Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #1
dzfitch
Miss Molly

Is my cruise empty?

We are sailing on the Feb 2 (2013) Wonder cruise from Miami, and we are STOKED! This will be our (me and DH) third cruise and our travel partners first!! We are so excited and have been telling our friends how great DCL is and they are especially excited about the FE exchange. The only problem is that our DIS group is unusually empty? The group was more active before the FL discounts came out, but now it seems that most people have moved to another cruise. Disney did just offer KSF so I am hoping that the group gets bigger, but...... what if nobody does?! We hyped this up to our friends for the last year and now I am afraid that our group will be a bust? Any ideas on how to get the few people in the group more motivated? I have offered to be in charge of the FE list and also to start a facebook page so more people might check in more often.... Has anyone had this happen to them before? Has anyone ever been on a Disney cruise where no DIS group was present or where no FE exchange was planned? Im trying to stay positive and pumped but I am getting nervous, I dont want to let our friends down...

Saratoga Springs - 2013
All Star Music - 2013
Wonder * 5 nt Miami Sailing - 2013
Old Key West - 2012
Dream *3 nt Sandy Sailing* - 2012
Port Orleans French Quarter - 2012
Port Orleans Riverside - 2012
Wonder *7 nt Mexican Riviera* - 2011
Pop Century - 2010
Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - 2009
All-Star Sports - 2009
dzfitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzfitch
We are sailing on the Feb 2 (2013) Wonder cruise from Miami, and we are STOKED! This will be our (me and DH) third cruise and our travel partners first!! We are so excited and have been telling our friends how great DCL is and they are especially excited about the FE exchange. The only problem is that our DIS group is unusually empty? The group was more active before the FL discounts came out, but now it seems that most people have moved to another cruise. Disney did just offer KSF so I am hoping that the group gets bigger, but...... what if nobody does?! We hyped this up to our friends for the last year and now I am afraid that our group will be a bust? Any ideas on how to get the few people in the group more motivated? I have offered to be in charge of the FE list and also to start a facebook page so more people might check in more often.... Has anyone had this happen to them before? Has anyone ever been on a Disney cruise where no DIS group was present or where no FE exchange was planned? Im trying to stay positive and pumped but I am getting nervous, I dont want to let our friends down...
You will still have a fantastic cruise without the dis group or FE. You will have a blast I'm sure. I've been on 2 Disney cruises and although I was involved in a dis group the majority of the passengers were not. They still had fun! I really wouldn't worry. You are going during an off season time so even if you have a group it might not be large. Are you past your paid in full date? If not, I bet discounted rates will be offered after that. Those will draw a lot of newcomers to your cruise and possibly to your dis group. Either way enjoy!

Last edited by luv2sleep; 12-20-2012 at 02:53 AM.
luv2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
jodical
Mouseketeer

Our DIS FE group started to gel after the PIF date and then it exploded in the last 6 weeks! Don't give up hope!

Disney Fantasy Nov. 2012

Trying to decide what our next Disney trip will be...
jodical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
lodge
DIS Veteran

I'd suggest not "closing" the group until just before the cruise. We've been part of a few FE exchanges, and each and every time more people want to join (and it could be more than a month out) and rejected due to those who want to personalize items. Personally, I don't like personalized items, and even those who do want to make them could just add some quick items.

Sometimes they want to put their labels on the items, just all kinds of things people cite as to why they cut off the FE to newcomers. I can see organizing to pack or if the group gets too large, but several times that wasn't the case, leaving three or four families to just exchange among each other (or those who decide to give to them anyway).
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #5
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

I am on one of the 4 night cruises that was the result of them breaking up an 8 night Galveston cruise. As far as I know there are no other DISer's, not a single one, on the April 12, 2013 Magic cruise.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

We never participate in the DIS groups on our cruises and always have a fantastic time.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #7
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran

I'm on the feb 7th and 11th cruises and we are having the same issue. Our boards are at 2 and 5 pages..most posts are by me. We sailed in April 2012 and it was PACKED! Our group was over 50 pages. Still plenty of open rooms on both. Hoping it gets better

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: