Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 05:18 AM   #76
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I am sooooo late so feel free to make me stand in the corner

Wonderful reviews and photos as always, I was exctied to see your reviews of LTT and Tutto as they are both places that we haven't tried yet but really want to

Anyway, I will try and keep up now
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #77
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Ha! That's funny - Justin from Ohio. Glad to know that he was excellent! I was really excited about your Sanaa review since Em and I plan to stay at AKL sometime soon.

I so want that Tandoori Shrimp and some basmati rice - they both look awesome!
It's a split vote between Sanaa and Jiko for favorites - good because I want to try both!

I'm looking forward to your California Grill review!
I hope you and Em do stay at AKL soon. I would love to hear what you think of the food at Saana and Jiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
I am sooooo late so feel free to make me stand in the corner

Wonderful reviews and photos as always, I was exctied to see your reviews of LTT and Tutto as they are both places that we haven't tried yet but really want to

Anyway, I will try and keep up now
Hi Linda! Glad you can read along, but I think you've been a bit busy with travels of your own lately. Lucky you, going to Disneyland.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside

Up next: Wilderness Lodge

Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #78
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

My apologies to anyone still reading for taking so very long to finish up.

CALIFORNIA GRILL

On our last night we headed over for dinner at Cali Grill. I hadn't planned to eat here, but at Brian's request I was able to find an ADR just a few weeks before our trip.

Even though it was a Monday night, the restaurant was very busy with many patrons that were dressed up for special occassions. After being seated in the same seat our last two meals at Cali Grill, I requested to be by a window this time. It took a little longer, but we finally got the seat I wanted.

Our server, Kelly, came by with this basket of bread. Once again, I'm loving this salted butter.

bread from Cali Grill by Smiling Cheshire Cat, on Flickr

There was a fair amount of debate about what to order. I was still quite full from our lunch, and decided on sharing a flatbread with the boys. Since I was doing the live reporting for Barb(Jabead) I had asked her opinion and she recommended the BLT flatbread. Thanks again Barb, this one was a winner! I loved the sweet bacon, mild tomatoes, tangy mayo, and the crispy lettuce.

BLT Flatbread from Cali Grill by Smiling Cheshire Cat, on Flickr

Chase, being a picky eater, debated between going outside his comfort zone and having the cheeseburger flatbread or the kid's mac and cheese. After Kelly told him he could get a double portion of the mac and cheese he decided on that. Here's $18 of mac and cheese!

mac and cheese from Cali Grill by Smiling Cheshire Cat, on Flickr

Brian suprised me when he chose the Jumbo Prawns over grits.

Prawns from Cali Grill by Smiling Cheshire Cat, on Flickr

These prawns were just huge! I wish I would have taken a picture after he took the heads off so you could appreciate just how big they were. I took one bite and agreed the prawns were tasty. Brian cleaned his plate so it must have been good.

Dessert was an easy selection for us. I love mild chocolate so we chose Heather's Chocolate Sampler. My favorite was the Chipotle Chocolate Cupcake. Chase wouldn't share the Peanut Butter Buckeye Pop, but he said it was delicious. Brian liked the Whoopie Pie, so we were all happy.

Heather's Chocolate Sampler from Cali Grill by Smiling Cheshire Cat, on Flickr

Once again, we had another great meal at Cali Grill!

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside

Old 12-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #79
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

We were supposed to have breakfast at Boma before heading off to the airport, but I was just to full to think of eating. Brian and Chase did eat there, but of course they didn't take any pictures so sorry there's no report on Boma other than to say they both liked it.

That's finally a wrap on this trip. Thanks for reading along.

Rachel

Old 12-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #80
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Rachel! Oh no, this is the end... I enjoyed reading here as well as your live updates! Thanks for sharing!

That's awesome that you were able to get an ADR at Cali Grill within weeks of your trip. The prawns do look amazing! (I'm a heads off my prawns kinda gal! )

And to give you a sneak preview... Em and I are staying at AKL for 1 nite next trip. I can't wait to stay there.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #81
budafam
DIS Veteran

THANK YOU for the mac & cheese picture. Was it just normal mac & cheese? I have a very picky DH and mac & cheese or pizzas are his only staples at Disney. If he can order mac & cheese at Cali Grill, I may have a chance to get him to go there!
budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #82
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Rachel! Oh no, this is the end... I enjoyed reading here as well as your live updates! Thanks for sharing!

That's awesome that you were able to get an ADR at Cali Grill within weeks of your trip. The prawns do look amazing! (I'm a heads off my prawns kinda gal! )

And to give you a sneak preview... Em and I are staying at AKL for 1 nite next trip. I can't wait to stay there.
Brenda I am so excited you and Em will be at AKL if only for one night. I'm hoping for reviews of Jiko and Saana from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
THANK YOU for the mac & cheese picture. Was it just normal mac & cheese? I have a very picky DH and mac & cheese or pizzas are his only staples at Disney. If he can order mac & cheese at Cali Grill, I may have a chance to get him to go there!
Yes, it was standard Mac and cheese. It appeared to be cooked on the stove instead of baked in the oven. It was very creamy and delicious. Also I've had the 3 cheese flatbread without the sundried tomatoes and it reminds me of very delicious cheese pizza.

Rachel

Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #83
dad4dis
Mouseketeer

Great review!
dad4dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #84
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad4dis View Post
Great review!
Thanks so much!

Rachel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: