Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #46
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Loved the Christmas decorations update! DW and I did something similar 2 years ago. We went to all of the DVC resorts and the monorail resorts to look at their Christmas decorations. It amazes me how much they do and so quickly. We found a couple of places lacking for decorations but for the most part, it was fantastic! Looking forward to your next update.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #47
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I was sick all week too! MVMCP on 12/2 was pretty tough. I wish we could have done it later in the week when I finally figured out a good routine to take meds...

I told DH he owes me another vacation for getting me and the girls sick, except with DVC that's kinda guaranteed anyway... Hmmm maybe if I price out an additional cash vacation we can do a small add on haha!
How did I not know we were at the same MVMCP and didn't get to meet?

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Loved the Christmas decorations update! DW and I did something similar 2 years ago. We went to all of the DVC resorts and the monorail resorts to look at their Christmas decorations. It amazes me how much they do and so quickly. We found a couple of places lacking for decorations but for the most part, it was fantastic! Looking forward to your next update.
I loved the decorations all over Disney, helped get me even more in the Christmas spirit!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #48
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

How did I not know we were at the same MVMCP and didn't get to meet?

Sounds like a good plan to me!

I loved the decorations all over Disney, helped get me even more in the Christmas spirit!

I actually when I felt up to it that night looked for your pink backpack I was pretty miserable though. I had a lot going on this trip so I know I didn't make it a point to try and meet people. I had my mom, MIL, SIL & BIL. Some of my family doesn't trust the whole Internet thing (everyone you meet is a serial killer!) and also some are very private. I look forward on future trips to meeting people, DH understands that I enjoying talking with other people on this forum and wouldn't be put off by it either... But honestly we went on 4 or 5 rides, watched the fireworks and left. Not a good night for me.... I wanted to try and get pictures with characters, see parades etc....what do you do though? I was still in WDW and that was awesome!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:41 AM   #50
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

Those pictures of the resorts are amazing. I stayed at Wilderness Lodge and I don't even recognize it with those pictures of yours. Wow they are break taking. How awesome is that. I am still waiting to see your trip pics with you and your dead aim sniper look from Buzz ride at Mk. I know they are out there
Old 12-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #51
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
I actually when I felt up to it that night looked for your pink backpack I was pretty miserable though. I had a lot going on this trip so I know I didn't make it a point to try and meet people. I had my mom, MIL, SIL & BIL. Some of my family doesn't trust the whole Internet thing (everyone you meet is a serial killer!) and also some are very private. I look forward on future trips to meeting people, DH understands that I enjoying talking with other people on this forum and wouldn't be put off by it either... But honestly we went on 4 or 5 rides, watched the fireworks and left. Not a good night for me.... I wanted to try and get pictures with characters, see parades etc....what do you do though? I was still in WDW and that was awesome!
I understand not trying to meet up when you feel miserable and the people you were with being uncomfortable with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Joining in !! Loving your TR so far !! Also, I love your t-shirt !!
Thanks! I got it from the Disney Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Those pictures of the resorts are amazing. I stayed at Wilderness Lodge and I don't even recognize it with those pictures of yours. Wow they are break taking. How awesome is that. I am still waiting to see your trip pics with you and your dead aim sniper look from Buzz ride at Mk. I know they are out there
WL is really nice, it's cool that you have stayed there before! Don't worry, there are plenty of sniper Buzz Lightyear pictures coming up!

Old 12-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #52
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you were sick. A friend of DH was trying to convince us to try out his Airborne. We didn't take them, but now I'm thinking maybe we should have.

The deluxe resorts' decorations are so pretty!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #53
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm sorry you were sick. A friend of DH was trying to convince us to try out his Airborne. We didn't take them, but now I'm thinking maybe we should have.

The deluxe resorts' decorations are so pretty!
Definitely try Airborne, it's very effective! It won't really help if you are very sick, but will help keep you from getting sick, and can keep a cold you already have from getting worse by increasing your immune system.

They were gorgeous decorations! They should all still be up when you are there, so you could potentially see them too!

Old 12-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #54
captaindavidhook
Stay away from there

WL is really nice, it's cool that you have stayed there before! Don't worry, there are plenty of sniper Buzz Lightyear pictures coming up! [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I stayed there twice. It is really nice. A bit pricey lol but nice. I will keep a sharp eye out for those sniper photos your lady
Old 12-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #55
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Halloooo!

I missed your PTR but I'm on board for the TR! We got up wicked early, arrived on the same day and stayed at the same resort as you We were in room 1117 in the 50s area, right off the red carpet of the entrance. Looked like you had a great view from your room

Sorry that you had a sinus infection during your trip. Half of our fam was sick the whole trip with head colds and my DD1 completely lost her voice the first day there

I am LOVING all of the great pics you are taking. I swear I want to take a trip by myself some time so I can just randomly walk around and take pictures of whatever catches my eye. Thank you for the resort tour & all of their Christmas decorations. We only saw the Contemporary's and GF's.

Looking forward to more pics and hearing more about your adventures!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 12-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #56
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindavidhook View Post
Yeah, I stayed there twice. It is really nice. A bit pricey lol but nice. I will keep a sharp eye out for those sniper photos your lady
They'll be some of those pictures when I do the next update, sometime later today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Halloooo!

I missed your PTR but I'm on board for the TR! We got up wicked early, arrived on the same day and stayed at the same resort as you We were in room 1117 in the 50s area, right off the red carpet of the entrance. Looked like you had a great view from your room

Sorry that you had a sinus infection during your trip. Half of our fam was sick the whole trip with head colds and my DD1 completely lost her voice the first day there

I am LOVING all of the great pics you are taking. I swear I want to take a trip by myself some time so I can just randomly walk around and take pictures of whatever catches my eye. Thank you for the resort tour & all of their Christmas decorations. We only saw the Contemporary's and GF's.

Looking forward to more pics and hearing more about your adventures!
So glad you are joining in! That is so funny that we were both at POP at the same time. Sorry your family was sick too. I know a lot of people that were sick around that time, must have been something in the air all over the country!

And thank you very much! I take pictures of EVERYTHING! And it is a good thing about doing a solo trip, you can do whatever you want, like take tons of pictures.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #57
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Hi, I'm in. Our trips overlapped by a few days, interested to see if we were ever in the same parks!

Congratulations on the room assignment at Pop. I love staying there, and that is a great location.

I love seeing the MK resorts with their Christmas decorations. I'm glad you got a chance to visit some of them for the first time and see it all.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #58
disneylvr4vr
Counting down the days until DISNEY!!!

Joining in!

I love your TR so far!

I can't wait until we are!!!
WDW-FEB 2008 POR*SEP 2009 POR*FEB 2013 POR*DL-SEP 2011(offsite)

Old 12-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #59
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Hi, I'm in. Our trips overlapped by a few days, interested to see if we were ever in the same parks!

Congratulations on the room assignment at Pop. I love staying there, and that is a great location.

I love seeing the MK resorts with their Christmas decorations. I'm glad you got a chance to visit some of them for the first time and see it all.
Funny that our trips overlapped. Definitely let me know if any of our days were the same.

I was very happy with the room location at POP. It started the trip off with right away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylvr4vr View Post
Joining in!

I love your TR so far!
and thanks! I'll be doing another update later!

Old 12-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #60
disneylvr4vr
Counting down the days until DISNEY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength

and thanks! I'll be doing another update later!
Great!

I can't wait until we are!!!
WDW-FEB 2008 POR*SEP 2009 POR*FEB 2013 POR*DL-SEP 2011(offsite)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: