Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #14
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montegut View Post
I was wondering if some of the convention type hotels, like Coronado, Contemporary, and maybe even Grand Floridian or Polynesian, keep spare rooms available in case convention goers do want to stay on site and bring family at the last minute. I was wondering if that is how my friend was able to get a Contemporary room, in the main tower, not the garden wing, when they were dissatisfied with their Caribbean room.
Conventions usually keep rooms available for a specific number of days (by the convention, not the hotel). Once that date passes, they are no longer available. And it is usually several days/weeks before the start of the convention. I was asked to attend a convention at CSR a few years ago and by the time I was asked to go, there were no more rooms available for convention goers and I had to get my own room about a month out.

Quote:
I'm not too versed on the Vacation Club, but I wonder if there are members who just cannot use their rooms because of other reasons and would welcome a needy traveler taking their rooms off their hands. At a price, of course. I would imagine that money could be wire transferred if prepayment was an issue. Just wondering if anyone had experience with this.

Also, my question is not for this time of year, but any time, in particular. For instance, our friend was facing the kids returning to school and they had not taken a trip yet that summer because of other obligations, so, spur of the moment, decided to take the kids to Disney. Only Port Orleans was available, but given it was what I would call peak time, ie, kids still out of school, I was surprised they were able to get on property at all.
DVC members do not have rooms available. They have points. They use the points to reserve rooms. DVC is not the standard timeshare where a person has a specific unit for a week. Like I already stated, they are not going to "rent points" to a non-member less than 31 days out because their points will be put into jeopardy at that point. And those that have tried to "rent an existing" reservation would have cancelled it or sold it long before the day it was supposed to start because if they don't show up on the day it starts, they lose the points used to make the reservation.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: