Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
c1v23
Earning My Ears

Sharing campgrounds

Hello. I just registered, but I have been reading the posts and replies for about a year now. So let me start by saying thank you to everyone who has shared info. I have learned alot. I am very excited because my son and I will be at Ft. Wilderness for one night in Dec ( 23rd) just to get an idea of what it's like (little 2 person tent. lol). We are hoping to find someone called Dave "the castle guy" that people have talked about on this site. Anyways, if everything goes well I am hoping we will be back in March around the 17th or 18th for 4 or 5 days with my other son and his friend. I was wondering what the guidelines for sharing a campground with another family is (if any). I mean, it says the site can have upto 10 people and 2 tents or a tent and a pop up, so since there would be only 4 of us, I figured I would try to find someone else who would want to share the site and cost of the site. Also, from what I have read here, there seems to be a shortage of tent sites, so it seems like a good idea from that stand point, also. Anyways, I know I have seen people posting on this site, but how does Disney view this, or do they even care? And for anyone who has posted on here for sharing, what were the results. Did anyone reply and if so, did everything go smoothly? Anyways, thank you. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. And we will be wearing our lime green while there on Dec 23rd.
c1v23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
bama_ed
My old avatar was the blue Muppet named Grover

Welcome to the DIS Camping Board.

Basically, you've got it right.

You can have two tents/10 people max. Sharing a site is not a problem if everyone knows and gets along with each other. We've had some epic threads thru the years of complete strangers wanting to share a site/cost but with some, shall we say, weird stipulations. You never know who you might end up with. I understand it cuts your cost in half but you are rolling the dice and might possibly ruin your vacation. I would recommend only sharing a site with someone you know well. The alternative is to go with just your party and shorten it to 2-3 nights. Of course, Disney only cares/deals with the one individual who is responsible for paying for the site.

Your upcoming overnighter this month will give you a chance to look around to plan for your March trip. The sites in loop 2000 are the biggest. I wouldn't say there is a shortage of tent sites. Tents can go in 100-300, 1500-2000 loops and there are lots of sites in those loops (Partials, Preferred, and Full sites). I think the trick is if you want TWO tents on a site. Then the sites with the bigger coquina/sand pads are the issue.

Whatever you end up with, have the size of your tent(s) added to your reservation information. That way the Fort assigner will ensure you get one big enough.

Dave The Castle Guy is awesome and has a thread going on this board. I think he is in loop 700 if IIRC.

Ho Ho Ho and enjoy your quick trip next week.

Bama ED
Jan 1988 FW 700 Loop (tent).......Jan 2004 FW 2500 Loop (cabin)....... Apr 2011 FW 2000 Loop (pop-up)
May 1988 FW 1200 Loop (tent).... May 2006 FW 900 Loop (pop-up) .... Mar 2012 FW 1500 Loop (pop-up)
Dec 1995 Contemporary.............. Mar 2007 FW 1000 Loop (pop-up).... Apr 2013 FW 100 Loop (pop-up)

plus countless WDW day trips, DL 3X, DLP 2X - TV: 2005 Chevy Suburban - Camper: 2014 Aliner Expedition - Nights Camped: 182
bama_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #3
DaddyDon
My oldest daughter said i was a hottie when i was younger
My youngest daughter thinks Im the bomb!

Epic...omg i almost forgot about that one...lol
Thanks bama ed and Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
SeilerBird
Mouseketeer

Sharing a site is not a problem. Sharing it with strangers might be a problem. Disney doesn't care who occupies a site, so long as it is paid for and the people follow the rules.
SeilerBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
lodge
DIS Veteran

I would suppose the size of the site would be important too and who owns what with regards to what they're staying in- a bus sized camper would dwarf a pup tent!
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, march 2013, sharing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: