Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermommyof3 View Post
Appreciated and enjoyed your review so far. Poly is #1 with our family as well. Had originally booked GF SL for next Summer for a change. Had stayed GF a few years ago and thought we should give CL a try there. My instincts told me to stick with Poly CL so we switiched back. Looking forward to the rest of your report!
Thanks!

It is fun trying something new, but you never know what you are going to get!

Lots of Poly to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I guess construction is going to have a negative impact until it's all said and done there! And maybe it will still be negative after, who knows?

I was just thinking - why did she think you needed a pool changing room? I would have gone to the restrooms too.

I have a theory on why all the deluxes share buses - most of them have at least one form of alternate transportation - monorail, boats, walking, so that they must (mistakenly) believe less people would be on the buses, so they share them. I agree with you - two resorts should be the max. Especially during busy times!

Anxious to hear about your Poly experience!

Oh - what is RPC?
Yeah, who knows. I just don't think the DVC is going to have a positive impact on the GF. But I hope I'm wrong!

I wish I would have thought to say we will just go change in the restrooms right inside the front door!! But at the time I didn't have any idea she was sending us clear out to the pool.

I guess you are right on that theory somewhat. But the truth of the matter is that there is no other way to get to DHS, AK, and DTD from the MK resorts other than by bus. And there are a lot of people staying at those resorts. Way too many to be crammed on the same bus. We stood more than ever before on the buses. Poor DH, I think he stood every time because he would always give up his seat to women with little kids.

RPC is Royal Palm Club I believe. It's the more expensive CL at the GF and is in the main building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapoof View Post
great review! waiting for pics and poly review now

we stayed at the poly and loved it! we too saw rude behavior from guests however. one left his booze bottles on the poly beach!! i couldn't stand it so after he left i cleaned them up. he also left a mess in the cl as well! i feel bad for the cm's who have to deal with this kind of behavior.
Thanks! Pictures and Poly are coming soon.

Some people just have no sense of right and wrong I guess. It is ridiculous to act like that. I feel bad for the CM's that have to deal with it too.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: