Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
Escape Artist
Planning another getaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink415 View Post
I've been dis-enchanted by the dessert party

We've been several times, mostly because its the only way I get to see the castle show and fireworks. My family members won't stand in a large crowd for the fireworks so going to the dessert party has been a a way for me to see the fireworks Anyway, our last trip I wanted a table for 2 on Dec. 14th. I couldn't get a ressie for 2 at all, tried many times. Finally I made the ressie for 3, no problem. While I enjoyed the show, and we had a great table despite making the ressie a couple days ahead of time, the dessert party was very sparsely attended on the 14th. There were many many empty tables. It puts me off that I couldn't get a table for 2 with so many empty tables available. That fact, along with how difficult it can be to find out when the ressies are going to be available, leaves a bad feeling. I did spend the $75 willingly, but I wish Disney would make the reservation system better. Seeing all those empty tables made me feel cheated having to pay for 3 when I wanted 2.
Totally understand your feelings. I'd really like to switch my dates from a Friday to Wednesday in January, but once you're booked, there's no flexibility. I wish there was a better way, too, but those empty seats were all paid for, so Disney is holding them in case those people show up. I really hate it that my Disney trip is less special because of people who overbook their vacations and clearly don't care about the money they're wasting (I can only imagine that!), and waste opportunities that others of us would dearly love to have. It's so rude!

Disney fans - if you have a reservation and you're not going to use it - CANCEL IT and make the space available for someone else! And PP, talk to MK guest relations about having to pay for that extra seat - that is crazy! This reservation system isn't working as well as it should be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Escape Artist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dessert party, magic kingdom, terrace, tomorrowland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: