Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #76
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by havaneselover View Post
I just got it. It has a $75 annual fee, but they were/are offering $150 credit if you spend $1k in the first 3 months (so that covers 2 years annual fee). You get 6% off at grocery stores up to $6k in spending per year. There is also a 3% discount at gas stations and some department stores. They also have a regular blue card which has no annual fee but it only gives you 3% at grocery stores. I think there may be a bonus with that one right now too.
I did some research on this. This is a great card! We spend TONS of money on groceries and gas, so the preferred card is easily worth the $75 fee. I wonder if the Kroger gas station counts as "stand alone" - probably not. Thanks so much for the info.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #77
havaneselover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
I did some research on this. This is a great card! We spend TONS of money on groceries and gas, so the preferred card is easily worth the $75 fee. I wonder if the Kroger gas station counts as "stand alone" - probably not. Thanks so much for the info.

Jodie
No problem. Here is my work around to the gas station--I have a Kroger gift card that I reload ($400/month or so). So the credit card purchase is made at Kroger when I reload and then the gas comes off the Kroger gift card so I get 6% off it too.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #78
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by havaneselover View Post
No problem. Here is my work around to the gas station--I have a Kroger gift card that I reload ($400/month or so). So the credit card purchase is made at Kroger when I reload and then the gas comes off the Kroger gift card so I get 6% off it too.
For us, we can easily hit the $6,000 grocery cap on groceries alone. To maximize cash back, its better if we use the stand alone gas station. However, it really depends on the price difference between the stand alone station versus Kroger. I'll have to pay more attention going forward. Thanks!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #79
JustUs275
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidre View Post
So I'm hoping I can get this right. You can use Disney Store GC to pay for your cruise? Also, has anyone used those discounted gift card websites to buy the GC?
Yes you can use the Disney GCs to pay for your cruise! I've been buying some every month at Target (get 5% discount with their Red card); since we are booked with a travel agent, I have to email the card #s in to her. She emails me back with confirmation that the GCs were applied and what our balance is. I was glad to read about the $10 Target gift card with $50 purchase...I bought several cards during the promotion and saved $108! My travel agent advised me to bring the cards with me when we board, I'll have a good size stack of them!

I don't know about the discounted gift card websites, will have to look into that!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #80
bicmize
Ready for Key West

I saw where if u booked a cruise using Disney card u got points or gift card or something. Does anyone know how to redeem or get those? Do they just show up on ur statement ?
Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #81
nhgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis@dills View Post
That happened to me originally as well. I do NOT like confrontation/disagreements/arguments/misunderstandings etc... with cashiers when checking out at stores but I was encouraged by another thread and another forum (****************) to try another cashier and/or another store.

I did and it worked out great. In addition a Target employee at the store that wouldn't cooperate said to me that Super Targets have more "flexibility" with their policies. How much validity is in that I have no idea but the Super Target did it with no problems at all.
I did go to a Target Superstore. The problem was the gift card. I wasn't getting a Disney GC which is considered entertainment. I was trying to get a MasterCard GC or Target GC as a gift. That they won't do. I realized there was a difference when I read this thread.
nhgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #82
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicmize View Post
I saw where if u booked a cruise using Disney card u got points or gift card or something. Does anyone know how to redeem or get those? Do they just show up on ur statement ?
If you have a Chase Disney Visa, you earn a point for every dollar you spend, including booking a cruise or buying a ticket to a park (2 points if you have the elite card that you pay an annual fee for). Just like with any point earning credit card, you redeem them for things, and one of the things is a card that is like a gift card, and you can 'spend' the points on the cruise. You have to order the card and then can transfer electronically any points you have accumulated.

If you book with this Disney Visa, you also get a $50 OBC, but this is considered a discount at DCL and you can only have one discount per booking, so if you also have a FL, military, *gt or other special rate, you can't have this one.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #83
Ariel224
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58

If you have a Chase Disney Visa, you earn a point for every dollar you spend, including booking a cruise or buying a ticket to a park (2 points if you have the elite card that you pay an annual fee for). Just like with any point earning credit card, you redeem them for things, and one of the things is a card that is like a gift card, and you can 'spend' the points on the cruise. You have to order the card and then can transfer electronically any points you have accumulated.

If you book with this Disney Visa, you also get a $50 OBC, but this is considered a discount at DCL and you can only have one discount per booking, so if you also have a FL, military, *gt or other special rate, you can't have this one.

Nancy
Actually, you get a reward dollar for every $100 (not dollar) spent. Essentially it's a 1% rebate redeemable for all things Disney.

Disneyland November 2-5, 2009; November 11-21, 2010; November 7-11, 2011
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean November 10-17, 2012
Ariel224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #84
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel224 View Post
Actually, you get a reward dollar for every $100 (not dollar) spent. Essentially it's a 1% rebate redeemable for all things Disney.
Actually, you get a point, which is what I said. It takes 100 points to get a dollar, but if you have 143 points you get $1.43.

Nancy
Old 12-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #85
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post

Nancy
At least this past August, the *GT fares were combinable with the $50 OBC. Also, the on line booking OBC is also combinable with it.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #86
Ariel224
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg58 View Post
Actually, you get a point, which is what I said. It takes 100 points to get a dollar, but if you have 143 points you get $1.43.

Nancy
So we're actually saying the same thing....just a different way of getting to the final result, which is a 1% rebate. When I read your post, it sounded to me like you were saying Chase gives a dollar for dollar match. (Wouldn't that be a fantastic deal?!?) Sorry.

Disneyland November 2-5, 2009; November 11-21, 2010; November 7-11, 2011
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean November 10-17, 2012
Ariel224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #87
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel224 View Post
So we're actually saying the same thing....just a different way of getting to the final result, which is a 1% rebate. When I read your post, it sounded to me like you were saying Chase gives a dollar for dollar match. (Wouldn't that be a fantastic deal?!?) Sorry.
I just want my new redemption card to arrive today! It's my last day for mail before we leave tomorrow, and I'd like to use it on board. If it doesn't arrive, I'll be forced to go to WDW, and wouldn't that be a shame.

Nancy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: