Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #16
texasteacher35
DIS Veteran

They should expand DHS to have a Star Wars Land. With the whole Star Wars Weekends....it would be totally appropriate!! Love that, just not at MK!

DL GCV 4/2013...WLV 6/2013...SSR 7/2013
JANUARY 2012- BCV, DECEMBER 2012- SSR, AUGUST 2012- BWV, JUNE 2012-Our 1st Star Wars Weekend- BLT, 3/2012- BLT, 1/2012- BCV, 11/2011- WBC, MAY 2011/ CBR Pirate Room, 11/2010- CR Tower, 7/2010- YACHT CLUB, 11/2009- CBR Pirate Room, 10/2001- GF
texasteacher35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #17
csharpwv
DIS Veteran

I'm going to add to the list of things that have ever either never lived up to their potential, OR things that have strayed from their origin....

Of course Stitch at MK - it was a cute concept, but considering that it is a bad attraction that holds you captive, with a storyline that's barely relevant - and execution that doesn't even live up to The Enchanted Tiki Room (which a lot of people bypass because it's.....ehhh not so exciting).

Now let's move on to the worst offender at Walt Disney World...

Futureworld at Epcot - it has a few bright spots, but overall - it needs MAJOR renovations.

Ellen's Energy Adventure.... need I say more?

But along with the direction of the post - Star Wars belongs at DHS. There is so much possibility that exists to create some of the best next generation rides that will leave Universal in the dust. The team in Orlando just needs to look at the success the team in Anaheim had with the addition of Carsland - and how it increase attendance and revenue FAR beyond their expectations! I bet WDW wouldn't need to have a new discount or promotion if they did what they know they need to do - and that's make FAR more changes than a New Fantasyland!

EPCOT needs MAJOR changes, DHS needs new attractions, and to ditch some dated attractions - and it is going to be SO long before Avatarland takes shape - it really is going to be a tough proposition to convince the leadership at WDW that they need to major commitment to updating, upgrading, and renovating everything that is making WDW look long in the tooth.

The biggest things that have been built at WDW in recent years - DVC resorts.... and we all know, that construction won't stop any time soon!
-Bay Lake Tower
-Saratoga Springs
-Hilton Head Island
csharpwv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #18
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Uh....no "a Cast Member told me" has EVER come true.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #19
fannatic
Mouseketeer

Star Wars theme park

There really isn't much room left for expansion at DHS. I could see them putting in a few new attractions at Tomorrowland, but it wouldn't really do the franchise justice. So, this is what I've been reading on various entertainment sites. One said that at the time of the Star Wars announcement, Disney was already planning a Star Wars theme park for WDW. This would be the 5th park. They said they were told by "people in the know" about it. It should always be considered rumor until officially announced. But, I've heard they want a 5th gate by the 50th anniversary of Disney World in 2021. This would be about the same time that the third film in the new trilogy is coming out. So, if true, do you think Disney is reviving the Death Star to point at Universal, lol?
fannatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #20
lynypixie
Mouseketeer

I know we have a full thread about this, but I'd love to see Dr.Who is tomorowland.

I'd fit so well!

DH (31), me(30), DS6, DD4 and DD2

2004 bachelorette party (offsite), 2005 with DH (offsite), 2006 quick visit to DLP. 2013 AOA LK suite with all the kids!
lynypixie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: