Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
mj88jm
Earning My Ears

spring break trip planning

hello all...
The wife and I have decided to take the kids (10, 8, 3) to Disneyworld for spring break. We are planning on 3/30 - 4/5. Looks like we are leaning towards Port Orleans Riverside because of the extra bed in the room, are there any other resorts that offer this other than moving towards a suite? Also thinking of including the dining plan, if for nothing else than just because I'd like the ease of having everything prepaid before we arrive, but I've heard from others that it's a waste and not worth it? Thoughts from experts please. Thanks
mj88jm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Because your youngest is over 3 he/she counts as a person in your room. The only moderate that allows 5 to a room is POR in the bayou area. The only other option other than a suite is deluxe in either BC/yC, POLY, GF, CR, BWI . AKL & WL only sleep 4 and a infant under 3 .
It all really depends in your budget. Best of luck. POR is a beautiful resort the pasta station is awesome

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Sorry-My opinion on the DDP is its worth it only if you are planning on characters dinners. I have 2 kids and its totally easier to get the plan. It's paid for B4 you get there less funds to carry just hand over your room key. The tips are not included in the plan you have to pay OOP for those. If you plan on a sit down daily I would do it if you are only doing Counter service /quick service I wouldn't bother.

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
tennessee
Mouseketeer

i like the dining plan we do quick service,just because we dont like to plan the vacation around eating. If we want a sit down we go and check and see if anything is open. We usually have one meal left and use it the day we check out. I like that everthing is paid for and dont have to worry about the money or carring it around.
tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: