group is small?
lbroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #34
kelzow
Earning My Ears

Fish Extenders

This is our First Disney Cruise... Can someone explain what exactly the FE are! I am up for anything to make this even more fun for the kids! In the process of getting some magnets for the door.

Hoping my shy 8 year old daughter comes out of her shell quickly and makes some friends before the cruise is over. My 10 yr old son shouldnt have a problem.

My kids dont know about the Cruise yet, think we may tell them tomorrow for New Years Eve!

Ok, so my kids just got ipods for Christmas. Please, hopeing this doesnt come off wrong... Does anyone's kids have ipods too, maybe thinking some of the kids could text or facetime or even email each other and make a friendship before the cruise. You know, break the ice. Kinda like the old fashioned "pen pal" days. Of course this would be under adult supervision. Or would this be a bad idea? New to all this ipod stuff.
kelzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #35
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

Next to your door is a fish that you can clip things up with. People make pockets and put gifts in the pockets for the people who sign up to exchange on their cruise list. If you search on the DISboard for it you can pics of the FE's people have made and ideas of gifts the gave or received. My daughter might interested in emailing.....kind of like a pen pal! I can ask her
Old 12-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #36
krickletplusus
Earning My Ears

Fe

We would do a fish extender with a small group. I dont want to commit to too much on a first time cruise....but I think it would add to the magic!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #37
lahicks68
Earning My Ears

I would like to participate in the FE. It is our first Disney Cruise so I understand the concept but am unsure of the execution. I have a six year old daughter, turning 7 on the first day at sea, and 2 two year olds, one girl and one boy. I have some ideas on what to make but are there any other places to find ideas? My daughter is a Girl Scout and loves to make SWAPS.

lahicks68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #38
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

Just search on the DISboard & you"ll find ideas . I think there maybe be something in pinterest but I never looked for it.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #39
krickletplusus
Earning My Ears

how do we organize FE?

We will have our 3 yr old daughter and 16 yr old daughter and would want to start to get these together asap. Obviously if there are fewer than 10 cabins it wont be much issue anyway.ixiedust:
very excited
Old 01-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #40
kelzow
Earning My Ears

FE's So Is this how it works... if there are 10 kids involved, each family would purchase 10 small gifts and put in the pockets of a FE that you would construct and hang outside your door? Then I am assuming the first night the kids would all most likely want to collect their little gifts. Now...how do the kids know which cabin # to look for? Because I dont think we get our cabin #'s until we board.

I would be willing to take part in this as well. 2 kids: son is 10 and daughter 8. are these smaill gifts wrapped? are they labelled boy/girl? or they just go through and take what they want?
kelzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #41
krickletplusus
Earning My Ears

FE info

We have our cabin already- I think most people would except for the ones who do the rate special for just a certain type of room...and then I am not sure
Old 01-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #42
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelzow
FE's So Is this how it works... if there are 10 kids involved, each family would purchase 10 small gifts and put in the pockets of a FE that you would construct and hang outside your door? Then I am assuming the first night the kids would all most likely want to collect their little gifts. Now...how do the kids know which cabin # to look for? Because I dont think we get our cabin #'s until we board.

I would be willing to take part in this as well. 2 kids: son is 10 and daughter 8. are these smaill gifts wrapped? are they labelled boy/girl? or they just go through and take what they want?
Who ever is in charge of the FE group should distribute a list of participating families and their room #'s prior to the cruise, and again at the DISmeet.
When we've been involved we gave gifts for everyone, not just the children. Some participants gave one larger family gift, but it is entirely up to each individual. People distributed them all on different days so there was stuff to find all through the cruise.
It is VERY nice to have the FE list finalized about 2 weeks before the cruise so that the gifts can be personalized if desired. Then at the DISmeet, a list can be handed out again to everyone in case anyone forgot theirs or if there are room # changes.

You don't need to wrap the gifts, there is generally no upper or lower $$ value, and the only rules we've ever had were to HAVE FUN!!

I've been the FE organizer for a group of 65+ participants, so if you have questions, please ask me I'd be happy to help even though we won't be participating.

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #43
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

I can start a list if people want to do it. We have a Facebook group for the other cruise i am on that we post the file for people to put their info into it & then everyone can go on to view it & print
Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #44
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroberts
I can start a list if people want to do it. We have a Facebook group for the other cruise i am on that we post the file for people to put their info into it & then everyone can go on to view it & print
Just realized we are B2B on the same cruises!! I can hardly wait- you?

Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #45
lahicks68
Earning My Ears

FE List

Quote:
Originally Posted by krickletplusus View Post
We have our cabin already- I think most people would except for the ones who do the rate special for just a certain type of room...and then I am not sure
We also already have our cabin assigned.

lahicks68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: