Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 01:44 AM   #616
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Jen, wishing you and your family a wonderful day today!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #617
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Merry Christmas. I hope you will have a magical day.

Corinna
Thanks. You too

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Thanks. So cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post

Jen, wishing you and your family a wonderful day today!
Thank you! Thats adorable.

Well we got up a bit earlier than planned. And not because of Claire, who is still snoozing at this moment. The phone rang at 6:15 AM. Skips brother was in a panic. Our hired guy came to work drunk. UGH! Skip is doing very little in the way of milking cows these days because he can't stand long with his hip so bad (surgery is Jan. 7), so now he will be out working this morning and probably miserable for the rest of the day.
If course I couldn't fall back to sleep. Paige and her boyfriend Jordan are here and still asleep too.
I'm guessing I have at least another hour before I see signs of life.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #618
Paigeanne
Earning My Ears

Thanks you SOOO much for this report!! I've spent hours looking and dreaming our the day we step on the Magic!! 30 days!!
Paigeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #619
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paigeanne View Post
Thanks you SOOO much for this report!! I've spent hours looking and dreaming our the day we step on the Magic!! 30 days!!
Thanks for joining in. I hope to get this moving a little faster this week. I want to get more done so I can then concentrate solely on the other one I am writing about WDW/Dream. It's really hard writing 2 at the same time.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #620
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thanks for joining in. I hope to get this moving a little faster this week. I want to get more done so I can then concentrate solely on the other one I am writing about WDW/Dream. It's really hard writing 2 at the same time.
I guess that's my cue to get my behind in gear and get caught up!

Hope you had a great Christmas.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #621
My2Cents
Earning My Ears

I've been enjoying your TR and photos of the Magic. We had a fun cruise on her earlier this month.
My2Cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:48 AM   #622
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well we got up a bit earlier than planned. And not because of Claire, who is still snoozing at this moment. The phone rang at 6:15 AM. Skips brother was in a panic. Our hired guy came to work drunk. UGH! Skip is doing very little in the way of milking cows these days because he can't stand long with his hip so bad (surgery is Jan. 7), so now he will be out working this morning and probably miserable for the rest of the day.
If course I couldn't fall back to sleep. Paige and her boyfriend Jordan are here and still asleep too.
Hope your Christmas was good despite the early phone call! I lived on a communal farm for years and everyone had to take turns milking, so I know what that's like. Slushing around in the cow yard at 3am, and the sucking sound of the machines, the sweet-sour smell of the milk - ahhh it's all coming back. But on CHRISTMAS????
Did Santa stop by the future reservations desk on his way to you?

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:10 AM   #623
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I guess that's my cue to get my behind in gear and get caught up!

Hope you had a great Christmas.
I decided today would be a good day to edit pictures from home, so you have another day to catch up. Of course half way through, I am getting an error in photopshop. Guess it's time to restart the computer, take a break and start that walking I keep saying I am going to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
I've been enjoying your TR and photos of the Magic. We had a fun cruise on her earlier this month.

Thanks so much. We had such a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Hope your Christmas was good despite the early phone call! I lived on a communal farm for years and everyone had to take turns milking, so I know what that's like. Slushing around in the cow yard at 3am, and the sucking sound of the machines, the sweet-sour smell of the milk - ahhh it's all coming back. But on CHRISTMAS????
Did Santa stop by the future reservations desk on his way to you?
I grew up on a farm, but not like the one we have now. It was mostly spring, summer and fall work, nothing in the winter. I thought we had it hard then. LOL

No future cruise desk for me...yet. I am not giving up hope yet though.

I have posted a few pictures over on my other TR of some of our holiday fun if you are interested in seeing them. I have more to load, but it's time for a break.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #624
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I decided today would be a good day to edit pictures from home, so you have another day to catch up. Of course half way through, I am getting an error in photopshop. Guess it's time to restart the computer, take a break and start that walking I keep saying I am going to do.

I intended to keep stair climbing once I got home. But (cough cough)..... I was sick (cough, cough)........ and I just (cough, cough)....... didn't think it was a good idea (cough, cough). I'm thinking I need more time (cough, cough)........ maybe another month?

Sorry about the photoshop error. That's the sort of thing that drives me nuts!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #625
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Jen, your early morning stroll pictures are beautiful! I would have gasped too had I seen a double rainbow at sea. It's rare that I get to see them on land, much less out in the middle of the ocean.

I hope that your Christmas ended up better than it started.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #626
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I intended to keep stair climbing once I got home. But (cough cough)..... I was sick (cough, cough)........ and I just (cough, cough)....... didn't think it was a good idea (cough, cough). I'm thinking I need more time (cough, cough)........ maybe another month?

Sorry about the photoshop error. That's the sort of thing that drives me nuts!
I ended up on the exercise bike ...for 50 minutes. not to bad. Now my legs are sore...I wonder why? Could be that I haven't exercised since my Disney trip?
I can't beleive how many pictures i took of disney on Ice. Wow. And even with 50% that are totally blurry, I still have a lit of semi decent ones, well decent for the point in shoot camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Jen, your early morning stroll pictures are beautiful! I would have gasped too had I seen a double rainbow at sea. It's rare that I get to see them on land, much less out in the middle of the ocean.

I hope that your Christmas ended up better than it started.
Thanks. I loved it. Someone saw a rainbow as they were coming back to the ship later that day and posted it on our cruise facebook group. It was the coolest picture because it looked like the rainbows end was the Maigc. I should see if I can find it and ask if I can post it.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #627
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I ended up on the exercise bike ...for 50 minutes. not to bad. Now my legs are sore...I wonder why? Could be that I haven't exercised since my Disney trip?
I can't beleive how many pictures i took of disney on Ice. Wow. And even with 50% that are totally blurry, I still have a lit of semi decent ones, well decent for the point in shoot camera.
I really should start stair climbing again before I have to start over from scratch again. But honestly, I know I won't. It's just going to have to wait until the kids get back in school.

Which Disney on Ice was it? We're going in March. I don't remember the name, but it has a Brave segment in it. But then maybe they all do now!

Just curious why you brought the point and shoot. Do they now allow DSLR's in your arena? Ours is really hit or miss. DSLRs get through but not always. Either that or the policy keeps changing.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #628
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

UGH! What a start to Christmas morning! I hope it got better fast.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #629
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I really should start stair climbing again before I have to start over from scratch again. But honestly, I know I won't. It's just going to have to wait until the kids get back in school.

Which Disney on Ice was it? We're going in March. I don't remember the name, but it has a Brave segment in it. But then maybe they all do now!

Just curious why you brought the point and shoot. Do they now allow DSLR's in your arena? Ours is really hit or miss. DSLRs get through but not always. Either that or the policy keeps changing.
I brought the point and shoot because they do bag checks and don't allow SLR's. I double checked and even aske a friend who goes to this arena ALL the time. But we went in through a different way this time and there was NO bag check. I could've smuggled it in. I was so mad. But last time I brought one to a Disney thing I was made to go and put it back in my car.
Oh well. My pictures aren't grat, but i got a few memories recorded.

Quote:
UGH! What a start to Christmas morning! I hope it got better fast.
I think it did. He was tired and in pain, but he seemed fairly cheerful.
But then yesterday his buddy told him that I had someone post on my facebook page that Skip needed to make more money so I could go to Disney more often. Well that was a lie. no one posted that on my page yesterday, nor ever that I remember and I even went back through the whole month of Dec and could not find such a post. I swear he was believing his friend over me and that ticked me off. I told him I can't find it, so if it was posted, it was a long time ago. And if someone posted it, it was probably a joke, and it had nothing to do with me. I can't help what others post. At first he was kind of being a jerk about it, but then he got better and I got madder. LOL
He did ask why his friend would lie, and I told him because he lies all the time and he likes to cause trouble. He was probably trying to be funny with Skip and the perk was that Skip would be mad at me. You know how dumb guys are when they are together.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #630
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I must say I had a hard time getting a good shot of Mickey here. He is so dark in color and he just would not turn out nice. I think these are about the best I could get the whole trip.

More chandelier overload. I was trying to be artsy, I guess. LOL

Letís move on, shall we?

How about Beat Street?

I really LOVE this next picture.

Inside Rockiní Bar D.

Another picture I really like.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: