Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #16
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookmomma74 View Post
Be sure to remember to pack your corkscrew, or else you will be stuck paying the corkage fee, as you won't be able to open it in your cabin!
Actually you can get a corkscrew from room service. We were just on the Fantasy last week and brought two bottles of wine on board. We purposely bought screw top bottles. On the first day at sea we ordered the "all hands on deck" cheese plate and two wine glasses. The also brought a wine opener even though we hadn't asked for one.

BTW, the "corkage fee" isn't actually about opening the bottle. You'll be charged this even if the bottle is already open when you bring it to the dining room.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
2CME911
Mouseketeer

I've been reading these posts and thinking back to our first cruise, I carefully packed several bottles of nice wine...and forgot the corkscrew! Stateroom host got us one...Thanks Art!

When we got back I thought to myself, there must be a way to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew. Found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq7DB...e_gdata_player

Love it! Just don't forget to bring a tree.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 12:11 AM   #18
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Actually you can get a corkscrew from room service. We were just on the Fantasy last week and brought two bottles of wine on board. We purposely bought screw top bottles. On the first day at sea we ordered the "all hands on deck" cheese plate and two wine glasses. The also brought a wine opener even though we hadn't asked for one.

BTW, the "corkage fee" isn't actually about opening the bottle. You'll be charged this even if the bottle is already open when you bring it to the dining room.
I think that if you bring the open bottle to the dining room you'll be charged the fee. However, if you just bring a glass of wine you won't be. You could have gotten that the bar prior to dinner...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #19
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
I think that if you bring the open bottle to the dining room you'll be charged the fee. However, if you just bring a glass of wine you won't be. You could have gotten that the bar prior to dinner...
I guess it depends on how much you like to play by the rules - from the DCL website:

Beverage Policy.

QuestionWhat is the policy regarding bringing alcoholic beverages on board?
AnswerAlcohol is permitted on board. However, any fragile items (including alcoholic beverages) must be hand-carried on board in the carry-on of an adult Guest – age 21 or older (dimensions can't exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep).

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

Guests who arrive in the dining room, including Palo and Remy, with a bottle of champagne or wine will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #20
dittymau
Earning My Ears

You can always ask for glasses at the bar (plastic if on pool deck) and bring your first glass with you to dinner. On the Magic recently we had late seating and would stop at Diversions for a snack and a drink before getting cleaned up for dinner, and when leaving ask for two wine glasses which they cheerfully provided. If we wanted a second glass of wine in the dining room they have several reasonably priced wines by the glass between $6 -$7 I recall...
dittymau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #21
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookmomma74 View Post
Be sure to remember to pack your corkscrew, or else you will be stuck paying the corkage fee, as you won't be able to open it in your cabin! l
Sure you can. Corkscrews are for sissies!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=QEPz1...%3DQEPz1nkiwLI
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: