Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #31
disneydreamer74
DIS Veteran

On my last trip I weighed in at 240 lbs. and 5'7" tall. The only issue I had was the Pooh ride, believe it or not. DD loves Pooh so we rode it. I did not have problem fitting in the seat, but I was very uncomfortable and felt squished. Could not wait for it to end so that I could breathe again, lol. Hoping that since I am down 25 lbs. PLus what I lose before July trip, I will fit more comfortably this time. Yikes!
1997-WDW-POR,1998-WDW -offsite,DLR-Aug. 2008-DLH,DLR-July 2009-Hyatt Regency,DLR-Aug.2010-Holiday inn Anaheim-Bella's 4th bday , July 2011-Hotel Menage/FFI, Jan '12- FFI, July '12- FFI, Hojo's/ PPH-June '13. Next trip...Jan. '14- FFI
My family:me-SuperMom and Travel Agent Extraordinairre, 40 DH, 35 our princess DD 7 yrs old
disneydreamer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #32
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Did you sit in the front? The front seat on Pooh is much tighter than the second or third rows. That is also good to know if you have knee or hip problems as well, b/c the first row is that much harder to get into or out of.

So if you were in the first row, try a different row next time, see if it's different.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2009, 05:27 PM   #33
fairykin

i say all kinds of monKey things
i just went *FaFiNkA~CLeeeeeeeeeeK*

I just wanted to give you a hug and say.. Have a great vacation and make lots of happy memories!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #34
disneydreamer74
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Did you sit in the front? The front seat on Pooh is much tighter than the second or third rows. That is also good to know if you have knee or hip problems as well, b/c the first row is that much harder to get into or out of.

So if you were in the first row, try a different row next time, see if it's different.
Come to think of it, I was in the front, will try the back row this time,lol!
1997-WDW-POR,1998-WDW -offsite,DLR-Aug. 2008-DLH,DLR-July 2009-Hyatt Regency,DLR-Aug.2010-Holiday inn Anaheim-Bella's 4th bday , July 2011-Hotel Menage/FFI, Jan '12- FFI, July '12- FFI, Hojo's/ PPH-June '13. Next trip...Jan. '14- FFI
My family:me-SuperMom and Travel Agent Extraordinairre, 40 DH, 35 our princess DD 7 yrs old
disneydreamer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:51 AM   #35
Hologram Lampwick
You know its a cool effect..

it really comes down to how you pack your weight on the body.

like me for example, i am considered overweight by the average standard. at 5'10 weighing 240. but i am also kinda built for what i do, ( i am a heavyweight boxer, and used to be a linemen) so i do not appear fat or obese, just thicker and broader.
i have never had a problem with getting on a ride at Disneyland. so it really comes down to how your body holds the extra weight.
Men and Women also tend to hold weight differently.
Hologram Lampwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #36
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

I'm about 5'10 and 300 pounds. I'm built like a football player. The only ride that I had felt uncomfortable on was muholland madness. Not enough leg room.

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #37
jar311
Earning My Ears

Hi, new here! My partner and I are headed to DL in February. We are travelling from Vancouver, BC (land of the fat-phobic yoga yuppies) and I am *petrified* of not fitting. I am 6'2" 340lbs and I can't ride anything with a shoulder harness at our local amusement park PlayLand. I haven't been to DL as a kid where I fit everything. I carry my weight mostly in my stomach and on my lower back. Any ideas? I hate getting kicked off rides, it's mortifying.
jar311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #38
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

5-9 and 300# here....fit on every ride at DLCA and WDW in 2010 and WDW in 2012.

wish i could say the same for UOIA
d1gitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #39
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

I'm 6' 6" tall and weighed 365 lbs at my heaviest. The only ride that ever gave me any trouble was Space Mountain, and it wasn't because of my weight. I had to fold my legs in an uncomfortable position in order to get into the car and once I got in I was unable to lower the lap bar. I was removed from the ride at the dispatch brakes (the last set of brakes before entering the roller coaster. It was rather embarrassing!

Rick
rmgreenesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #40
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar311 View Post
Hi, new here! My partner and I are headed to DL in February. We are travelling from Vancouver, BC (land of the fat-phobic yoga yuppies) and I am *petrified* of not fitting. I am 6'2" 340lbs and I can't ride anything with a shoulder harness at our local amusement park PlayLand. I haven't been to DL as a kid where I fit everything. I carry my weight mostly in my stomach and on my lower back. Any ideas? I hate getting kicked off rides, it's mortifying.
DH is shorter and heavier than you, and shoulder harnesses have NOT been a problem. If he doesn't move his arms very carefully he can get stuck with an arm up while loading Screamin', but the CMs will see that, release the harness, and you can start over.

Goofy's Sky School (formerly known as Mulholland Madness) is one of the two rides he was never able to ride. If you have big tree trunk legs AND a belly, I wouldn't even try Sky School, honestly. Not worth the embarrassment. And you have to board that ride in *seconds* or it causes problems, so you're frantically trying to squeeze in...it's not fun. It's just the way the lap bar works on that ride.

(the other ride DH couldn't do isn't there anymore)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #41
keltiesmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar311

We go feb 7-14, also from bc, Vancouver island. Have fun.
keltiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #42
jar311
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltiesmom View Post
We go feb 7-14, also from bc, Vancouver island. Have fun.
Sweet! Love the island. We will be there February 18-25. Hope you have a great time!
jar311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #43
isisisme
Pomme Frites and Mint Julip? yes please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar311
You won't be kicked off. I am currently pooh-sized (working on changing that if I can stop injuring myself/having procedures done). I would also suggest skipping the Bobsleds possibly. The new cars are hard to get into. It's not impossibly, but since you load and unload quickly, it's difficult.
isisisme is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: