Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #466
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Why were you riding rides at the parties when you can do that during regular park hours? When I go to the MVMCP, I go for the party-specific things - the parade, Holiday Wishes, and the stage shows.
I absolutely recommend doing things you can do during a regular park day during the day, and saving the party for special party things.

But there are many reasons people might choose to do rides at a party. Maybe that's their only stop at Disney for this trip. Maybe they are locals. Maybe since it's getting close to Christmas the ride lines are much longer during the day. Maybe there are members of their party who just wanted to do a certain ride at night. Lots of reasons.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #467
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to post a few little snippets of our experience for MVMCP.

We went on Tuesday, December 11 using our DVC discount. The park wasn't busy when we first entered around 530-6ish. A lot of people seemed to be making their way out.

All I really wanted to do for this night was to watch the fireworks and the second parade.

We ended up going on Splash (huge mistake because it was FREEZING that night!) and after we exited the ride we saw the HUMONGOUS line for the 7 dwarves. DH said, we'll check on the line later. Sure, I though. There was no way we would be able to get a pic with them. Anyways, it was almost time for the fireworks and we ended up standing near Casey's corner for the fireworks and it was amazing! We got there about 15 minutes before the show and had a great view!

After the fireworks we made our way back towards Frontierland so we can get a front row seat for the parade. But first, DH wanted to go check on the line for the 7 Dwarves. I just KNEW the line was going to be even longer when we got there. But what do you know! There was about maybe 10-12 people in line! We waited in line a total of 11 minutes, and that's even with the dwarves 5 minute water break! So maybe check the line after the fireworks show. I would post a picture, but they are on PP and am awaiting the download.

We then made our way back over to Frontierland, where we got pics with two Country Bears (again PP) but only waited a minute or two.

As for the parade?? There was PLENTY of room on the main road in Frontierland! It was crazy! I usually see rows of people behind each other for the parade, but there was no one standing behind us! It was great!

Overall, we had an amazing time! All rides were walk on's, there was plenty of hot chocolate and cookies everywhere, and crowds were minimal. We definitely plan on doing this again in the future!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #468
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface
Just wanted to post a few little snippets of our experience for MVMCP.

We went on Tuesday, December 11 using our DVC discount. The park wasn't busy when we first entered around 530-6ish. A lot of people seemed to be making their way out.

All I really wanted to do for this night was to watch the fireworks and the second parade.

We ended up going on Splash (huge mistake because it was FREEZING that night!) and after we exited the ride we saw the HUMONGOUS line for the 7 dwarves. DH said, we'll check on the line later. Sure, I though. There was no way we would be able to get a pic with them. Anyways, it was almost time for the fireworks and we ended up standing near Casey's corner for the fireworks and it was amazing! We got there about 15 minutes before the show and had a great view!

After the fireworks we made our way back towards Frontierland so we can get a front row seat for the parade. But first, DH wanted to go check on the line for the 7 Dwarves. I just KNEW the line was going to be even longer when we got there. But what do you know! There was about maybe 10-12 people in line! We waited in line a total of 11 minutes, and that's even with the dwarves 5 minute water break! So maybe check the line after the fireworks show. I would post a picture, but they are on PP and am awaiting the download.

We then made our way back over to Frontierland, where we got pics with two Country Bears (again PP) but only waited a minute or two.

As for the parade?? There was PLENTY of room on the main road in Frontierland! It was crazy! I usually see rows of people behind each other for the parade, but there was no one standing behind us! It was great!

Overall, we had an amazing time! All rides were walk on's, there was plenty of hot chocolate and cookies everywhere, and crowds were minimal. We definitely plan on doing this again in the future!
We had the same experience with the Dwarves on 12/7. Rode BTMRR twice in a row at the end of the fireworks and decided to check out the line after. There were maybe 5 people ahead of us. Took 5-10 minutes total to get through the line and get our photos.

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
mom2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #469
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2travel View Post
We had the same experience with the Dwarves on 12/7. Rode BTMRR twice in a row at the end of the fireworks and decided to check out the line after. There were maybe 5 people ahead of us. Took 5-10 minutes total to get through the line and get our photos.
Wasn't that amazing!? I wasn't even planning on getting in line for them because I didn't want to spend the entire party time there. I'm so glad we lucked out!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #470
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface

Wasn't that amazing!? I wasn't even planning on getting in line for them because I didn't want to spend the entire party time there. I'm so glad we lucked out!
Yes, we were the same. Had already told myself it wasn't going to happen, so was very happily surprised!

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 01-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #471
MUDisneyCouple
Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!!!

We had to leave our party night early. Was there a photo pass specific card to get for borders or bonus content? Just curious as the few pics we got that night, there was 1 border in the general photo pass ones for MVMCP an was wondering if there were more. TIA
2003:Honeymoon-Wilderness Lodge; 2006:Spring Break-All Star Sports; 2007:2nd Honeymoon-Polynesian & DCL; 2007:1st Trip to DLR via Vegas; 2008:Badly needed trip to the World-Wilderness Lodge; 2008:1st Christmas Trip-Contemporary; 2009:What aren't we celebrating?!?!-Saratoga Springs; 2010:Alice's 1st Trip to WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2011:Alice's 1st Trip to DLR-Grand Californian; 2012:Parents Getaway-Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012 :Are we nuts? Yep!-Ft. Wilderness; 2012:Alice's 1st Christmas at WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2013:Summer Fun-The Boardwalk; 2013:10th Anniversary Wine and Dine-Old Key West; 2014: Summer Wilderness Adventure-Wilderness Lodge Villas
MUDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #472
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDisneyCouple
We had to leave our party night early. Was there a photo pass specific card to get for borders or bonus content? Just curious as the few pics we got that night, there was 1 border in the general photo pass ones for MVMCP an was wondering if there were more. TIA
I'm editing my photos now, and I only saw one party border that says MVMCP. The other holiday ones are coming up as choices for any photo, not just ones from party nights

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 01-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #473
MUDisneyCouple
Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!!!

Thanks! I was seeing the same borders, but just wanted to make sure since we didn't get a specific card that night that we weren't missing out I remember when there were Pirate and Princess parties that you needed a card from the party for party-specific borders. Thanks for your quick reply!!
2003:Honeymoon-Wilderness Lodge; 2006:Spring Break-All Star Sports; 2007:2nd Honeymoon-Polynesian & DCL; 2007:1st Trip to DLR via Vegas; 2008:Badly needed trip to the World-Wilderness Lodge; 2008:1st Christmas Trip-Contemporary; 2009:What aren't we celebrating?!?!-Saratoga Springs; 2010:Alice's 1st Trip to WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2011:Alice's 1st Trip to DLR-Grand Californian; 2012:Parents Getaway-Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012 :Are we nuts? Yep!-Ft. Wilderness; 2012:Alice's 1st Christmas at WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2013:Summer Fun-The Boardwalk; 2013:10th Anniversary Wine and Dine-Old Key West; 2014: Summer Wilderness Adventure-Wilderness Lodge Villas
MUDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #474
siskaren
DIS Veteran

You don't need a special PhotoPass card to get the MVMCP border(s), the system knows which of your pictures were taken at MVMCP. And I just checked my pictures from when I went to the MVMCP in 2007 and there was only one MVMCP border (If there was more than one, I would've gotten them. )
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: