Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #2056
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Just to chime in on the DVC rumor- I think if they make any changes to privileges, it would be to purchases after a certain date of the change. Previous purchases would be grandfathered in, much like the last change about using points in certain collections if they were resale. There was a date that became effective for sales after that date. I believe that when you buy, the situation at that time is what you are purchasing, and anything else would be a substantial change to the terms of the contract. I know DVC has the right to change things but I would think going retroactive on any new rules would be a breach.
That's the lawyer in me talking!

of course, I've been wrong once or twice before...
Old 12-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #2057
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Great wrap-up Mary Ellen, and thanks for the report overall. I appreciated your thoughts on the Quick Service dining plan, I've wondered about that so that was some great input. Also, I'm impressed with the array of DVC resorts you've stayed at...wow! Maybe they should have you replace DeeVee See.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #2058
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Just to chime in on the DVC rumor- I think if they make any changes to privileges, it would be to purchases after a certain date of the change. Previous purchases would be grandfathered in, much like the last change about using points in certain collections if they were resale. There was a date that became effective for sales after that date. I believe that when you buy, the situation at that time is what you are purchasing, and anything else would be a substantial change to the terms of the contract. I know DVC has the right to change things but I would think going retroactive on any new rules would be a breach.

ITA. I've seen a lot of folks speculating about a tiered system that could be bought into or booking fees etc and I don't see that happening. I could see GF starting out as a separate entity though, not part of the current club but a new one that only direct and everyone who bought before GF goes on sale or some mythical date can book there but resales after can't. We will see but something tied into GF wouldn't surprise me at all.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #2059
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I get that part of it, and I guess it really isn't that big of a deal for me because I wouldn't mind adding on more points at SSR, my original contract. I just think that future and current owners should have the flexibility to different home resorts. Explain to me what Disney has to gain from limiting that?

Quote:
Like the rest of us.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Great wrap-up Mary Ellen, and thanks for the report overall. I appreciated your thoughts on the Quick Service dining plan, I've wondered about that so that was some great input. Also, I'm impressed with the array of DVC resorts you've stayed at...wow!
Thanks Glen. I actually did like the QS dining plan. It was great for a big group during the summertime.

I made the effort to try to stay at all the DVC resorts. For research purposes and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Maybe they should have you replace DeeVee See.
Hmmmmm - I think I should!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
ITA. I've seen a lot of folks speculating about a tiered system that could be bought into or booking fees etc and I don't see that happening. I could see GF starting out as a separate entity though, not part of the current club but a new one that only direct and everyone who bought before GF goes on sale or some mythical date can book there but resales after can't. We will see but something tied into GF wouldn't surprise me at all.

So you don't think GF will ever go into resales? Interesting.

I am not sure if I understand the tiered system. I guess I need to spend more time on the DVC boards to see what is actually going on. I don't like surprises.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 12-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #2060
MEK
DIS Veteran

My New TR is Up!

Come join me (and Cynthia) at Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 12-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #2061
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
It's really a problem when you have more trips than you have time for TR's, isn't it? What a terrible problem to have!
I know- not sure when I will have that problem again.

Quote:
Absolutely. You know you are welcome to post anytime. I love that idea.
Thanks - hopefully I can have my act together enough to keep up and be able to pull the pictures.

Quote:
Ok - I'm curious. What is the one in your phone?

Looking forward to the PP. I think my favorite picture of the whole trip is one of the ones I took on the boat dock going to MNSSHP.

Well we certainly spent enough time on that boat dock to take quite a few pictures. :
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #2062
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I know- not sure when I will have that problem again.
Yeah - me either!

Quote:
Thanks - hopefully I can have my act together enough to keep up and be able to pull the pictures.

I hope you can too. You definitely need to be a guest columnist.

Quote:
Well we certainly spent enough time on that boat dock to take quite a few pictures. :
We sure did........

Old 12-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #2063
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Finally caught up... GREAT TR Mary Ellen!!

I really enjoyed your photos of BWV/BWI. I've stayed there three times now, once at BWI and twice at BWV (1BR with family & studio with friends) and just love the resort! It's my favorite Disney resort so far. I saw those cottages when I stayed at BWI in 2010. They are absolutely adorable!!

Thanks so much for the photo recap! By the end of a TR I am usually so ready to be done that I don't have the time/energy to go back through and recap in so much detail. I really enjoyed your recap! Maybe I'll try to recap as I go along so that I can just post it all at the end next time??

Merry Christmas!! Hope you had a good one! See you over on the new TR...
Old 12-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #2064
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Finally caught up... GREAT TR Mary Ellen!!
Hi Amy!!!!!! So good to "see" you on the boards! And Thank You!

Quote:
I really enjoyed your photos of BWV/BWI. I've stayed there three times now, once at BWI and twice at BWV (1BR with family & studio with friends) and just love the resort! It's my favorite Disney resort so far. I saw those cottages when I stayed at BWI in 2010. They are absolutely adorable!!
I love the Boardwalk too! It's such an awesome resort and I am really hoping to stay there next October. I am going to waitlist and again and keep my fingers crossed - tight!

Oh - and those cottages - what a dream!

Quote:
Thanks so much for the photo recap! By the end of a TR I am usually so ready to be done that I don't have the time/energy to go back through and recap in so much detail. I really enjoyed your recap! Maybe I'll try to recap as I go along so that I can just post it all at the end next time??
I am glad you liked the photo recap. It was a lot of work, but I really wanted to summarize the TR since it went on FOREVER! It's just too hard for readers to remember what happened at the start of the trip.

That's definitely a great idea and I think I will do that as well - just start a separate document and keep it up to date. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Merry Christmas!! Hope you had a good one! See you over on the new TR...
Thank you - I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. Did you start a PTR yet? I am really missing your TRs!

Old 01-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #2065
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year, Mary Ellen!

Finished reading about your June trip!

What a neat and different Illuminations view from the restaurant!

The duck family is adorable!

Do I even need to say how much I love your AK morning pics? With the filter on for the safari pictures, it gives them a very cool vintage look! Great shots of the giraffes -- both on the safari and at Kidani. I guess I better make plans to visit Kidani and check out the giraffes there!

I want to stay at a Boardwalk cottage! Cute! Cute! Cute! Those chairs always creep me out, but I love the shots of the vintage board games!

Wishes from the Poly is a great way to end the trip!

So sorry to hear about Tiber.

Great photo recap and final thoughts!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #2066
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year Mary Ellen I did finally sub to your new TR!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 01-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #2067
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Happy New Year, Mary Ellen!

Finished reading about your June trip!
Thanks Jackie! Happy NY's to you, too! Glad you finally found the time to finish this trip report.

Quote:
What a neat and different Illuminations view from the restaurant!
I really enjoyed that view and the whole entire experience. It was really a treat!

Quote:
The duck family is adorable!
Can you believe they all lived? My friend T was so sure they wouldn't survive. I think that is so cool!

Quote:
Do I even need to say how much I love your AK morning pics? With the filter on for the safari pictures, it gives them a very cool vintage look! Great shots of the giraffes -- both on the safari and at Kidani. I guess I better make plans to visit Kidani and check out the giraffes there!
That's a great way to explain the filter - vintage - I like that!

Quote:
I want to stay at a Boardwalk cottage! Cute! Cute! Cute! Those chairs always creep me out, but I love the shots of the vintage board games!
The cottages were SO cool! I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting to stay there. They were absolutely adorable!

Do you think anyone likes those chairs?

Quote:
Wishes from the Poly is a great way to end the trip!
It really was a great ending to the trip and the weather was sooooo perfect.

Quote:
So sorry to hear about Tiber.
Awwww - thank you! My mom is still missing her terribly. I feel so bad for her.

Quote:
Great photo recap and final thoughts!
Thanks!

Old 01-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #2068
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Happy New Year Mary Ellen I did finally sub to your new TR!!!
Same to you Rosie! Woo Hoo for subbing to the new TR! Wait until you see our Halloween costumes!

Old 01-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #2069
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Finally back online with my 'puter after having to wipe it clean and reinstall EVERYTHING! Had some catching up to do. Luv the TR recap!!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV F&W | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV

MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek - BCV-Oct13 (TR In Progress)
Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey - Aulani-Sep12
Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? | BLT/VWL; May2012-Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
AKV/BWV; Nov/Dec2010; No Kids; Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
OKW; May2010; DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic

Last edited by saintstickets; 01-02-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #2070
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Finally back online with my 'puter after having to wipe it clean and reinstall EVERYTHING! Had some catching up to do. Luv the TR recap!!

Yeah! So glad your 'puter is up and running again and you back on the DIS! (You probably don't want to know how I originally read that comment)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: