Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #2146
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thanks for posting that. I saw on the DVC board that someone called member services and was told that they could use SAB and that a golf cart would transport them (or of course you can still take the boat or walk).
I was staying at BWV the last time they were refurbishing Luna Park pool, and they did have golf carts transporting people back and forth to SAB. However, I was there in January and it was so cold most of the time the golf carts were empty! I was at BCV later the same year, when they were refurbishing SAB, and they were taking people by golf cart to Luna Park pool.

Yes there are two quiet pools, one on the Inn side, and one on the villa side.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #2147
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I see in your Sig you're concentrating on the Flower & Garden festival, you'll REALLY love how close the BW is to Epcot. For the F&G or F&W, you can't beat the Epcot resorts. Enjoy!! (Ps -- on the topic of ADRs, you may want to check out Flying Fish!)
The F & G festival is what really was the draw for the Epcot resort. We were debating between BWI and Wilderness Lodge. But since Wilderness Lodge did not have any deluxe rooms open we were going to be in two different rooms and it was about 2700 more than BWI Deluxe room. So that helped too. Although DH really wanted to stay at WL, maybe when it is just the two of us. But now that we changed to BWI he is so excited that we could walk to Epcot every night for dinner and try all the different QS places in the WS.

IF we take the boat to HS what is the order of being picked up? I know being dropped off we should get off at the Swan and just walk back because it will take a long time to get back to the BW. If we miss the boat is there a resort that we would be best walking to to grab the next one? Thanks so much!!

FW March 2010 ~ ASMu May 2011 ~ BWI Deluxe CL May 2013 ~ ASMu March 2014 ~ AKL Villas October 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #2148
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post
IF we take the boat to HS what is the order of being picked up? I know being dropped off we should get off at the Swan and just walk back because it will take a long time to get back to the BW. If we miss the boat is there a resort that we would be best walking to to grab the next one? Thanks so much!!
The boat to HS goes from BC/YC to BWI to Swan/Dolphin to HS.

The boat from HS goes to Swan/Dolphin to BWI to BC/YC.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 12-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #2149
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

Does that mean that if you get on a boat that is dropping people off that you would be going to BC/YC back to BWI and then to the Swan/Dolphin? How do you know if it is going directly to HS (besides the stop at the Swan area.)?

FW March 2010 ~ ASMu May 2011 ~ BWI Deluxe CL May 2013 ~ ASMu March 2014 ~ AKL Villas October 2014
Old 12-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #2150
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann

Does that mean that if you get on a boat that is dropping people off that you would be going to BC/YC back to BWI and then to the Swan/Dolphin? How do you know if it is going directly to HS (besides the stop at the Swan area.)?
The boats do a complete loop from DHS to EPCOT. There is no direct boats from BWV/BWI to DHS.

Hint: When returning from DHS, you can save time and get off at the Swan/Dolphin and walk back to BWI much quicker.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #2151
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post

I think the routes are actually:

From Disney's Hollywood Studios: 1) Swan/Dolphin, 2) Yacht & Beach Club, 3) Boardwalk, 4) Epcot.

From Epcot: 1)BW, 2) YB, 3) SD, 4) DHS.

That is my recollection. Maybe we need a tie splitter to weigh in.

On the question of how you know which boat to board, there is a sign above the entrance to the dock. It indicates which side will have the boat to your destination. And, you can always ask the CM boarding you. They will usually ask where you're headed so they don't have disappointed passengers.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #2152
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
The boats do a complete loop from DHS to EPCOT. There is no direct boats from BWV/BWI to DHS.
Hint: When returning from DHS, you can save time and get off at the Swan/Dolphin and walk back to BWI much quicker.
I'd argue that the boat is direct, just not non-stop.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #2153
gometros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

I'd argue that the boat is direct, just not non-stop.
Lol. Can't argue with that correction.

Yes I can. If you take a direct flight somewhere, are you making any stops before your final destination? :-P
Old 12-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #2154
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post

From Disney's Hollywood Studios: 1) Swan/Dolphin, 2) Yacht & Beach Club, 3) Boardwalk, 4) Epcot.

On the question of how you know which boat to board, there is a sign above the entrance to the dock. It indicates which side will have the boat to your destination. And, you can always ask the CM boarding you. They will usually ask where you're headed so they don't have disappointed passengers.
This is correct, the BWI is either the first or last stop, depending on which way you are going.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #2155
gummybear091
Earning My Ears

Anyone know how comfortable the pullout beds are in the villas?
Old 12-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #2156
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
Lol. Can't argue with that correction.

Yes I can. If you take a direct flight somewhere, are you making any stops before your final destination? :-P
A direct flight is not necessarily a non-stop flight. I just means you stay on the flight (maybe even change planes) until you get to your destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear091 View Post
They really are pretty good. These are a different kind where the back flips forward and then is unfolded to make the bed. There is a little storage spot in the bed where they usually stick the pillows and blanket. I like this type better than the platform type that they have at OKW, SSR and BLT.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #2157
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
This is correct, the BWI is either the first or last stop, depending on which way you are going.
Thanks a ton guys!! I think I understand it much better now.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #2158
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear091 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

They really are pretty good. These are a different kind where the back flips forward and then is unfolded to make the bed. There is a little storage spot in the bed where they usually stick the pillows and blanket. I like this type better than the platform type that they have at OKW, SSR and BLT.
I agree with Deb & Bill. The BWV pullout bed is very comfortable. I was really surprised. DD and I traded off during our two stays in a studio and we didn't feel either was getting the short straw by having the pullout.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #2159
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post

Just another confirmation this is correct.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #2160
gometros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

A direct flight is not necessarily a non-stop flight. I just means you stay on the flight (maybe even change planes) until you get to your destination.
There is no change of planes on a direct flight, but then this is the Boardwalk forum not the Transportation forum, so shall we get back on subject?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: