Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
vineyard2277
Earning My Ears

Unhappy Grand Cayman Golf

Hello All,
Long time lurker first time poster.
After 6 Disney cruises on both the M&W, we are taking a leap to the Fantasy this February 2013.

After reserving port activities last month, I received a voice mail from Disney yesterday saying that the Grand Cayman golf activity is no longer being supported by Disney. After checking my crusie activites online, sure enough the reservation was removed.
Has anyone heard or received a better explanation as to the reason behind Disney's decision? I'm just being lazy not calling Disney direct and figured it's a bit quicker and easier to post my question here.

I do plan on golfing in Grand Cayman with my boys by reserving on my own but I am just curious as to Disney's reasoning.
Thanks for everyone's input over the years and happy sailings in the future.
Bill
vineyard2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
dgkjh
Earning My Ears

Not sure I can supply much info, but on our recent Western on the Fantasy (Dec 8-15), I had checked with Port Adventures about golf at Grand Cayman and there wasn't enough interest and so there was no option, at least not through their desk. I had considered booking earlier, along with my friend, but even at that they would have cancelled it as they require a certain number of people. My understanding was that for both Grand Cayman and Cozumel, the numbers have always been quite low for golf and so it usually doesn't happen.

I love golf but not interested to pay that much for the experience, especially when the courses are not outstanding - at least from what I can gather. The weather would have been quite hot as well and I don't enjoy golf in the heat, so I certainly didn't miss it. Had we had more time in Orlando on our return, though, I would have loved to play there.

Dec 1997: All Star Sports
Dec 14-22, 2008: All Star Music
Dec 7-17, 2009: Pop Century (Free Dining)
Jan 15-22, 2011: Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean
Feb 23 - Mar 1, 2012: (DW only, along with her two sisters) Port Orleans Riverside, Disney Princess Half Marathon, Disney Dream
Dec 8-15, 2012: Disney Fantasy - Western Caribbean

me DW DD12 DS8
dgkjh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: