DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #11
Dean
DIS Veteran

If you haven't stayed at a DVC resort, I'd rent points for a trip at one of your preferred resorts for a stay representative of what you're looking at. It seems your trying to think and plan about issues that end up being more personal preference and emotion. I think 5 in a 1 BR long term is unrealistic but you can try it and see how it works, you can always add on later. I would not try to buy multiple contracts in your situation even though it makes sense in some ways if you're trying to hit those resorts and reserve your stays at 11 months out. The added costs (maybe $20 a point) wouldn't be worth it and you'd be taking extra risks and aggravations trying to bank and borrow for each trip.

If I were going to buy now in your situation, I'd likely look at 150 (up to 200 for the right contract) points at SSR or OKW with AKV and BWV as a backup. It is not realistic to look at AKV value rooms or BWV standard view without owning there and booking at 11 months out. I'd rather you underbuy than overbuy in the state circumstance. This also assumes it's a reasonable financial move for you.

1 BR units are the lowest value when considering DVC. In some ways many of the moderates accommodate 5 better than does DVC 1 BR units.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: