Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
babyflo1
Earning My Ears

Jambo or Kidani?

Traveling with DH, 2 children and sister in October 2013. Has anyone stayed at either resort that can tell pros/cons of either? Kidani is slightly more expensive, I think because of extra bathroom and more sq feet. If I get my groceries delivered how to choose? Not going for the savanna view to save $$ but want to do a safari. Any advice?
Old 12-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyflo1 View Post
Traveling with DH, 2 children and sister in October 2013. Has anyone stayed at either resort that can tell pros/cons of either? Kidani is slightly more expensive, I think because of extra bathroom and more sq feet. If I get my groceries delivered how to choose? Not going for the savanna view to save $$ but want to do a safari. Any advice?
They offer an evening safari that includes dinner at Jiko, so it is pricy and there is an age limit to it. The Sunrise Safari requires a concierge stay.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #3
npuhala
Earning My Ears

Even though I'm a DVC member, I much prefer Jambo over Kidani. To me the lobby and overall theming is more impressive. It is my favorite resort on property because I swear I'm in Africa! I could stay here without going to the parks. Kidani, to me, feels more like an apartment complex with African decorations. Consider a savanna view instead of the safari. Watching the animals come in while sipping coffee in your pjs in the morning (or champagne at night) is amazing!
npuhala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I prefer the rooms in Kidani so much over Jambo. And the walk or shuttle to Jambo is short. You can experience the best of both.

I have stayed at every deluxe and DVC except for Poly and Kidani gets my vote for favorite resort.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by npuhala View Post
Even though I'm a DVC member, I much prefer Jambo over Kidani. To me the lobby and overall theming is more impressive. It is my favorite resort on property because I swear I'm in Africa! I could stay here without going to the parks. Kidani, to me, feels more like an apartment complex with African decorations. Consider a savanna view instead of the safari. Watching the animals come in while sipping coffee in your pjs in the morning (or champagne at night) is amazing!
Ditto. Our room at kidani was too far from the lobby. Also, not having counter service in the mornings was a bummer. And because of our room location, we basically drove everywhere during the trip because it was more convenient than walking to the buses. We will be staying at Jambo next time we stay at AKL. Everything is more convenient and you have 3 restaurants and a much larger gift shop there.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #6
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I've stayed at & visited both several times. Kidani is smaller & more intimate, Jambo is larger & more lively. There's more to do at Jambo & the lobby & shop are much more impressive. I like the rooms better at Kidani.

If I'm traveling with adults only, I prefer Kidani for the solitude. After a day in the parks its so nice to return to peace & quiet.

If I'm travelling with kids, I prefer Jambo because its closer to all the hustle & bustle.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
conefrog
Earning My Ears

Very helpful points of view for both. We are thinking about AKL for our next stay and renting points. Looks like you can't go wrong either way as there are pros and cons for each side.
conefrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: