Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #2236
babyberger
DIS Veteran

It looks like a TPV with an AP disc just opened up for our dates. We loved our BLV room in Dec and not sure if we should upgrade to the TPV for Feb. I read that the TPV side can be have a lot of noise, anyone experience this? I am really torn, suggestions please? The price difference is about $35/nt if that makes a difference.

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #2237
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
It looks like a TPV with an AP disc just opened up for our dates. We loved our BLV room in Dec and not sure if we should upgrade to the TPV for Feb. I read that the TPV side can be have a lot of noise, anyone experience this? I am really torn, suggestions please? The price difference is about $35/nt if that makes a difference.
For just $35 per night, I would TOTALLY do TPV. We didn't have any problem with noise. I personally thought it was awesome to be able to hear the MK train from our balcony.

Fireworks weren't very loud with the door closed, but there's nothing better than watching Wishes from your resort room. It's the definition of magical!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #2238
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose

For just $35 per night, I would TOTALLY do TPV. We didn't have any problem with noise. I personally thought it was awesome to be able to hear the MK train from our balcony.

Fireworks weren't very loud with the door closed, but there's nothing better than watching Wishes from your resort room. It's the definition of magical!
Thank you!!!! On the phone now

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #2239
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone! I am new to this thread. I'm planning a trip to WDW in December 2013. At this time I am planning to rent DVC points to stay at BLT in a 1-bedroom. I could use some advice/opinions/insight.

I've noticed in the past few years, a 35% discount was offered to Visa holders, AP holders, FL residents and eventually the GP. The discounts were release as early as September and always encompassed the dates that I intend to go.

I am curious to know if anyone has ever booked a 1-bedroom at BLT using the standard reservation system then switched it to the discounted rate when the rates were released in the fall. I would prefer this option over renting DVC points. I've searched and searched but I have not found an example of when someone has actually been able to do this!

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere in this thread!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
Old 12-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #2240
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Thank you!!!! On the phone now

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I hope you got it, for that difference it wouldn't even be a question!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post
Hi Everyone! I am new to this thread. I'm planning a trip to WDW in December 2013. At this time I am planning to rent DVC points to stay at BLT in a 1-bedroom. I could use some advice/opinions/insight.

I've noticed in the past few years, a 35% discount was offered to Visa holders, AP holders, FL residents and eventually the GP. The discounts were release as early as September and always encompassed the dates that I intend to go.

I am curious to know if anyone has ever booked a 1-bedroom at BLT using the standard reservation system then switched it to the discounted rate when the rates were released in the fall. I would prefer this option over renting DVC points. I've searched and searched but I have not found an example of when someone has actually been able to do this!

As long as it is a regular cash booking, it should be like any other location -- if they offer the discounts for your dates, you would be able to call and have them applied.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #2241
sheilanne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle::

My family stayed in a 1 bedroom at baylake tower 11/27-12/4. I booked in March and tried the entire time for any kind of a discount, free dining, AAA, room discount, just anything and it never happened. Each time a discount was released they told me nothing was available at BLT. They said if I would switch to AKL, WL, Contemporary or GF I could get free dining, but I was foolish enough to decline because I was determined to stay at BLT. We had 4 adults, a six year old and 4 month old and the cost was 9600 with deluxe dining and park Hopper tickets. This didn't include airfare, so needless to say, this was more than I intended to spend.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #2242
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::danielle:: View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilanne View Post
My family stayed in a 1 bedroom at baylake tower 11/27-12/4. I booked in March and tried the entire time for any kind of a discount, free dining, AAA, room discount, just anything and it never happened. Each time a discount was released they told me nothing was available at BLT. They said if I would switch to AKL, WL, Contemporary or GF I could get free dining, but I was foolish enough to decline because I was determined to stay at BLT. We had 4 adults, a six year old and 4 month old and the cost was 9600 with deluxe dining and park Hopper tickets. This didn't include airfare, so needless to say, this was more than I intended to spend.
The thing to remember is that now that BLT is considered a "sold out" DVC resort, Disney only has a very small percentage of the rooms to use for cash reservations.

Discounts are used to fill empty rooms and they typically can fill BLT without having to offer discounts, so discounts for that resort have been few and far between.

Just remember that by the time you determine that the discount may or may not cover BLT, it will be too late to get into BLT sing rented DVC points.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 12-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #2243
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Blizzard Beach closed 12/22 due to cold weather - Blizzard Beach, one of Walt Disney World's two water parks, will be closed 12/22/12.

Spirit of Aloha dinner show cancelled 12/22 due to cold weather - The Polynesian Resort's Spirit of Aloha dinner show is cancelled on 12/22 due to cold weather.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #2244
::danielle::
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose

The thing to remember is that now that BLT is considered a "sold out" DVC resort, Disney only has a very small percentage of the rooms to use for cash reservations.

Discounts are used to fill empty rooms and they typically can fill BLT without having to offer discounts, so discounts for that resort have been few and far between.

Just remember that by the time you determine that the discount may or may not cover BLT, it will be too late to get into BLT sing rented DVC points.
Thanks to both of you!

sheilanne, your situation is exactly what I was worried about. I was hoping they would convert an existing reservation to a promo reservation but it doesn't sound like they will.

Missyrose, thank you for explaining the reason why they don't discount the cash ressies at BLT!

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." ~Walt Disney.

Disneyland 2009 (Candy Cane Inn)

Disney World March 2-11 2012 (POP, WBC, POR split stay)

Disney World Dec 14-21 (BLT)

Disney World Solo Trip May 22-25 (POP)

Anxiously Awaiting:
Disneyland June 17-22 (VGC)

Disney World Sept 18-21 (TBD)
Old 12-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #2245
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilanne View Post
Disney apportions a set number of villas as cash reservations. You can book a rack rate cash reservation and later apply applicable discounts. If they aren't filling rooms, they will move more villas over to cash and even discounted reservations, so the amount does fluctuate.

The amount of reservations that a discount can be applied to is finite. Sometimes, however, they will place more rooms into the discounted pool. For example, in august I used the military 40% off discount to book a BLT one bedroom, but I wasn't able to book the room until about two weeks prior to arrival because it was unavailable up until then with the discount. You never know when someone will cancel or when they will place more rooms into the discounted inventory - so keep trying and don't give up!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #2246
WDWKOOK

Merry Christmas

Old 12-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #2247
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

From WDWINFO:

Quote:
The salon at the Contemporary will be closed effective 12/25/2012. Guests can use the Ship Shape Massage Salon and Fitness at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #2248
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
From WDWINFO:
Thank you for posting about the closure, crazy4wdw.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #2249
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
From WDWINFO:
Is this a permanet closure or jus for the holiday?

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 12-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #2250
jlcd
DIS Veteran

Joining in. Just booked tower bay lake view room for April using the Disney Visa promo. Kids are thrilled as they have always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. I'm a Poly lover and hoping I will enjoy the CR too!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: