Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #76
tgch123
Mouseketeer
 
tgch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 87

can someone tell me what a steamer trunk is??
__________________
Courtney
DD7 DS4
WDW ASM June 2009
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #77
jenerra11
Mouseketeer
 
jenerra11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgch123 View Post
Jernerra11 and Calebmomma:

how old are your children and are they girls or boys??

I'm getting some FE gifts together, THANKS!
I'm not participating in the fish extender this time. Thanks for thinking of us.
jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #78
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,272

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgch123 View Post
can someone tell me what a steamer trunk is??
It looks like a trunk, but it is a storage area in addition to the closet and when you open the door (lid if it was laying longways) there are shelves to put your things on. Best way I know to describe it, sorry if it does not make a lot of sense. I think they are only on the smaller ships, did not have one in our room on the Fantasy.

I will see if I have a picture of one.
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #79
Candicno
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 73

Just booked and a question.

We just booked this cruise with out 3 year old son. Will be our first cruise with Disney and DS' first cruise ever.

Where can I find information on dining/navigators? Specifically, which night is the formal/more dressy night and which night is the pirate night? We've got some planning to do since we're stuck with second dining right now.
Candicno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #80
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candicno View Post
We just booked this cruise with out 3 year old son. Will be our first cruise with Disney and DS' first cruise ever.

Where can I find information on dining/navigators? Specifically, which night is the formal/more dressy night and which night is the pirate night? We've got some planning to do since we're stuck with second dining right now.

Sometimes on All Ears you can find navigators, but since this is a new itenerary, not sure any will be there. For dining you can go to Disney Cruise Lines website and look under the ship and find out about all the areas of each ship such as dining, lounges, shows. . . . and so on.
I know that Sunday night which is Cozumel is pirate night, not sure if it is the first or second sea day which is the dressy night. We love second dining, but we don't have a little one.
Do you know if you want to join our FE group? If so, we will need your names and stateroom #. You can PM me that info if you wish.
Have a great week and ask any other questions of the group you can think of.
This is our 4th Disney cruise, but the first one on the Magic.
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #81
ekatiel
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,728

It's coming up, guys!!! Anyone else surprising their kids on Christmas? I'm hoping to pack some personalized t-shirts in a box and let them open them . My boys are both home sick with strep right now, though, so I can't do any secret planning at this moment! --Katie
__________________
ekatiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #82
tgch123
Mouseketeer
 
tgch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 87

I just told mine last week... I couldn't hold it in any longer... I was soooo excited and now they are excited with me
__________________
Courtney
DD7 DS4
WDW ASM June 2009
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #83
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 951

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post

Sometimes on All Ears you can find navigators, but since this is a new itenerary, not sure any will be there. For dining you can go to Disney Cruise Lines website and look under the ship and find out about all the areas of each ship such as dining, lounges, shows. . . . and so on.
I know that Sunday night which is Cozumel is pirate night, not sure if it is the first or second sea day which is the dressy night. We love second dining, but we don't have a little one.
Do you know if you want to join our FE group? If so, we will need your names and stateroom #. You can PM me that info if you wish.
Have a great week and ask any other questions of the group you can think of.
This is our 4th Disney cruise, but the first one on the Magic.
Well, apparently I have two different Dis logins. I didn't remember the other one...this is my primary so I'll be using it from here on out. I think we'll do the FE. It looks like it isn't a huge group so it shouldn't be too overwhelming for a first timer. I'll send you a PM with our info.

I'm sort of concerned about what to do with DS. He just turned 3, is potty trained, is HUGE for his age, and is outgoing/mature. He's probably close to 43" now...he rode ToT and BTMRR as a 2 year old in September no problem. I've signed him up for the kids clubs but I'm concerned with him being probably the youngest kid in there. Because he's so big, older kids think he should act differently and just don't understand his very normal 3 year old behavior.

I'd like to book a spa treatment or maybe Palo brunch, but what if taking him to the kids club doesn't work out so well? Will they let us take him to the nursery then? What if there is no availability when our spa session is booked? I was thinking a brunch on one sea day and spa session the other. I sure wish we had some navigators to go off so I could try and tailor those times to something I know he'd enjoy.

Hello, I'm Aggie and I'm an OCD, Disney commando planner...

__________________
'84, '92-Beach Club, '97-DTD Hotel, 2005-POP, 2008-AKL/Poly, 2009-CR MK view, 2010-AKV-Kidani 2 BR, March 2012-ASMo, 2012-Bonnet Creek 4 BR Presidential, 2013-Disney Magic 4n Western, Disney Wonder 7n Bahamian, Sept 2014-11 nights, POP here we come!
Aggiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #84
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiegrl View Post
Well, apparently I have two different Dis logins. I didn't remember the other one...this is my primary so I'll be using it from here on out. I think we'll do the FE. It looks like it isn't a huge group so it shouldn't be too overwhelming for a first timer. I'll send you a PM with our info.

I'm sort of concerned about what to do with DS. He just turned 3, is potty trained, is HUGE for his age, and is outgoing/mature. He's probably close to 43" now...he rode ToT and BTMRR as a 2 year old in September no problem. I've signed him up for the kids clubs but I'm concerned with him being probably the youngest kid in there. Because he's so big, older kids think he should act differently and just don't understand his very normal 3 year old behavior.

I'd like to book a spa treatment or maybe Palo brunch, but what if taking him to the kids club doesn't work out so well? Will they let us take him to the nursery then? What if there is no availability when our spa session is booked? I was thinking a brunch on one sea day and spa session the other. I sure wish we had some navigators to go off so I could try and tailor those times to something I know he'd enjoy.

Hello, I'm Aggie and I'm an OCD, Disney commando planner...

I wish I could help you on that, but my DD was already an adult by the time we started cruising. A lot of the ones I have seen talk on the boards seem to indicate the younger children really enjoy the children's area. It is sometimes the older ones that have problems. Hopefully yours will fall into that area.

I know about the commando planner (at least in the parks). On the cruises, I kinda go with the flow. I now have a general idea of things that go on and I look for those first, and then I add as much as I can once I see the navigators. I know there are navigators from other cruises out there to look at, I just don't know which ones to direct you to that might have something similiar to ours.

We will have 4 of our adult children with us and 3 of the have never been on a cruise, so they will want to do a little of everything I am sure, but my DH loves to sit on the verandah and watch the ocean go by.

We have done the Palo brunch before and are not in a rush to repeat it. It was back in Jan of 2011 and the sea was really rough that day and my DH did not enjoy it at all.

I hope you and the rest of the group have a good rest of the week and don't have a lot of stress with last minute shopping.
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #85
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,272

Quote:
Originally Posted by moecrespo View Post
Not sure what I am doing. But we are taking our four kids along with 4 other couples and kids. One of which is Mboeker. What do I do with the FE and getting with y'all's group of things to do?

Moe
Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
You are doing fine. Since you have posted you are now a member of this thread and if you want to join our FE group all you have to do is tell me the parties in your stateroom and the stateroom #.
Mboeker has already expressed her interest in joining.
If the others in your group have not posted or are not able to post and want to join their information can be listed under your id. Like I have my ds and his wife under us on the rollcall. They are not members of the DIS so do not have a screenname.

Now we give you and mboeker a big and we look forward to getting to see you in 50 days!!!
Moe,
Since we are getting close to the cutoff date, I wanted to double check if you wanted to join the FE. I just have you on our roll call, so if you will give me the rest of y'alls names (ages of kids) and stateroom, I can update the roll call. I think one other of your friends joined the DIS and posted. If the 4th one wants to be included just let me know and we will get them on there also.
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #86
deltapilotwife
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 145

Aggie,

DD is 2.5 and we're not sure how she's going to react. she's in daycare but sometimes she's not great with new surroundings. we have the nursery scheduled b/c potty training is not going well.

my only suggestion is if you and DH are going to do the spa, maybe schedule them back to back rather than the same time in case one of you needs to do pick up.

we're not scheduling anything, just using the nursery for and hour in the morning so we can go to the gym and during dinner b/c she doesn't sit for very long.
__________________
Kelly




deltapilotwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #87
tgch123
Mouseketeer
 
tgch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 87

ok, more questions..

when you go to the port and get through the check in process and get onto the boat.. can you go and do anything right away. Is everything open and ready. Say we wanted to go straight to one of the restaurants and eat or go straight to the room and order room service. Will you even be able to get into your room right away? I think I read somewhere it could take until 2 for your room to be ready??

And what time does the boat actually push off and leave Galveston?

Sorry for all the questions... I'm a crusin' newbie
__________________
Courtney
DD7 DS4
WDW ASM June 2009
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #88
tgch123
Mouseketeer
 
tgch123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapilotwife View Post
Aggie,

DD is 2.5 and we're not sure how she's going to react. she's in daycare but sometimes she's not great with new surroundings. we have the nursery scheduled b/c potty training is not going well.

my only suggestion is if you and DH are going to do the spa, maybe schedule them back to back rather than the same time in case one of you needs to do pick up.

we're not scheduling anything, just using the nursery for and hour in the morning so we can go to the gym and during dinner b/c she doesn't sit for very long.
My DS is 2.5 too, he'll be 3 in march, he isn't getting the pooping in the potty part down too good but he pee's like a champ. I don't think he will do well in the nursery especially if our DD 6 is in the Kids club with out him. He goes to daycare too but has issues when the normal teachers aren't there so I don't think he would be ok with the nursery
__________________
Courtney
DD7 DS4
WDW ASM June 2009
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #89
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 61

Fish Extender

OMG - got home to a package waiting on my front porch - our Fish Extender arrived today. I am not to handy with sewing so I ordered one online - it is so cute - I absolutely can't wait to hang it outside our cabin door.

I was wondering about last names - one of the gifts that I am was hoping to make for everyone needs a last name. Just wondering how everyone feels about giving their last names - should I try to come up with something different?
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #90
twokats
DIS Veteran
 
twokats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Macs Mom View Post
OMG - got home to a package waiting on my front porch - our Fish Extender arrived today. I am not to handy with sewing so I ordered one online - it is so cute - I absolutely can't wait to hang it outside our cabin door.

I was wondering about last names - one of the gifts that I am was hoping to make for everyone needs a last name. Just wondering how everyone feels about giving their last names - should I try to come up with something different?
I don't have a problem giving you ours, it is Self. That covers us and our son's name.
__________________
Kathy

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.