Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #1006
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Thanks for the link. I'm excited to hear about F&W - it's on my list for an adult only trip some time.
Such a great adult only trip! Although honestly, we had a blast at it when the boys were little too. They would enjoy it, it just doesn't work with the school calendar at all. So I guess it's adult only for a while for me! Darn.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #1007
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Sailing Away, Space Cadet Style

"I left my retainer in the napkin"

That is a sentence no parent ever wants to hear! Our hearts sunk, as the retainer was wrapped inside a napkin to be hidden from view and on the tray, and given how lightening fast they were clearing up Cabanas to ready it for dinner, I fully expected that the retainer was in the garbage by now. Gone. Or at least not easily found without some rather nasty digging around by someone.

We raced back up.

It is Disney.

Lots of kids wear retainers

Hiding them in napkins must be a recurring theme.

They had opened the napkin and had the retainer!

I was SO sure it was gone.

Happy Birthday Kendall! You don't have to tell your mom you lost your retainer! LOL.

We swung by the room for something, what I have no idea, and met our stateroom host. His name was something we didn't quite catch but he simply said to call him J. Or Jay. Not really sure as I don't think we actually saw him again the entire cruise! Which was a little odd but I’ll touch on that later.

Muster was in the theater. It was HUGE but I have to admit, comfortable and painless.

Greatly relieved about the retainer and official duties complete we headed back to the stateroom on our way up to hit the sail away party. We had ordered a birthday gift to the room. I hadn't had time to take a picture of it when we arrived but it was a magnet, a banner, a cake and some other decorations so attempted now. As you can see, I had a hard time with the lighting!

The birthday girl posed with them

Where is she?

There she is!

We decided to check out our view from the verandah

Looking out

And down

To the side

And with that, it was time to sail away! We headed up top. And, I'll admit, didn't really get in with the crowd watching the actual party. The boys had seen it before and while Eric enjoyed it, the others are a little "old" for those kinds of parties and were far more interested in checking other things out.

We did make them watch us pull out at least.

I bought Jeff and I a drink of the day. It was 2 for 1. Which was still a bit of a waste, hard to believe there was anything even in them but I'd wanted the glasses. Plus, my white wine wasn't yet cold (it had escaped the ice other than that 10 minutes while I walked over, in and then had to dump it out) and with not being able to drink soda, it worked for me. If memory serves, Jeff than ran them to our room and "doctored" them and they were much better!

Still overcast and cloudy but, not raining!

We must have also hit the soda station based on what’s in the picture

The line for the Aquaduck was going strong.

Now things got pretty funny, or dorky, depending on your point of view. We were sailing out of Cape Canaveral…and by things that VERY much interested Jeff. Who took a bazillion pictures (many of which didn't turn out well) complete with narrative (which the kids tuned out).

Probably not the sail away pictures you were expecting!

Continued in next post

Last edited by eandesmom; 12-19-2012 at 02:58 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #1008
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Continued from previous post

Kendall was texting away while she still had a signal, I think we all updated our FB status at that point.

Officially out to sea we split up. The boys wanted to golf. Yes, there is a mini golf course on the ship! They were barely holding it together while Jeff obsessed over KSC and once past it, we cut them loose with instructions to meet back at the room at a set time for the show which wed all attend together and then go to dinner. I had a feeling it would kill their chances for meeting other kids at Edge but they were obsessed and I pick my battles. This wasnt one worth fighting. Jeff, Kendall and I headed to check out Vibe. It was a little funky and difficult to find. Once there we sent K in to check it out. It was weird, she disappeared into what felt like a tunnel and we had no idea how long she'd be! Jeff decided to wait outside for her while I swung by the DVC desk and wed meet in the room.

While strolling I took a few pictures of the atrium and enjoyed the live music. One thing I really noticed on the Dream was it seemed to have more live music playing in open areas than the Wonder had. Jeff says I just missed it on the Wonder and it was there but I honestly don't recall it.

I had wanted to stop by the DVC desk as there had been a card in our room, inviting us to to so, to pick up a pin. It came in this cute box with DVC lanyards. I had been happy to see we did have a "Members" magnet on our door.

Not only did I get a pin but they gave me hats for everyone and a really nice reusable tote bag to put them in.

Score! Jeff and I got back to the stateroom about the same time. He was missing a child. Apparently another teen and Kendall had connected and taken off. She'd be skipping the show and meeting us back at the room for dinner. So much for worrying about her meeting kids! It gave me just enough time to shower, I felt pretty grimy after the ice/rain fiasco and get changed for dinner. I figured that would work out well as then others might be changing after the show before dinner. Jeff enjoyed a beer and myself a glass of white wine (the reason Id wanted the DOTD glasses...so I had something until we could procure wine glasses from dinner) and we had a few moments of quiet time, I put out our FE and decorated the door a little more, including our whiteboard before the boys would arrive and we would head to the show.

I thought she was with you???

Last edited by eandesmom; 12-31-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #1009
Mickcruiser
Earning My Ears

Muster drill is one of the three parts of cruising I could do without, waiting to board, muster drill, and getting off
Old 12-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #1010
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Yay - the retainer isn't lost!! So glad it didn't rain out your sail away.

Score on the DVC swag! We have the "old" logo hats. I used the tote bag to haul a lot of "extra" FE stuff off the ship with us! I think they need to pass out real luggage now.

Glad you had a few moments alone to enjoy a glass of wine etc. It seemed on those short cruises, we never had a minute to relax. I'm looking forward to a longer one with more time!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #1011
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

You must have been so relieved about the retainer! As someone who once wore them, I can say that I understand I love all of your sailing away photos too!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 12-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #1013
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickcruiser View Post
Muster drill is one of the three parts of cruising I could do without, waiting to board, muster drill, and getting off
Unfortuitly it's important for the safety of you and everyone else on the boat.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 12-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #1014
MEK
DIS Veteran

So, so glad the retainer was easily retrievable. Yeah!

Kendall looks so cute with he B-day decoration as a Hat. Too cute!

I love the pictures from the verandah. I hope I am on the right side of the ship for that. Pretty sure I am.

Doctored drinks - something I would do for sure.

So - how does the cruise line know you are DVC members? I booked through AAA. Does she add that to my reservation as a reminder?

Looking forward to more.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-20-2012, 12:40 AM   #1015
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Okay, I can sleep now - Kendall has her retaiiner. The sail away is not really my thing as far as the mosh pit, but I enjoy the event from up above anyway. Nice start, now that you've dumped your offensive ice out.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #1016
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
They had opened the napkin and had the retainer!
Thank goodness for attentive CM's.

Quote:
We decided to check out our view from the verandah
Without coffee?

Looking out

Quote:
And with that, it was time to sail away! We headed up top. And, I'll admit, didn't really get in with the crowd watching the actual party. The boys had seen it before and while Eric enjoyed it, the others are a little "old" for those kinds of parties and were far more interested in checking other things out.

We did make them watch us pull out at least.
Don't tell anybody, but I think watching the ship in action and the scenery rolling by is more interesting than the party.

Quote:
Now things got pretty funny, or dorky, depending on your point of view. We were sailing out of Cape Canaveral…and by things that VERY much interested Jeff. Who took a bazillion pictures (many of which didn't turn out well) complete with narrative (which the kids tuned out).
Must be a guy thing.

Quote:
Kendall was texting away while she still had a signal, I think we all updated our FB status at that point.
I totally would do the same thing.

Quote:
Not only did I get a pin but they gave me hats for everyone and a really nice reusable tote bag to put them in.

Score!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #1017
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Whew! So glad the retainer was found!!

Kendall's birthday gift was so cute!!

Great start to the cruise so far! Can't wait to read more!!

Old 12-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #1018
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Yay on the swag.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 12-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #1019
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

it has taken me three days to finish catching up with all these interruptions.

Sorry for to myself about the whole beer/wine/ice fiasco. Very good of you to not lay on the "told you so's" right after. aaaaaggghhhh

I am SO GLAD that the retainer was not lost. The ending of that post had me dreading the next bit. YAY for Disney knowing that kids will be kids!

Muster sounds like something I could do without but at least its over and done.

I still think its great that you can comfortably part ways for a few hours and then meet back up again with everyone. and SCORE on the cute hats at the DVC desk. Bet those come in handy!

The ship looks so pretty inside. I would love all the live entertainment.

Thanks for the heads up on the new TR. I am so anxious to see these Halloween costumes....
Old 12-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #1020
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

OMG what luck on the retainer front. Thank goodness!!

Love that you doctored the DOTD. I would have purchased just for the glass too!!

So far I'm sold on the cruise experience? Looking forward to learning more.

Tags
animal kingdom villas, disney dream, old key west, vero beach resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: