Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 AM   #31
dizney-cruiser
DiZney CraZy ºoº
we dont want no stinkin snow in NJ!!

I just skimmed through this thread - so sorry if this was already posted . . .

We bring magnet hooks that we have on the inside of our stateroom door. Each person has their own hook and each time they come in the room they hang their lanyard/dry box/sunglasses onto their hook so that when they head out again - everything is right there ready to grab and go!

When we checked in for our last cruise we asked for a blank "key card" - we kept this in the top drawer by the closet (along with a bag of small bills for roomservice) - we used the blank card to control the lights/tv so that no one had to head out and forget their key was in the light switch. (any card will actually work - we just liked having the blank one)

dizney-cruiser
(Janice)

2004 (Wonder); 2006 (Magic); 2007 (Wonder);
2008 (Magic Double Dip); 2010 (Magic Double Dip); 2011 (Dream B2B);
2012 (Fantasy B2B); 2013 (Fantasy); 2014 (Fantasy);

2015 (B2B Fantasy!)
dizney-cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #32
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Just a question please re the over the door show organizer ( love this idea ) do the attachments for over the door fit on the door to the room or only on the doors internally? Also we have an accessible room as I am disabled so wondering if its suitable for a sliding door ( accessible rooms have sliding bathroom doors mostly in resorts )
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #33
ready123go
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Just a question please re the over the door show organizer ( love this idea ) do the attachments for over the door fit on the door to the room or only on the doors internally? Also we have an accessible room as I am disabled so wondering if its suitable for a sliding door ( accessible rooms have sliding bathroom doors mostly in resorts )
Hi Paula, not sure if I can answer your question entirely, but maybe I can share enough info and ideas, and others can chime in and fill in the blanks.

My over-the-door shoe organizer hangs by hooks. Like these: first pic (this is the kind I have) & second pic and the shower organizer hangs by a rod with hook ends.

You have to put the hooks in to hang it, so instead of using the over-the-door hooks that are supplied, you might be able to use these suction hooks or these 3M Command hooks with these strips. We use the suction hooks in the shower with the shower organizer.

I don't know if these ideas would work with the surface of the doors you speak of, or the way the doors travel. If the surface is too rough, suction definitely won't work. If the doors are pocket doors (which I doubt they are, but I am unfamiliar with them), then a door organizer of any kind won't work.

If the hooks will work, you could hang the shoe organizer as high as you can reach and cut the excess off of the bottom.

Hopefully this post makes sense (it's early ).
Old 12-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #34
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready123go

Hi Paula, not sure if I can answer your question entirely, but maybe I can share enough info and ideas, and others can chime in and fill in the blanks.

My over-the-door shoe organizer hangs by hooks. Like these: first pic (this is the kind I have) & second pic and the shower organizer hangs by a rod with hook ends.

You have to put the hooks in to hang it, so instead of using the over-the-door hooks that are supplied, you might be able to use these suction hooks or these 3M Command hooks with these strips. We use the suction hooks in the shower with the shower organizer.

I don't know if these ideas would work with the surface of the doors you speak of, or the way the doors travel. If the surface is too rough, suction definitely won't work. If the doors are pocket doors (which I doubt they are, but I am unfamiliar with them), then a door organizer of any kind won't work.

If the hooks will work, you could hang the shoe organizer as high as you can reach and cut the excess off of the bottom.

Hopefully this post makes sense (it's early ).
Hi

How incredibly helpful you are thank you so much for taking the time to post that. I had not considered replacing the over the door hooks what a good idea! I could play around with the ideas at home to see which one would work best. I would not be able to reach the top pockets because of my disability but DW can have those! I just thought like the OP have posted re thier younger children same could apply to me. I will just use the lower pockets! Thank you! We typically stay at SSR for 2 weeks as we come from the UK and try to maximise the flight cost and time usually taking in a 3/4 day cruise so lots of luggage and organisation needed!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #35
ready123go
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi

How incredibly helpful you are thank you so much for taking the time to post that. I had not considered replacing the over the door hooks what a good idea! I could play around with the ideas at home to see which one would work best. I would not be able to reach the top pockets because of my disability but DW can have those! I just thought like the OP have posted re thier younger children same could apply to me. I will just use the lower pockets! Thank you! We typically stay at SSR for 2 weeks as we come from the UK and try to maximise the flight cost and time usually taking in a 3/4 day cruise so lots of luggage and organisation needed!
You're welcome. I'll share a little secret with you - I love organizing for efficiency's sake!! (Very silly, I know )
Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #36
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:

You're welcome. I'll share a little secret with you - I love organizing for efficiency's sake!! (Very silly, I know )
Yes me too! I love the packing cubes idea. Got to get me some of those. I do a vacation brochure each year (sad) with accomodation, flight , car etc ref numbers, pictures of resort and things to do. A day by day list of adrs and activities.. Useful numbers etc.

Takes me ages but its part of the vacation for me. When its complete ( I do it as a booklet in publisher ) my partner prints it off at work and binds it for us. Lol people think it is a professional production it gets more complex each year....last year I added an index what ever next lol...

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #37
ready123go
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes me too! I love the packing cubes idea. Got to get me some of those. I do a vacation brochure each year (sad) with accomodation, flight , car etc ref numbers, pictures of resort and things to do. A day by day list of adrs and activities.. Useful numbers etc.

Takes me ages but its part of the vacation for me. When its complete ( I do it as a booklet in publisher ) my partner prints it off at work and binds it for us. Lol people think it is a professional production it gets more complex each year....last year I added an index what ever next lol...
I love it! Makes my elaborate spreadsheets with ADRs, EMH and Recommended Parks, look completely amateurish!

I think the newest comic book superhero should be "Captain OCD" ( "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder". Don't know if you call it the same in the UK). Now that is a superhero I can relate to!!
Old 12-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #38
Paula Sedley-Burke

Quote:

I love it! Makes my elaborate spreadsheets with ADRs, EMH and Recommended Parks, look completely amateurish!

I think the newest comic book superhero should be "Captain OCD" ( "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder". Don't know if you call it the same in the UK). Now that is a superhero I can relate to!!
Well I did start with spreadsheets then I progressed to Publisher... Lol.. Re Captain OCD that is defo a superhero after my own heart. To make matters worse I do the laundry before we come home lol ( DVC so it being free just feeds the obsessions lol )

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 12-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #39
MISSREBECCA76
"Hello, My Name is Rebecca, and I have a Disney Problem!"

Thank you all! I really appreciate all the input!!!

1999 SOG First ever WDW Trip (with my HOT college bf, who is now my HOT husband!)2001 SOG Honeymoon trip 2009 CRB First trip with the kiddos in tow, grandparents too! 2011 OKW Santa was good to us, so kids, grandparents and even a great grandparent made the trip! 2012 Fort Wilderness Cabins 2012 Disney Dream- our first of many DCL experiences!2012 Beach Club
MISSREBECCA76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: