Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #31
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Beach Pool and Alice in Wonderland water playset at night ~

From the marina side of the Sugarloaf building looking up at our room. Ours is on the third floor, right in the center with the lights on. JoBird and family were in the room to the right of us.

More pics at night ~

Sugarloaf CL Offerings, Cordials and Desserts (8-10pm) ~

Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #32
a742246
older than dirt

Enjoying your Trip report.
a742246 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #33
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by a742246 View Post
Enjoying your Trip report.

Thank you!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #34
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

More lobby pics (from the second floor) ~

Mizner's ~

From the second floor balcony of the main building ~

Second floor looking down at the Gingerbread House ~

Old 12-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #35
tinkerbellmagic
don't hate me because I loved the castle cake

Ah, this was just what I needed to escape from the Christmas madness, Shelly's trip report. Welcome back!

I really enjoyed your GF pics. We stayed there last August and enjoyed it so much. I don't know what we would have done without Gasparilla, though, as it was open during our stay and we went there quite a few times. The kiddie pool area was still under construction at the time. I know we'll probably never get to stay at GF again ($$$), but I'll always have fond memories of it.

I also love the Poly very much. We stayed there 4x and it's one of our nostalgic favorites, especially at Christmas with all the Hawaiian Christmas carols. I know my grandson would love to stay there again.

Can't wait to hear more.
Joanne
tinkerbellmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #36
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say that I made it here and I'm enjoying looking at all the photos, even if I'll probably never stay at GF.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #37
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Mizner's ~

I don't remember ever seeing this before. Is it temporary while the other place is closed? Great report!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #38
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Great report Shelly! Seeing all the pix of the GF brings back such good memories. I had no idea they made a separate play area for the Alice splash thing. I thought it was put at the edge of the pool lol! Thank goodness that's not the case.
I can't believe how much is built for the DVC. We haven't been over there since we stayed at the Poly in 2011.
I thought the CL offerings were better there (Yum!) than the BC.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #39
MizSassy
Earning My Ears

I don't know how I existed without knowing about this website! Reading these reviews is SO amazingly helpful! Thank you for your detailed review! Anxiously waiting to here about the Polynesian since that is where my heart is set on staying next October!
MizSassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #40
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your review. We've stayed at both the GF and Poly and although we've had great stays at the GF, the Poly is still our favorite. Having stayed both SL and RPC, I love RPC but didn't care for SL. I don't like how the lounge is located right inside the lobby as you walk in and it was always very chaotic during our stay. I think SL is in a great location as it's located right next to the courtyard pool and is close to Gasparilla's and the main building, but if we stayed at the GF again and RPC wasn't available, I would opt for a GV room over SL again.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #41
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

I love all your pictures of the Grand Floridian. DH and I stayed there for our wedding/honeymoon, so it makes me all smiles to see it Can't wait to see pictures of the Polynesian as we will be staying there in about a month with DD!!!

me DH DD and DS
hulagirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #42
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellmagic View Post
Ah, this was just what I needed to escape from the Christmas madness, Shelly's trip report. Welcome back!

I really enjoyed your GF pics. We stayed there last August and enjoyed it so much. I don't know what we would have done without Gasparilla, though, as it was open during our stay and we went there quite a few times. The kiddie pool area was still under construction at the time. I know we'll probably never get to stay at GF again ($$$), but I'll always have fond memories of it.

I also love the Poly very much. We stayed there 4x and it's one of our nostalgic favorites, especially at Christmas with all the Hawaiian Christmas carols. I know my grandson would love to stay there again.

Can't wait to hear more.
Joanne
Thank you Joanne! Glad you are enjoying the reviews.

I bet last August at the GF was wonderful! I think it's a better place to stay in the summer, less hectic.

The Poly was wonderful, lots on it to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I just wanted to say that I made it here and I'm enjoying looking at all the photos, even if I'll probably never stay at GF.
Hi Mel

Glad you are enjoying the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I don't remember ever seeing this before. Is it temporary while the other place is closed? Great report!
Mizner's was there before, but it was a lounge maybe.....someone correct me if I'm wrong...They have added some CS items there for the time being since Gasparilla's was closed.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #43
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Great report Shelly! Seeing all the pix of the GF brings back such good memories. I had no idea they made a separate play area for the Alice splash thing. I thought it was put at the edge of the pool lol! Thank goodness that's not the case.
I can't believe how much is built for the DVC. We haven't been over there since we stayed at the Poly in 2011.
I thought the CL offerings were better there (Yum!) than the BC.
Thanks!

The water play area isn't right at the edge of the pool, however it is VERY close.

I really thought they'd be further along with the DVC. I didn't think it looked that much different than when we were there in May. But they are definitely working on it everyday!

I've never heard too much about the BC CL. I hear the BWI CL is awesome! I'd love to try it someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizSassy View Post
I don't know how I existed without knowing about this website! Reading these reviews is SO amazingly helpful! Thank you for your detailed review! Anxiously waiting to here about the Polynesian since that is where my heart is set on staying next October!
to the DIS!! This is a great place for all things Disney!! Lots of valuable info here!

Glad you are enjoying the review! The Poly is coming up shortly! Hope you get to stay there next October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Thanks for your review. We've stayed at both the GF and Poly and although we've had great stays at the GF, the Poly is still our favorite. Having stayed both SL and RPC, I love RPC but didn't care for SL. I don't like how the lounge is located right inside the lobby as you walk in and it was always very chaotic during our stay. I think SL is in a great location as it's located right next to the courtyard pool and is close to Gasparilla's and the main building, but if we stayed at the GF again and RPC wasn't available, I would opt for a GV room over SL again.
You're welcome!

RPC must be awesome! I never hear anything bad about it. I wasn't crazy about the SL set up either. Just too busy and crammed all the time. But yes you are right, the location is super!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulagirl87 View Post
I love all your pictures of the Grand Floridian. DH and I stayed there for our wedding/honeymoon, so it makes me all smiles to see it Can't wait to see pictures of the Polynesian as we will be staying there in about a month with DD!!!

Thank you!

How awesome that you got to stay at the GF for your honeymoon! Did you get married at Disney?

Congrats on your upcoming Poly stay. You are going to love it!!
Old 12-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #44
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Outside the front entrance again ~

Sugarloaf CL offerings, Afternoon Tea (2:30-4) ~

At the Beach Pool ~

By the pool bar ~

Old 12-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #45
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Back of the main building ~

And shots from our balcony during the day.

To the right ~

Straight ahead ~

And to the left ~

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: