Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #16
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyjc81 View Post
Silverfox97 - will you send me the same PM please, I don't understand about pepe either!

Thanks
CAUTION ; Spoiler Alert ! !

http://www.passporter.com/photos/dis...y-fantasy.html

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ghlight=pepe+s

Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #17
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyjc81
Silverfox97 - will you send me the same PM please, I don't understand about pepe either!

Thanks
Yep! Done

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #18
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002

We cruised on the Fantasy in July and the steps are made of a different material and they aren't hot
We cruised Fantasy in August and I thought they were hot!

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:02 AM   #19
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momfromva
We're cruising in February. I imagine that our weather will be similar. Can you tell me if you remember if the outside stairs leading up to the Aquaduck were hot? My DS hated standing on the hot steps when we were on the Dream last June. Thanks for your help!
It depends on what time of year you go and how warm the weather is. When I went it June, the weather was high 80s/ low 90s on the Fantasy. And let me tell you, the steps were very hot!!! Oh sea days they didn't seem to be that bad, it was mostly when the ship was in port they got very hot.

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #20
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

I have seen a couple of PP's mention the Rainforest pass in the Senses Spa. This gives you unlimited access through the cruise to sauna, steam rooms, heated lounge chairs, etc. I was up in the spa as soon as we boarded, attempting (successfully) to swap two individual massages for a couples massage. I would highly recommend that, by the way, especially if you are without kids. It is roughly a two and a half hour experience. You go in and are immediately taken out onto a private verandah in the "couples villa" room, where the two masseuses have you sit down while they scrub your feet and lower legs with a scrub and hot water. They then leave you on the verandah for 20 to 30 minutes, where there are a couple of lounges, a hot tub and a huge shower (if you have felt cramped in the stateroom bath, it's great!). They'll eventually knock on the door and invite you back in for whatever treatment each of you chose (don't have to be the same and there are a few options...I've done the hot stones both times we've done this...DW got some sort of seaweed wrap the first time and hated it...she stuck with massage and facial last week and was much happier!). After that bliss, you go back on the verandah for a bit, where they bring you fruit skewers, chocolate covered strawberries and a variety of hot tea choices. If you're without kids and on an anniversary, it's almost a must-do. (If you're with kids at some point, still a great option...just make sure they know NOT to call you on the Wave phone -- trust me, you don't want to hear a masseuse ask "do you want to answer that?" while you're in mid-massage!).

As for the Rainforest Pass, one of the folks at the spa asked me on that first day if I wanted to get one since they only sell 40 of them per cruise. I got the tour, did the math (40 people vs. 4,000 passengers -- get it now or never!) and knew that DW loves a good spa atmosphere, so I gave in and did it. It was $148 for a couple ($99 for one person) and seemed like a reasonable per-day fee, especially per spouse. By Thursday, we realized we had yet to step foot into the Rainforest area and has basically wasted $148. Again, with kids, we just never found a good time to get away each day (even individually) to take advantage of it. To DCL's credit, DW went to the spa and did a little bargaining, and they were nice enough to give us $148 worth of products in place of the pass. I had been prepared to acknowledge we (translate: I) had simply wasted good money before thinking it through and simply chalk it up to experience, but thanks to DW's bargaining, we'll each now have some very expensive products in our Christmas stockings! Would we have used the Rainforest pass if our kids weren't with us? Not sure. That would probably depend on excursion choices, etc. We are constantly checking the Navigator to see what is going on and were constantly on the move. Thus, the "value" of the Rainforest pass would totally depend on how you approach a DCL cruise....but certainly worth considering.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #21
Ikaikalani
Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

I have a question: We leave in two weeks.....how was the water temp. at Castaway Cay???? TIA
Old 12-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #22
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

Fantasy Question

Was there any ballroom dancing on the ship? If so, what kind of lessons were they giving?
PrettyPrincessJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #23
Ikaikalani
Tee-Eye-double Guh-err

What a great question! I would love to try some ballroom dancing, and on such an elegant ship too!!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #24
Juney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPrincessJen
Was there any ballroom dancing on the ship? If so, what kind of lessons were they giving?
No ballroom dancing on my December 1 cruise.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
December '09 Disney Western Caribbean 7 Day, Magic
December '10 Walt Disney World, Polynesian
December '11 Disney Mexican Riviera, Wonder
December '12 Disney Eastern Caribbean 7 day, Fantasy

December '13 Disney Western Caribbean 7 day, Fantasy
Juney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #25
Juney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimosabe

As for the Rainforest Pass, one of the folks at the spa asked me on that first day if I wanted to get one since they only sell 40 of them per cruise. I got the tour, did the math (40 people vs. 4,000 passengers -- get it now or never!) and knew that DW loves a good spa atmosphere, so I gave in and did it. It was $148 for a couple ($99 for one person) and seemed like a reasonable per-day fee, especially per spouse. By Thursday, we realized we had yet to step foot into the Rainforest area and has basically wasted $148. Again, with kids, we just never found a good time to get away each day (even individually) to take advantage of it. To DCL's credit, DW went to the spa and did a little bargaining, and they were nice enough to give us $148 worth of products in place of the pass. I had been prepared to acknowledge we (translate: I) had simply wasted good money before thinking it through and simply chalk it up to experience, but thanks to DW's bargaining, we'll each now have some very expensive products in our Christmas stockings! Would we have used the Rainforest pass if our kids weren't with us? Not sure. That would probably depend on excursion choices, etc. We are constantly checking the Navigator to see what is going on and were constantly on the move. Thus, the "value" of the Rainforest pass would totally depend on how you approach a DCL cruise....but certainly worth considering.
We were just the opposite. My husband and I both were in there every single day. Actually, it he ended up showering down there every day in addition to enjoying the amenities. He's 6'5" and found he had substantially more room.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
December '09 Disney Western Caribbean 7 Day, Magic
December '10 Walt Disney World, Polynesian
December '11 Disney Mexican Riviera, Wonder
December '12 Disney Eastern Caribbean 7 day, Fantasy

December '13 Disney Western Caribbean 7 day, Fantasy
Juney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:43 AM   #26
Anek0618
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssabear View Post
Palo Brunch.
The ventriloquist act if he is still there.
The tube at 10 pm or any game type shows that Trevor is hosting (he is a riot)
The senses spa deal for under $20/day where you get access to the saunas, special showers, private hot tubs and hot beds.
Cove cafe for a late night specialty coffee.
The adult areas on decks 11-13 at the front of the ship.
A picture with mickey.
Cast away cay.
What is the senses spa deal?? That sounds wonderful!

Ok, disregard this, I missed the large post above! HA!

Last edited by Anek0618; 12-21-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: didn't read everything
Anek0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #27
Momfromva
Missing Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktb2002 View Post
We cruised on the Fantasy in July and the steps are made of a different material and they aren't hot
Thanks so much! I've been trying to think of ways to have something under my sensitive little boys' feet (since we can't wear flip flops on the ride). The hot steps would be enough reason for him not to ride.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #28
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momfromva

Thanks so much! I've been trying to think of ways to have something under my sensitive little boys' feet (since we can't wear flip flops on the ride). The hot steps would be enough reason for him not to ride.
Again, I found them to be hot! You can wear sandals, flip flops, water shoes upstairs and take them off when you board the raft. Not a big deal. Better than burned feet! I wore my water shoes on the raft with no issues.

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #29
LoveStitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplejewel View Post
Is the Cove Cafe a large area or cramped and crowded all the time?
Probably our favorite spot on the ship! We found it before we even left port on the first day, and were in there at least once a day thereafter. It was beautifully decorated, comfortable, never crowded, and the crew there were friendly and attentive. You pay for all drinks (coffees, teas, alcohol), but food is always available, self-service, and included. (Pastries in the morning, desserts in the afternoon, and hors d'oeuvres in the evening.) I even saw people coming in just for the snacks and taking them out again without purchasing drinks, and no one said anything - as a matter of fact they graciously encouraged it. (Not us though - we're tea drinkers and loved their selection of teas, and they really knew how to serve them properly. Definitely worth the $5 or so per pot. We also enjoyed wine or port a couple of evenings.)

LoveStitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: