Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
ZoeBell
Mouseketeer

Gift Card questions

I called today and added the GC to my account. She reminded me to bring the cards in case they needed to add money back on. I don't think that will happen. But just in case I have a question. If I have the Disney GC app on my phone and the GC are loaded on there do I still need the actual card for money to be added back? Or can the card be reloaded via the GC numbers on the app? I'd rather not have to bring the cards with me since I'm trying to pack as light as possible.

Thank you!

25 days and counting
ZoeBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

The Gift Card app does not show the entire card number.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
neg58
DIS Veteran

Isn't the refund to the gift card done electronically, in that you might not even know that they refunded anything, so don't throw the cards away?

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #4
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58
Isn't the refund to the gift card done electronically, in that you might not even know that they refunded anything, so don't throw the cards away?

Nancy
Exactly. I found this out after my last cruise. I could have looked up the balances online, but I just took them on a later WDW trip and considered whatever showed up when the card was swiped to be a bonus . It wasn't much, so it didn't really matter. I knew from my final statement that the right amount was charged back to the cards, I just didn't know which cards received which amount.
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
2CME911
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeBell View Post
I called today and added the GC to my account. She reminded me to bring the cards in case they needed to add money back on. I don't think that will happen. But just in case I have a question. If I have the Disney GC app on my phone and the GC are loaded on there do I still need the actual card for money to be added back? Or can the card be reloaded via the GC numbers on the app? I'd rather not have to bring the cards with me since I'm trying to pack as light as possible.
Yeah, interesting question. I've never heard of anyone reporting that they needed the actual card to have money refunded back onto it, only that they needed the actual card in order to access/respend the refunded money. Maybe they've had complaints from customers who don't track their cards and can't figure out which card has the refund? . Anyway, it really shouldn't be much of an issue since there are instructions right on the back of the card how to check the balance either online or by telephone (if you have a magnifying glass that is).

I guess it makes sense to bring 1 or 2 (empty) cards with you, just in case they want an actual card for whatever reason. As PP noted, the app won't help get the refund to happen, since you don't have the entire number visible on there. It only helps YOU track the cards.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: