Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #1681
jmv223
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

You could phone the resort, and ask to be put through to the room assignment team at Riverside directly (the people who first answer your call will be at an off-site call center). I'm sure they'll do their best to help you, and you can let them know about your fax problems at the same time.

Andre
Thanks to a kind soul on here, I was able to get my request in. I checked in at 9am yesterday and had my first choice building. The room was ready at 10:30, and we love the location. The most garden-y of garden views!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #1682
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, RGRs are only located in two of the mansion buildings - and of the two, Oak seems to be most people's preference due to its slightly more central location. For more info on locations and making requests, see the FAQ in the first post or www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php.

Andre
Before RR's, Oak Manor was my absolute handsdown favorite location. I don't think there is a bad room in that entire building.

But I stayed in Parterre Place on a solo trip in 2010 and snagged a riverfront king bed room. It was so close to the river (maybe 30' away) and I loved the fact that I could just walk over the bridge to the marina size of the resort, since I did an all resorts, no parks trip that year.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #1683
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

On Magical Express headed to POR, bus stopping at YC, BC, and BW first. Majority of people going to riverside.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
Old 12-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #1684
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmaw View Post
On Magical Express headed to POR, bus stopping at YC, BC, and BW first. Majority of people going to riverside.
LOL, talk about up-to-the-minute bus information!

Have a great time at POR.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #1685
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

At check in and they won't let me put cash on my room. Will update in a bit.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #1686
mecheermom
Earning My Ears

Here now!!

Checked in last night and spent a great day at Epcot. We are in a Royal room with a corner room! Loving it so far!
2012 POR Royal Room

Old 12-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #1687
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

LOL, talk about up-to-the-minute bus information!

Have a great time at POR.

Andre
We stopped at YC and only one family hot off the bus, everyone else was POR.

The one difference was how many times we were counted. At check in our ME papers were scanned and we were given a slip with number in party on it, we were counted as we boarded the bus, and they counted everyone on the bus again before we departed.

During the ride the ME movie played and then when it went off try played "Donald's Vacation" cartoon for everyone. For us in the past the screen just went back to the ME symbol, this was new.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #1688
Nixie
DIS Veteran

Just got back from our week long stay at Riverside. We abolutely loved it. The time went by so fast and I feel like I didn't get to see all I wanted to see of the resort. We did get our room requests and had a great room location. The grounds were beautiful and very peaceful. We really enjoyed the little boat ride to Downtown Disney. I really miss it already!!

Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #1689
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

We weren't able to get preferred rooms with our bounce back (they were all gone), so I was thinking of requesting building 16. Is it difficult to get a building close to everything without a preferred room? Building 16 would be good because it is also close to the parking lot, and we are driving. My sister has mobililty issues, so being close would be helpful. So what are the chances we would get it? I don't know how many things you can request either? We need connecting rooms (I hope to get them because my kids will be in the other room!) and prefer the first floor.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #1690
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:

Quote:
We stopped at YC and only one family hot off the bus, everyone else was POR.

The one difference was how many times we were counted. At check in our ME papers were scanned and we were given a slip with number in party on it, we were counted as we boarded the bus, and they counted everyone on the bus again before we departed.

During the ride the ME movie played and then when it went off try played "Donald's Vacation" cartoon for everyone. For us in the past the screen just went back to the ME symbol, this was new.

Thanks for the updated stop list! Also you got taken care of on the room? Glad to see you made it there just fine!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #1691
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
We weren't able to get preferred rooms with our bounce back (they were all gone), so I was thinking of requesting building 16. Is it difficult to get a building close to everything without a preferred room? Building 16 would be good because it is also close to the parking lot, and we are driving. My sister has mobililty issues, so being close would be helpful. So what are the chances we would get it? I don't know how many things you can request either? We need connecting rooms (I hope to get them because my kids will be in the other room!) and prefer the first floor.
Unfortuntely, requests are just that - so while you may get everything you request, you might get none of them. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason, it just depends on availabilty and who is assigning the rooms.

If you do online check in, I believe they give a few choices like "first floor" or to request a pack n play, but not a certain building or section, so your best bet is probably to call and have your requests added to your reservation. As for the connecting rooms, if you haven't already, you can link your reservations together and they'll make a note that you'd like to be in connecting rooms.

All I can say is that it's worth a try! Asking for a specific building along with 2 other requests might be a little tough, but it can't hurt to ask!

Old 12-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #1692
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Thanks for the updated stop list! Also you got taken care of on the room? Glad to see you made it there just fine!
Yes, we got exactly the room we want!! We just can't believe how beautiful this resort is and the theming is a fit for us! Thanks for all your help and hope to run into you!

Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #1693
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Unfortuntely, requests are just that - so while you may get everything you request, you might get none of them. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason, it just depends on availabilty and who is assigning the rooms.

If you do online check in, I believe they give a few choices like "first floor" or to request a pack n play, but not a certain building or section, so your best bet is probably to call and have your requests added to your reservation. As for the connecting rooms, if you haven't already, you can link your reservations together and they'll make a note that you'd like to be in connecting rooms.

All I can say is that it's worth a try! Asking for a specific building along with 2 other requests might be a little tough, but it can't hurt to ask!
Unless you know a certain inside magic connection.

Quote:
Yes, we got exactly the room we want!! We just can't believe how beautiful this resort is and the theming is a fit for us! Thanks for all your help and hope to run into you!

Yeah you just might, Ill be around tomorrow afternoon. Glad to hear it worked out just perfect for your requests!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #1694
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Unless you know a certain inside magic connection.

Oh! I didn't realize there were such "connections"! But that's good to know...we'll be there in January!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #1695
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

How long does it usually take to get pizza from the Sassagoula Pizza Express delivered? We think we will have a couple of extra TS credits and were thinking of using them the night we check in. But our flight doesn't land until 7 pm. Would it be crazy to call immediately after we check in?

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: