Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #316
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

not just Disney cruises, my DH and I prefer the smaller ship no matter which line we are on.

I cringe when I think of oasis or Allure are just way too big

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #317
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Darn, I missed the crab. I should've ate lunch on our cruise, we usually skipped it

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - Nov 2013 Fantasy EC, Mar 2012 Wonder MR, Nov 2011 Dream B2B, Jan 2011 Wonder Panama Canal, Nov 2009 Wonder Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #318
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Great update. I'm glad Fran was adventurous enough to go out on her own.

Sorry people were hogging the loungers. We tender to go up one deck when we wanted to lounge. There never seems to be enough around pools.

That gave me a good idea of BBB, thanks! I was just thinking this morning how much I'm looking forward to the Wonder. I have my eye set on two January cruises I'd like to do B2B in 2014 that I'll probably book while onboard.

By no means do I want Christmas over with but I'm ready to go on vacation again

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #319
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Coming out of lurkdom to say how much I am enjoying your TR

We will be sailing on the Wonder for the first time next year so I am loving the photos of the ship

It looks like you both had a wonderful cruise
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #320
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

That buffet looked yummy. What a pain about people saving the loungers though. They used to be pretty good about clearing them every so often on the Wonder.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #321
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Yes! All caught up!

Loved the formal pics!

I am SO missing access to all that food right now. I'm sitting here reading this and STARVING! I really shouldn't be reading your TR's when i'm hungry.

Congratulations on the painting! Weren't there some amazing ones there?! Wish I could have taken them all.

Hey that's a great unexpected tour of the city you guys got. And for $30, not bad at all! And the jewelry, of course, is gorgeous!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #322
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltTeddy View Post
Having taken many Disney cruises, most recently on the Dream in March, and seeing your food posts, it confirms how much nicer the Wonder and Magic are. Being a picky eater, the few times that DH wanted to go to the buffet, there was literally nothing I could eat and usually ended up with a Smuckers PBJ (which you can get if you ask). The food on the Wonder and Magic is much nicer and there was always something I would be happy to eat. We both prefer the smaller ships. Disney hasn't realized bigger isn't always better.

Can't wait to see more of your TR.
I've heard from many that the smaller ships are much more charming. That said, I am still interested in trying the Dream and Fantasy if just for the chance to dine at Remy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
not just Disney cruises, my DH and I prefer the smaller ship no matter which line we are on.

I cringe when I think of oasis or Allure are just way too big
I'm not familiar with those huge ships, but I wouldn't want to travel on a ship with too many other people. Even 2400 like the Wonder holds seems like quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Darn, I missed the crab. I should've ate lunch on our cruise, we usually skipped it
We usually ate four meals a day! (at least!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Great update. I'm glad Fran was adventurous enough to go out on her own.

Sorry people were hogging the loungers. We tender to go up one deck when we wanted to lounge. There never seems to be enough around pools.

That gave me a good idea of BBB, thanks! I was just thinking this morning how much I'm looking forward to the Wonder. I have my eye set on two January cruises I'd like to do B2B in 2014 that I'll probably book while onboard.

By no means do I want Christmas over with but I'm ready to go on vacation again
I really didn't want to sit for too long so it was fine. I need to start thinking about 2014 planning. I think a B2B would be fun. Especially if we could get the sane stateroom and not have to unpack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Coming out of lurkdom to say how much I am enjoying your TR

We will be sailing on the Wonder for the first time next year so I am loving the photos of the ship

It looks like you both had a wonderful cruise
Welcome out of lurkdom! I think I have more pictures of the ship. I always like when people show the ships in their TRs! I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
That buffet looked yummy. What a pain about people saving the loungers though. They used to be pretty good about clearing them every so often on the Wonder.

Corinna
I think if the loungers had gone for a long time with no one using them they would have cleared them. I was really only on deck for about half an hour so it wasn't a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Yes! All caught up!

Loved the formal pics!

I am SO missing access to all that food right now. I'm sitting here reading this and STARVING! I really shouldn't be reading your TR's when i'm hungry.

Congratulations on the painting! Weren't there some amazing ones there?! Wish I could have taken them all.

Hey that's a great unexpected tour of the city you guys got. And for $30, not bad at all! And the jewelry, of course, is gorgeous!
Thanks for all the compliments! I wouldn't mind having BBB one floor up right now! Although we do have quite a meal plan for Christmas day, including a trip to see "Wreck It Ralph".
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #323
franandaj

When we left off, I had just been to the pool for a refreshing dip and Fran had visited the Flea Market for some more shopping. We both made it back to the room around the same time. There was a special concierge reception going on that evening and I was looking forward to going since I was pretty sure that there would be a character appearance of some sort. I hadnít been able to get to see as many characters as Iíd hoped this trip mainly because the lines were really long and filled with kids. Not wanting to fight off a lot of kids, I just skipped the characters instead. Fran was really exhausted now that she went back out shopping again, so she passed on the reception.

I was again back at the Cadillac Lounge, they had a very nice spread of appetizers.

This Pirate Shrimp Boat was quite impressive!

These were coconut shrimp and pigs in a blanket

These were Jalapeno poppers and tandoori chicken bites

After a little while Captain Mickey showed up

After the reception we needed to get ready for dinner. However, this was our day to deliver our Fish Extender Gifts. As it turned out this was a much more ambitious task than I had anticipated. Mostly because I went a little overboard on the gifts and sizes of the gifts. I know for the future that I can tone it down a bit, but here are some of the gifts that we handed out.

This is what we gave the DHs

This was for the boys around 8-10 years

And for the girls around 7-9 years

This was for the girls around 4-6 years

This was for the boys around 4-7 years

The teenage girls got this, but I think I also added another puzzle book and some pencils

Now we were supposed to have five kids under the age of 3, but it ended up that we only had about three so I gave a couple of the kids two of these books.

For the DWs, they got the same candies as everyone else, but I gave them some photo frames or plastic hanging frames for 5x7 photos to display memories from the cruise or other family moments. In addition everyone got five recipes. Iíll share them all with you here now.

---------------------------------------------------

Heirloom Tomato Salad - Chef Andrew Sutton, Napa Rose Serves 2

2 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
ľ cup shallots chopped
1/3 baguette cut into bite sized pieces
4 tbl butter

Ĺ cup Blue Cheese crumbles
3 Heirloom tomatoes, varied colors & varieties.
Vinaigrette or Caesar salad dressing
2 tbl chives chopped

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove and drain reserving the bacon fat. Sautť the shallots in the bacon fat until they are tender. Remove and drain.

Meanwhile place bread chunks on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until they begin to turn golden brown. While the bread is baking, melt butter in a skillet over medium low heat. Add half the Blue Cheese and stir to melt. Add the baked bread crumbs to the butter mixture and toss to coat, making sure to use up every drop of the butter/cheese mixture. Return croutons to baking sheet and bake another 7-10 minutes to crisp croutons.

To Assemble the salad, cut tomatoes into pieces similar to the size of the croutons. Place tomatoes on plate, add croutons, sprinkle shallots, bacon, remaining Blue Cheese, and chives over salad. Drizzle with vinaigrette dressing, serve with remaining baguette, sliced.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Grilled Romaine Hearts - by Chef Sutton of Napa Rose Serves 2

ROMAINE HEARTS
1 head Romaine Hearts
1/2 cup Toasted Garlic Caesar Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
1/2-3/4 cup Toasted Garlic Croutons
1/3 cup Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese

TOASTED GARLIC CAESAR VINAIGRETTE
4-5 cloves roasted garlic
3/8 tsp Chopped Anchovies
ľ tsp Prepared Dijon Mustard
Ĺ Lemon, juiced and zested
2/3 tbl Golden Balsamic Vinegar
2/3 tbl Red Wine Vinegar
1/8 tsp Worcestershire Sacue
Dash Kosher Salt
ľ tsp Cracked Black Pepper
1 tbl Grape Seed Oil
3 tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2/3 tbl Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tbl Garlic Chips (thin slices, baked on low 10 min)

TOASTED GARLIC CAESAR VINAIGRETTE
Smash garlic and Anchovies in a bowl. Add Mustard, Lemon Zest, Balsamic and Red Wine Vinegars and beat with a whisk. Add Worcestershire, salt, pepper and mix again. Whisk in Grape Seed Oil, then Olive Oil. Add Garlic Chips and Parmesan.

ROMAINE HEARTS
Cut Romaine hearts in half lengthwise. Brush the cut side of each half of the Romaine heart with vinaigrette. Grill romaine on both sides for 1-2 minutes per side.

ASSEMBLY
Drizzle each half of the grilled romaine with vinaigrette. Top with purchased croutons and the freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Serve with a knife and fork.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Beer Cheese Soup - Le Cellier Serves 6

ľ lb. smoked bacon finely chopped
1 medium red onion cut into 1/4 in. pieces
1 cup finely sliced celery
Ĺ cup finely chopped carrots
3 tbl all-purpose flour
3 cups whole milk
2 cups chicken stock
12 oz grated white cheddar,
3 dashes Tabasco
Ĺ tsp Worcestershire sauce
Ĺ cup Moosehead Ale, room temp
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbl thinly sliced chives

Cook the bacon in a large heavy-bottomed, non-reactive soup pot over medium heat until wilted but not browned.

Add onions, celery and carrots and cook until the onion is translucent and bacon has crisped.

Sprinkle in flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Stir in milk and stock, a little at a time, blending well to ensure there are no lumps. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.

Remove from heat and whisk in cheese, Tabasco, Worcestershire and ale. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with your favorite bread and top with chopped chives.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lamb Burger - Catal Restaurant & Uva Bar Serves 2

1/2 lb ground lamb
4 oz Feta Cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Kaiser rolls (I prefer the mini rolls)
2-3 tbl butter
2-3 tbl mayonnaise
2-4 slices roasted red pepper (I keep a jar in my fridge, I make these so often!)
2 slices red onion (from a whole onion, not just a couple strips)
Arugula leaves (I use 2 leaves red leaf lettuce, but any kind is fine)

Mix lamb, Feta, salt and pepper. Don't over mix as it will make the meat tough. Butter the Kaiser Rolls on either side. Brown in a skillet over medium heat until the rolls are golden brown. Cook lamb patties for about 3-4 minutes per side (longer if you prefer medium or well). Spread rolls with Mayonnaise, and assemble each burger with the red pepper, onion and lettuce.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Disneyland's Blue Bayou Monte Cristo Sandwich Serves 2

BATTER
2/3 cup water
1 small eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder

SANDWICHES
4 slices white bread
2 slices roasted cooked turkey
2 slices tillamook swiss cheese
4 slices smoked ham
vegetable oil, for frying

GARNISH
Currant Jelly
Powdered Sugar

BATTER: Place water, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl and using an electric mixer, mix well at low speed. Add flour and baking powder and mix until batter is smooth. Chill.

SANDWICHES: Make 4 sandwiches, putting cheese between ham and turkey. Cut into fourths and put a toothpick through each quarter. Heat about 6" of oil to 340 degrees in a fryer. Dip sandwiches in batter to cover all surfaces. Deep fry sandwiches until golden brown, turning as needed. An alternate way of frying is to put approximately 1/4" oil in a large pan and fry the sandwiches on both sides until crispy and brown.

Remove from oil and take out toothpicks. Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil. Sprinkle sandwiches with powdered sugar. Serve with currant jelly sauce.

---------------------------------------------------------

I still have a few of the cards that I printed out, in case anyone would like me to mail them to you. Oh yeah, and after all the discussion about how to laminate them. I saw a laminating machine at Costco the other day for $19.99. Might be worth the investment for the future.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 12-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #324
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Merry Christmas!

The spread at the reception looks delicious!

Great ideas for the FE gifts. I will definitely be trying some of those recipes.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #325
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Merry Christmas!

The spread at the reception looks delicious!

Great ideas for the FE gifts. I will definitely be trying some of those recipes.
Merry Christmas to you too Pam! I just wish I wasn't so full, from lunch. I couldn't eat as much as I would have liked!

I'm just putting up a few updates I've had in word for about a week before we move on to our Christmas Festivities. We are watching the Disney Parade special on our new TV in our room at my parents before venturing out into the kitchen/family areas.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #326
franandaj

Dinner was at Animatorís Palate tonight. For those who havenít dined at Animatorís Palate on the Wonder or Magic, itís a lot different than the Dream or Fantasy. When you enter the dining room the walls are black and white with character sketches and other animatorís tools throughout the room.

The menus were cool with lenticular pictures on the fronts. Sorry they are blurry, but you can see how the pictures change as you move the menu.

Some more shots of the room

And the pictures on the wall at the beginning of the evening.

Here was the menu for the night

Our bread

And the Roasted Garlic dip

Hereís Rose with my bottle of Sancerre

I ordered the Tuna Tartar. It was OK, I was probably expecting it to be seasoned with wasabi and soy sauce, thatís how I like my tuna sashimi! Oh well, I ate it all so it couldnít have been that bad.

Fran got the Wild Mushroom Risotto with a Porcini Twist, she seemed to like this.

As dinner progressed, the pictures got more and more colorful. However, it seems to me that when we were on the Wonder in 2001, the walls also became colorful. Perhaps I could have been imagining things, that was a long time ago, but it seems to me that the show was a little more impressive back then. Fran said it was because technology has improved so much in over 10 years.

[Continued in Next Post]

Old 12-25-2012, 12:02 PM   #327
franandaj

[Continued from Previous Post]

Next our soup courses arrived.

She had the Butternut Squash Soup.

I had the Baked Potato and Cheddar Soup, why of course! It had bacon in it!

The pictures just kept changing images and changing color too. I thought I was going crazy that the walls were supposed to change colors too.

Fran and I both enjoyed the Veal Chop.

The room continuedÖ

And then it came time for dessert

If I hadnít been here before it was pretty easy to tell that something was up. The servers were all trying to get us through dinner and dessert quickly making sure that we had everything we wanted right away. I had the Buckled Warm Apple Crumble.

You have to ask for ice cream on the side

Fran got the Double Fudge Chocolate Cake

And then (for those who didnít know it) we realized why the servers were all a twitter (not the social media site, sillies!)

Our servers had told us that had a really great location, and when the show came by us, we realized why. Mickey was dancing to the tune of Fantasmic! And the servers all paraded past him with their colored vests. I guess this is where the color on the walls comes in, but I could have sworn that it happened gradually throughout dinner.

[Continued in Next Post]

Old 12-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #328
franandaj

[Continued from Previous Post]

So I mentioned on a previous night about how well I had the servers trained. They brought me the menu for tomorrow night, however, we would not be dining from this menu as we had booked Palo specifically because I wanted to avoid Pirate nightís menu. Fran said that she would have enjoyed eating some of the items on this menu, and I felt bad that I had deprived her of it. Maybe on our next cruise we will eat in the dining room on Pirate night and skip a different menu night. Iíll have to find out what the rotations are for the six night cruises.

Here is the menu.

Fran and I ended up going back to the room. She straggled behind to take these pictures of the artwork in the stairways.

I guess I went back to the room without stopping because she informed me that she took a picture of a discarded gingerbread house left in the hallway! I guess it was from that class that I didnít choose to sign up for.

Tonight Lucifer was not harassing our towel animal!

Old 12-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #329
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Merry Christmas.

I love your Fish Extender gifts. This was quite a spread at the reception. I would have loved the Jalapeno Poppers and the Coconut Shrimp. It was nice that you got the chance to have some photos with Captain Mickey.

We try to escape to Palo on Pirate night as well. There are some nice things on the Pirate Night menu, but we don't like the noise in the dining room that night.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #330
QuiltTeddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I've heard from many that the smaller ships are much more charming. That said, I am still interested in trying the Dream and Fantasy if just for the chance to dine at Remy!
The Magic is our favorite ship, with the Wonder closely following. We just cruised on the Dream in March this year and, while they have some huge improvements, there were major flaws -- at least in our opinion.

The ship is huge, but the adult pool and lounging area is extremely small. On a sea day, if you didn't get to the pool VERY early, you had to find a lounger on another deck and then walk down to the pool if you wanted to swim. With the pool being so small, it was wall to wall people on the sea days in the pool. Absolutely not enjoyable in the least bit!

The "swim up" bar attached to the pool also led to some extremely unruly patrons in the pool.

The hot tub was very cool in that you could see down to the deck below, but, again, it was very small and a limited number of people could utilize it.

The "adult only area" had a constant stream of children and family walking through as the foreward elevator dumped out at the pool.

Service suffered in many areas -- the wait staff, cleanliness, food quality, etc. Throughout the cruise we kept saying "it's just not the typical Disney quality". One curtain was actually falling down in one of the restaurants.

One really fabulous addition was the inter-active art that was displayed throughout the ship. You could sign up for a detective game and work to solve the mystery and while doing so, you visited various artwork displayed throughout the ship. When you stood on a marker and displayed your detective badge the artwork came to life. VERY COOL!!! We loved this and while participating saw many areas of the ship that we would not otherwise have seen.

The other unbelievable addition was Animators Palate. On the two new ships it is now interactive. I won't say more because it's just something that needs to be experienced. All I'll say is AWESOME DUDE!

Dispensing our FE gifts was lengthy with the size of the ship. We basically had to do one deck a day in order to be able to cover all the rooms. We had a lot of rooms who were participating.

We didn't dine at Remy (since I'm such a picky eater), but choose to have dinner at Palo (can't miss out on the chocolate souffle!) and then had brunch there another day.

While I'd love to be able to say I've been on each and every ship in the Disney fleet, I don't think I will make it a point to hit the Fantasy since it's basically the same design as the Dream......although we are considering a Christmas and/or New Year's cruise in 2013 if they don't offer the pacific cruise again in 2014. We are waiting anxiously for any word.

Loving your TR and each update. It's making me want to cruise again long before the end of 2013 or beginniing of 2014.

WDW Honeymoon - 1981
WDW - 1999 & Joined DVC
BWV - December, 2000 & December, 2005
WDW/Magic - Eastern - 2002
WDW/Magic - Western - 2003
25th Anniv. Cruise to Alaska on HAL- 2006
30th Anniv. Cruise to MR- Wonder - 04-03-11
Dream Cruise 03-22-12
Magic Southern Carribean 09-20-14
QuiltTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: