Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 06:48 AM   #136
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Have fun!
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Sorry I have no ideas for your boat situation, but I hope y'all have a fantastic time!!! How are you going to juggle all these reports, girl?!
Thank you!! Hahaha I meant to get this one done before our Decemebr trip but obviously that didn't happen!

We decided to do the Grand 1. A bit more impressive than a pontoon boat, so we figured what the heck!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #137
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Whew!! just before Christmas and I am going to work on at least 1 day's update today. Only three days of work left (including today!) until 2013 YAY! Work has been so busy, but my main reason for not being on the DIS is that I was working on these:

I finished up Aria's stocking before our annual holiday party on December 1st, bringing it in to work to get it done ASAP, then Andrew was duly impressed and pleaded with me to make him one. I told him I would for next year, but secretly wanted to get it done this year, so during downtime at work the last couple of weeks, I have been making his pirate santa stocking. Finished it up late last night. Literally every one of Aria's nap times when I am home, all my lunch breaks at work, and from the moment I put Aria to bed to the time I can't stay up any longer I have been non stop working on his stocking since the beginning of December! Whew, so glad to be DONE!

Well, except for our long weekend at WDW! We had a good time, though it was just TOO SHORT. I tried to fit way too much into that trip, with all the holiday stuff along with new restaurants and lots of character meets. Which, by the way, apparently a baby can change SO MUCH in just 2 short months. She did not like the characters for the most part. And our Santa photo???? Looking back on it funny, but I swear I scarred her for life.

Anyway, that's another trip report for another time! Going to go work on...lets see where did I leave off?? AH, our one day at DHS!

Next up...breakfast with Princesses, EPCOT, Les Chefs, Poly Photoshoot, and Coral Reef! What a day that was!!
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 09:25 AM   #138
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Day 7 – October 10th! EPCOT!
Today we had 8AM ADR’s at Akershus – a “new to us” restaurant that I couldn’t wait to try, mainly for the pic with Belle in her yellow dress! Haha. I also love that they give you the photo on your photopass, included with the meal. I doubt that will last long with Photopass + but we enjoyed it. Or we would have, if the photo would have turned out better…LOL…

Anyway We started out by talking some photos on the long walk through an empty FW, passing people heading to guest relations for a segway tour and reminiscing about doing that!

We prepped for the photo with some pink shoes for Aria. I was a little unhappy with her tutu dress, I thought it was a lot cuter in the online photo than online. Don’t worry, I rectified that for our December trip with a super cute Belle dress that should fit her through at least our March trip. Hahaha

There was a short line to check in and then we waited maybe 3 minutes before we were called in. Don’t know if I have mentioned this before, but our restaurant wait times were pretty awesome the entire trip. It helped that we generally arrived right at (or slightly after, oops) our ADR time vs like 15-20 minutes beforehand like we used to.

We were called in and chose to just get a photo of Aria with Belle, but we probably should have taken a family photo instead…I wish they had given us the chance to take a few more without her so upset! This Belle wasn’t that great, either. Boo!

We were seated in a small room out back, which was fine for us, I’m not picky about seating locations. I ran up to get myself some food and enjoyed a couple bites. The food was okay, that lingonberry muffin in the middle was really delicious from what I remember, but that brown cheese was disgusting.

Before Andrew had a chance to get himself something, Princess Aurora made an appearance. Aria wasn’t so sure about her!

Then Andrew ran up for a plate of food –

And Cinderella made an appearance. She was so fantastic with Aria! We had taken her shoes off, and she was all concerned that Aria had lost her slippers just like she had. It was really sweet! (BTW, we have CRT ADR’s for march and she has a Cinderella dress to wear, of course!)

After she left Aria was having a bit more fun at breakfast and was enjoying watching her move around the room

Princess Ariel and Snow White came around, they were both fine but nothing too memorable with them (this will be a lot more fun when Aria is older and knows the princesses!).

Then while waiting for the check we took some more photos (surprise surprise hehe)

After breakfast we took some pictures outside in an empty Norway. I love being able to be in the WS without anyone else. The segway tour was like that too.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #139
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Back in Future World, we wanted to get a couple rides in with Aria before her first nap, so headed over to Living with the Land (and picked up some FP’s for Soarin).

Then hopped over to ride Nemo and visit with some underwater friends. Aria enjoyed it though she was getting tired.

Sad to see the seahorses – we got 2 for our salt water tank but both died. They were so cool!

Old 12-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #140
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Why does Belle look so...manic is maybe the right word? And ugh Aurora's wig just drives me crazy. It never looks good. Never.

/end rant lol

I love Aria's outfit! So cute!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 12-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #141
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Very cute stockings! They are awesome!

Aria totally has the princess hand pose in the photo with Ariel!!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #142
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Why does Belle look so...manic is maybe the right word? And ugh Aurora's wig just drives me crazy. It never looks good. Never.

/end rant lol

I love Aria's outfit! So cute!
Yeah that Belle was the worst I had seen and she was awful with Aria too

Aurora is always odd looking I think! funny!

Thanks! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Very cute stockings! They are awesome!

Aria totally has the princess hand pose in the photo with Ariel!!
Thank you! I'm so glad to be done with them haha. I enjoyed my first stocking free evening in a LONG time last night!

LOL she's a princess in the making.

I thought the Snow White pictures were cute!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #143
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

After that it was nap time for a baby. Somehow we obtained rider swap passes for Soarin (may have been from earlier), Andrew ran over to ride Mission Space while I finally did some good shopping. Unfortunately Mission Space was having issues and Andrew sat in the 10-minute wait line for over 40 minutes before riding, he ran over to meet me at Soarin so I could ride that but by that time little miss was already waking up and would need to eat. So instead I had to go to the baby care center while Andrew got to ride Soarin, since we had a 12PM ADR at Les Chefs and I had to get Aria fed before then. Coming out of the BCC, I gave Aria her new Minnie pillow (which consequently our Chihuahua mix Oliver has taken as his own at home haha).

And t hen we booked it to France but I was stupid and went clockwise when I should have just passed Canada, UK and ended up in France. IT was HOT and I was running but made it to our ADR right at noon. Whew! Andrew met me over there, and we were seated pretty quickly since they just opened right at 12.
We took some pictures while waiting to be seated –

We had a beautiful window table! Though this reminds me of something. Almost 100% of the time when checking in, we were asked if we needed a high chair, answered yes, and then when we got to the table they didn’t know we needed a high chair so they had to run to get one. Not sure WHY Disney had such problems getting high chairs for us while they were picking out our tables, but more often than not Aria started out in one of our laps while we cleared her spot. On that note – they also liked to leave full servings of silverware right in front of her, hand her crayons and drawing paper, AND had no qualms about putting our drinks, food, etc within reach of her at just about every single meal. She’s 8 months old! Grrr. It was obvious we didn’t encounter many servers with kids!

Rant over, time for pictures!

I had a nice glass of white wine, and would have ordered the onion soup to start but was too hot to even consider it, so instead I had a delicious breaded goat cheese salad. MMM!

Andrew had lobster bisque to start, and for the life of me I have no idea what his main dish was. I kind of think he just had soup, and wasn’t that hungry.

I had the mushroom and chicken pie thing (hows that for restaurant talk!) and it was absolutely DELICOUS! I want a total repeat of this meal, which is why I have an ADR in March! YAy!

We had to wait quite a while for Remy to make an appearance. We had time to order a 2nd drink, finish up our meals, a diaper change a la Andrew, and pay our bill before he made it over, be he was super cute and Aria was really interested in seeing him.

After lunch, we joined Andrew the SMART way back to FW, stopping in Canada briefly to laughs of people passing by –

This is where it sort of went downhill, we were becoming indecisive about what to do – head back to the condo to freshen up before our photo shoot? Skip Illuminations? Andrew was obviously melting and I was getting annoyed at him, so I think I agreed to leave if we headed to the Chase lounge for Illuminations viewing wristbands and also somehow convinced him to go to the Chase Visa cardmember meet. That was a bad idea – the Chase lounge was pretty quick to get in and out, but the character meet had a very, very long line. I don’t know why I pushed it, but I did and we waited for about 25-30 minutes before meeting the characters. I really just wanted PP pics with Minnie but no luck, she wasn’t there. She was being cute in the line though!

I picked up this baby Minnie rattle too, and she still LOVES it! It became her very favorite toy during this trip!

And the meet was fine but not worth the wait, IMO!

Old 12-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #144
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Ooooh, Belle does look a little scary in that picture!! But Aria is simply adorable in her Belle dress though. At least they included the picture on your Photopass instead of having to pay! I am almost positive that's the Aurora we met at the Town Square Theater on our trip too. And I agree with you & Jenny, that wig is just AWFUL!

Awww, she looks so cute checking out Remy! I really want to eat there just to see him. He's so cute! I think Paxton would really get a kick out of that.

We found the Visa Meet to be hit or miss. Either the line was short and moved quickly or it was CRAZY long and we skipped it. Pretty cool getting Mickey & Pluto though.

I am sorry to hear Aria was not as much of a fan of the characters on your most recent trip. So many things can change with kids in just the span of a few months, as I too learned on our last trip! Hopefully she will be better for your next trip. I found over the past two Paxton was more shy at the beginning of the trip, but as we got further into the trip he warmed up to them a lot. And the bigger the better! He seemed to really love all of the huge characters that you'd think a kid his age would be afraid of!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 12-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #145
holleypie
Mouseketeer

The Belle dress is super cute! I love all the princess pictures. Especially Snow White. Aria's looking at her as if she's saying something very interesting.

We had Mickey and Pluto for the Visa meet and greet too. We didn't wait too long, but the couple in front of us had to round up literally TWELVE other people when it was their turn! That wasn't annoying at all.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #146
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Ooooh, Belle does look a little scary in that picture!! But Aria is simply adorable in her Belle dress though. At least they included the picture on your Photopass instead of having to pay! I am almost positive that's the Aurora we met at the Town Square Theater on our trip too. And I agree with you & Jenny, that wig is just AWFUL!

Awww, she looks so cute checking out Remy! I really want to eat there just to see him. He's so cute! I think Paxton would really get a kick out of that.

We found the Visa Meet to be hit or miss. Either the line was short and moved quickly or it was CRAZY long and we skipped it. Pretty cool getting Mickey & Pluto though.

I am sorry to hear Aria was not as much of a fan of the characters on your most recent trip. So many things can change with kids in just the span of a few months, as I too learned on our last trip! Hopefully she will be better for your next trip. I found over the past two Paxton was more shy at the beginning of the trip, but as we got further into the trip he warmed up to them a lot. And the bigger the better! He seemed to really love all of the huge characters that you'd think a kid his age would be afraid of!!
With the price of buffets I think it's ridiculous that most photos are NOT included. Makes me mad! Esp at like Tusker House when Donald doesn't come around and it's HIS breakfast, and they make you pay for the photo. Ugh! End rant!

I wanted to eat at Les Chefs for SO long, I don't know what took me so long, but finally made the reservation and made it, and was so glad we did! It was delicious, service was great, Remy was fun, and it was a beautiful restaurant.

December was like that! By the last day Aria was actually okay with the characters, smiled at Daisy even! I told Andrew looks like we just have to go for longer trips then, giving her a chance to get acclimated before we have to pick up and leave!

Everything I've heard about the Disney Visa is how fantastic it is with no wait. We must have just been dumb and hit it at a bad time, if we do it again, we'd just plan it out better so there was no wait, otherwise it just wasn't worth it. The photos were cute though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holleypie View Post
The Belle dress is super cute! I love all the princess pictures. Especially Snow White. Aria's looking at her as if she's saying something very interesting.

We had Mickey and Pluto for the Visa meet and greet too. We didn't wait too long, but the couple in front of us had to round up literally TWELVE other people when it was their turn! That wasn't annoying at all.
Thank you! Yeah I didn't realize how cute those Snow White photos came out til I was putting them in this report, I am not a fan of Snow White and she's the one princess I don't even have a dress for Aria to match haha (I'm sure she will end up being Aria's favorite since I don't like her!).

So annoying when people do that to you in lines! I hate that!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #147
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Poly Photoshoot

After that Aria napped in the car back to the condo, we carried her in the car seat and she stayed asleep while we both quickly showered, I dried my hair, and made an attempt at makeup, she was still asleep while we put her back in the car and drove to the Polynesian (haha), and luckily we were early because she did finally wake up when we arrived and was hungry! So I quickly nursed her in the car, changed her outfit, and we arrived at the 2nd floor photopass desk right at 4. Our “Disney event photography” photographer was already there, and we made our way back downstairs and outside. My only request was for some beach photos, and she worried me at first by starting her phone stop watch for 20 minutes, but after that weirdness we started taking photos in the greenery around the resort, in the grass, and then headed to the beach but it was packed so we were unable to take those photos. I was worried about having wasted all that time walking, but when her timer went off she just shut it off and kept taking photos, and then even had us put Aria in her stroller and took a few with just Andrew and me, too. She was super sweet and we really enjoyed the photo shoot! Without further ado, here are the photos!

Old 12-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #148
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Aria was such a good girl throughout the photo shoot and I really loved our photos. She sat down and went over the photos briefly afterwards, then quickly put them on a USB stick and we headed back to EPCOT. We took a few PP pics- (some of my favorite of the trip, Aria was just miss smiley that day!)

Then we headed right over to Coral Reef for dinner – we had not originally planned for the poly photoshoot and I was worried we wouldn’t make dinner, but the timing worked out fine and we got there right at our ADR time. We waited a couple minutes –

And I had requested a tank table of course but instead we were all the way up top. That was a little disappointing, especially as Aria was pretty tired of being cooped up and would have really enjoyed the tank, but that was really the only bad thing about the meal!

I think she was delirious at this point

I had a lobster pasta which was pretty good!

And Andrew had his best dish of the trip! It was a special for the evening, and neither of us remember the type of fish it was (nothing we’d ever heard of) but the sauce was amazing. Very spicy and delicious, and I even loved it! MMMM.

Aria was being her cute self during dinner –

Afterwards we headed back to enjoy some world showcase – first stop was Mexico of course and we enjoyed the ride (well Aria and I did, Andrew isn’t really a fan) – we had our own boat bc is was so empty!

We had to try to get a photo with a sombrero. Last trip we brought a couple of these back for our dogs…

After, we headed out to Norway and got a FP for Maelstrom. It was so ridiculous – FP return time opened up in 35 minutes and the wait was 30 minutes! So we perused the shops for a little while.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #149
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Wrapping up the day!

Then we hopped to China as it was 8PM and Aria was not only past her bedtime but past her last nursing time, and I didn’t care to go back to the BCC so instead I found a bench near the back of the pavilion and nursed her there. Turns out there was a private event inside and I just happened to pick the door to sit next to that drunk guests liked to stumble out of, and one startled Aria so much that her fingernail ended up in my eye, OUCH! I couldn’t open my eye for a good 20 minutes after that and once that finally happened, everything was blurry. Unfortunately, the next day did not get better.

But the show had to go on, and we wanted to get on Maelstrom before putting Aria down! We both love that ride. I just realized we missed that ride when we were just there! Boo!

Then we put Aria down but quickly uncovered her to show her the Chinese puppets LOL (and yes bought her her favorite one, a purple dragon) and then recovered her and put her down to bed, with the intention of enjoying a bit more of WS before heading to the Illuminations viewing spot.

No more photos of the evening – we stopped to get some drinks, a white wine for me and a stein of beer for Andrew, and then headed over to the Illuminations spot, which I was not impressed with at all (turned out to be the 3D Dessert Party spot), and between that and my bum eye constantly tearing, we ended up leaving about 20 minutes before the show started.

We tucked in pretty quickly (Aria slept in the car ride over, and transferred easily to her crib and slept very well overnight!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #150
Alysa
DIS Veteran

What wonderful photo shoot images! You look so happy! I've never even thought of doing that before but they are lovely. Where do you get the information on booking one?
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: