Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #16
Sillyminny40
DIS Veteran

In Jan or Feb we usually started out with warm layers and hats/mini mitts which can be put in the stroller or a locker. If you land at WDW with little to keep you warm, those .99 mitts can be $9 a pair! Egads. It's like umbrellas and ponchos on a rainy day in a theme park.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #17
katiegirl
Earning My Ears

We're also going in early Feb. and flying for the first time!This may seem like a silly question but what do people do with all of their winter gear (heavy coats, boots etc.) Do we just leave them in the car and make the dash to the airport or do we drag them along with us? I was planning on taking our fall jackets with us for the likelyhood of needing them at nightime at least but I hope we won't need our heavy winter coats while we're there!! Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Off Site Feb.1988, Port Orleans French Quarter Feb.1992, All-Star Music Oct.2001, Caribbean Beach Resort Oct.2003, Pop Century May 2007, Fort Wilderness Cabins Dec.2010, Art of Animation- Cars Suite Feb.2013, Fort Wilderness Campsites -rented trailer Oct. 2014

katiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
SplashMom
I have a whole new perspective on life!
We are all Disney fanatics

We have gone the past two Februarys and the weather was perfect both times. I was quite concerned about it being cool but both years we wore shorts and tshirts the entire time, including the evenings. One evening last year my daughter and I wore sweatshirts but my DH and DS just had tshirts on and had no problems. We even went to the beach--St. Pete's and we were swimming! The weather was in the low 80s, which we find wonderful although there were very few others swimming in the ocean lol. We have gone in March several times and it was a bit cooler than our February trips so I guess it really depends on the year. The week before we arrived last year was quite cool but it warmed up for us!
April/May 2007 Pop Century / March 2008 POR / April/May 2009 Caribbean Beach / March 2010 POFQ / August 2010 Pop Century / February 2011 Port Orleans Riverside / February 2012 Port Orleans Riverside / March 2013 AKL Kidani Village and our first cruise on the Disney Dream / May 2013 Aulani...Paradise!/ March 2014 Dream Cruise...Bay Lake Tower/ March 2015 Beach Club and Western Caribbean Cruise!!
SplashMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #19
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

We are going Feb 6 and are planning on jeans & t-shirts. We will have hoodies and raincoats just incase but are a very warm-blooded family so should be ok!!

Our plan is for hubby to drop me & kids at the drop-off point with luggage and then go and park the car (and run to the terminal in his hoodie!!), then we'll do the same in reverse when we get back
Canooknic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #20
Fabooliss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiegirl View Post
We're also going in early Feb. and flying for the first time!This may seem like a silly question but what do people do with all of their winter gear (heavy coats, boots etc.) Do we just leave them in the car and make the dash to the airport or do we drag them along with us? I was planning on taking our fall jackets with us for the likelyhood of needing them at nightime at least but I hope we won't need our heavy winter coats while we're there!! Any ideas would be much appreciated!

We wear our fall coats, warm sweaters and running shoes.
Depending on the weather, we either leave boots and hats in the car, or don't wear them at all... but we do keep (lighter) gloves in our pockets to take with us. You shouldn't need winter coats, but we did need our fall coats both times we've been in early Feb. Best tip, bring blankets and leave them in the car... you can huddle under them when you first get in... also... unless you are parking in a covered garage... make sure you bring a shovel (and good boots) to dig the car out, especially if you are flying out of Buffalo!!! Both times we've missed BIG snowstorms... but it meant we had to dig out before we could get to the car (they plow the lots, but of course, that means you have a snowdrift behind your car!)

Disneyland March 2014
POP Feb 2007, Jan 2011
Wonder Feb 2, 2013
Fabooliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:51 AM   #21
katiegirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabooliss View Post
We wear our fall coats, warm sweaters and running shoes.
Depending on the weather, we either leave boots and hats in the car, or don't wear them at all... but we do keep (lighter) gloves in our pockets to take with us. You shouldn't need winter coats, but we did need our fall coats both times we've been in early Feb. Best tip, bring blankets and leave them in the car... you can huddle under them when you first get in... also... unless you are parking in a covered garage... make sure you bring a shovel (and good boots) to dig the car out, especially if you are flying out of Buffalo!!! Both times we've missed BIG snowstorms... but it meant we had to dig out before we could get to the car (they plow the lots, but of course, that means you have a snowdrift behind your car!)
Thank you very much for the great tips!!! DH has been voluntold that he will be parking and running but I never thought of the shovel! We always have a bunch of blankets already in the minivan for the just in case but I don't know if there is a shovel...DH area of expertise, best I not interfere!!!

Off Site Feb.1988, Port Orleans French Quarter Feb.1992, All-Star Music Oct.2001, Caribbean Beach Resort Oct.2003, Pop Century May 2007, Fort Wilderness Cabins Dec.2010, Art of Animation- Cars Suite Feb.2013, Fort Wilderness Campsites -rented trailer Oct. 2014

katiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: