Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #1246
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGalUK View Post
I'm angry, sad, hurt, rageful, pissed, but most of all, I'm heartbroken.
I bet Kelly. I EFFIN' BET.

I'm mad FOR YOU. In tandem.

I wish I had some loving, positive words but I'm just too dam@ pissed off for you and for her right now.

Sighing. Feeling like pounding the keys right off my computer.

LOVE to you and to her.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 12-13-2012 at 05:05 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #1247
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Kelly. Ugh, there's just no words.
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #1248
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Kelly - you're in my thoughts - have been and will continue to be. LOVE sent your way.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #1249
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Love to all.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 12-15-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #1250
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

Thank you both. It's just so hard at the minute. I feel so angry all of the time and that isn't me.

Lisa - I saw your post before the edit.

I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend
Old 12-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #1251
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

Lisa - I saw your post before the edit.
Oh Kelly - It is true - rage - it not even sad or frustrated or mad - it's straight rage. I am so angry for you both.

Just angry about a lot.

I just saw that Elf is on and I've never seen it. Space out and try not to whip things at the tv.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 12-15-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #1252
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

You know what would be nice right now? A date. I like them entertaining and cocky. And since Kelly's not giving her husband up....

Kelly!

So be on the look out everyone. Entertaining and cocky. Which is probably trouble. But if not entertained - forget about it.

Rambling not to think of all the other.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:31 AM   #1253
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

Lisa - Elf is awesome! You should definitely watch it!

Oh, and I'm sure I can spare the husband for a few hours
Old 12-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #1254
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Kelly- I won't say sorry because its not what you want to hear. Feel emotions, never try to push them away. Please know that we're here if you want to talk or want a distraction.

poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #1255
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

I am not dealing well with the tragedy. As a person I can't handle it but as a teacher, with a class of my own, there are just other emotions that have surprised me.

I think I'll leave it as that.

poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #1256
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

Oh, and I'm sure I can spare the husband for a few hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post
I am not dealing well with the tragedy. As a person I can't handle it but as a teacher, with a class of my own, there are just other emotions that have surprised me.

I think I'll leave it as that.
Love to you Megan.

Listen, none of us know what is right for each other. However, I have a suggestion. I feel like I can't even go there - in the sense that I have no emotional space left inside me right now. And I feel that quite frankly - to watch the news, to read it, to even hear or think some obscure word like cubby (in the classroom and I start to picture and then I feel like throwing up)- well I know that it's sending me to my emotional limits. The media is starting a rage in me on its own accord.

I know this is about way more than the families' pain and my compassion and sadness for them. It's knowing where you're at and your limits.

So my suggestion is that you have to look after yourself Megan. No, you're not involved. No, you're not a their mother. But you feel. You're a teacher. You can imagine it all. You can imagine the fear, the utmost responsibility. Just like the mothers feel the mothers' terror and pain. DON'T MEGAN. Just do anything you can to distract yourself. It's too much.

It's giving me great peace to joke with Kelly right now. I have too much rage. I can feel it. And quite frankly laughter is lessening that experience somewhat. So if I'm on here joking or babbling it's to limit my thoughts to the other. Not in disrespect. But to look after my head.

So my suggestion is distract yourself and tell us about your trip. Tell us about your sister. Yes you probably don't feel like it. But use it as a distraction. Or something else. (And I do know there is time to just stay silent too Megan).

Sometimes distraction is not a bad thing. And honestly in this situation I think it's smart. It's a skill I've had to learn in my life - especially in the last year.

But that's where I'm at and I'm not so insensitive to think I know what is best for you - simply a suggestion to respect how much is coming up for you.

Love to you.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 12-17-2012 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #1257
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
TR Day 2

We slept in until 8. That's a lot of sleep considering we went to bed early! It's become very apparent why I can never go to the half. Lord.

We did not want to do the early park thing. We wanted to sit by the pool and go to the parks later. So we headed to get some breakfast and pool time.

We got an excellent egg bacon cheese croissant from the takeaway Curious? Is this aJersey term or the States in general? What do you think? I know it but am curious nonetheless. place. Like perfect. Ate it outside by the pool. Snagged chairs in the sun. Jodi made friends with a couple from NYC.

Overall hard rock impressions take 2. The rooms are nothing special. Very standard. Sure there are rock music pictures on the wall but in our opinion the Radisson in center city Philly is nicer. Look at Liz! We'll call her Posh Spice! Winking. At you. The bathrooms are just very very plain. Another big not like Disney moment. No turndown service, no plush towels, no truly special touches. You do not stay here for the rooms.Interesting.

Let me say that Amiee totally prepared me for all this. I'm just giving my impressions. We wouldn't want a change at all. We would stay here again. Just observations.

The pool area is fantastic. Nice soft sand. Plenty of chairs. Great music. You really stay here for the pool and express pass. Nice!

Relaxing poolside and being able to skip all the lines is awesome.

We had drinks and snacks and the beachclub food was excellent. We stayed at the pool until 2:30. Liking the doing nothing.Then we showered and went back to Studios. We probably got there about 3:30. We grabbed a beer and found the Blues Brothers show. Amiee recommended this and we loved it. We are fans of the blues brothers. This was one of the highlights for me. After the show we hit MIB and the ET ride. I like those storytelling rides the best. And universal isn't into them as much as they are special effects and technology. But I'm a fan of those classic storytelling rides so I honestly probably liked ET the best.

Around this time I developed a massively painful sciatic nerve. Ouch Liz. Just out of the blue? Oy baby it hurt. Standing killed. So I was scampering around people because walking sucked but walking fast was my friend. We scampered to IOA. By this time we were hungry.

The first three places we saw to eat in IOA were closed at 4pm. But the park was open until 8pm. I could not get my head around this. Why??? SO strange. Feed. Me!!!

We went to superhero island to eat pizza. Dominos quality but we didn't care. I limped my way to the bathroom and then dragged Jodi to go on Spider-Man. I liked this ride. Didn't love it. Liked it. I'm just not into screens. Give me a good moving ride any day

Then we went to Seuss landing and rode the two moving rides there. Even the kiddie rides are intense! Wow. Cat in the hat, basically pooh but it spins around multiple times. Jodi, remember motion sickness? Yeah. She did not love this. The train trolley one was delightful and offered a nice view of the park.

Hogwarts was next. Jodi stayed with me through the line and veered off at the end to what she called "where the old people and children wait and Jodi!! (Lisa added!)". I did really like this. I smiled through the whole thing. It was fun and interesting. I think she could have done it but those screens, man. They are what messes you up!

We got a frozen butterbeer So I hear this - but what? Just smooth sweet beer??????and we found we prefer the draft. We drank it as we walked out. A survey guy grabbed us and I went in and gave him my very honest impressions of universal. He was trying not to laugh hysterically. We told him it was okay he could laugh. You must have made his day.

After that we headed to city walk. I will recap that next! Good
Very interesting Liz. As I said only done Universal Los Angeles so I try to picture it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Lisa - i love the IEP initials and I want Jean stories. Tell me what she is up to.
Jean is head first into acting. She got her first role awhile back. Play was in October. In the last year she has been taking a couple of drama classes and loved them. She just got another role - well three roles in one play. Her first was called Bedtime Stories by a famous Canadian playwright. I don't know if you would know any of his work. Norm Foster. He's recent. The Melville Boys is probably his most famous work.

Let's see. Hmmm. I'm sure there are other things. Oh she was fired recently. See (or SHE! see what my brain does right now? All the time. Typos everywhere.) was trouble for a scandalous business - working with mentally ill children/young adults. The company was bonkers. She just pushed their buttons and called them on some of their sh!t. It was just a PT job on top of her FT. But impacts a lot for her and for us in tandem - as we share some expenses and such.

We have tons of union stress/unrest here in the schools - day long strikes etc.

She's obsessed -as usual - by the NFL. Sits in a chair for hours on end and sings loudly with Faith. She can no longer sing with Hank because he's gone - he didn't like her skin colour.

Also, she thinks it's okay to wear green pajama pants with her red shirt and wreath earrings and red/green/white socks in public! Cause Christmas warrants such lovelies.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 12-16-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:47 AM   #1258
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Lisa, I just love you. Yep, I really do. No matter what, you make me smile when I read you. I can't help it. That is all.

Ok, it's not ALL...but at this point I'm doing the Ostrich about other things. Head in the sand, plugging along with a lot of work and holiday stuff. I won't turn on the news. I started to type more, but I cannot express myself well and so I just keep avoiding the whole thing.
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #1259
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

CT. I'm on a news fast. I read what I think is critical and not the rest. No more images. As a mother, it's heartbreaking. As a social worker, i want to effect change. but I can't if I OD on it.

Kelly. I feel what you are going through. If you want a companion, I am here. My only advice is don't jump ahead. Just deal with what you know when you know it. I have lots more to say but it mostly involves rants on how we, as a society, see and deal with breast cancer. So I will shut up and if you want my two cents, I will throw it in. xoxo.

Lisa - Jean the actress! I wish I could see her. Good for her for telling the truth - bad that they let her go over it. I approve of her Christmas outfit. Please give her my love, okay?

Takeaway - that is NOT a NJ term at all. That used to be what they called counter service places in the UK, back when I was there. It's one of my affections to use it.

Sciatic nerve out of the blue! I was in such pain. Only scampering helped. Slow made it worse.

Butter beer is like a frothy cream soda. It's quite yummy and very sweet.

My last classes of the term are Friday! I am done with all assignments, which is pretty wonderful, I have to say!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #1260
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

So we last left us leaving IOA and being very honest with the survey guy.

We headed to city walk. My sciatica was starting to dissipate. We stopped at Pat O'Briens because I knew Amiee and Kat had eaten there. And they had a piano bar!

At first it looked like we were going to have to wait for a table and not get food service at the bar or piano room. But a nice host helped us out, asking guys to move over at the bar, getting us seated and some hints about the piano room. We had a good meal here and one drink. Then we headed to the piano room.

We found a nice German couple with two extra chairs Well, I think they were German. He knew every song, the cheesier the better, and they spoke German. They smiled and did Cheers with us over drinks, and he sang bad songs loudly. It was funny. We settled in and stayed there until late. The patrons here were much much friendlier than at Jellyrolls. Like omg so friendly! I found the universal staff very friendly in general. But the patrons here were remarkably nicer than at Jellyrolls.

I drank a lot of corona and got giggly.

There were two women about our age, all dressed up, who were totally divorcees looking for older guys. They would go from guy group to guy group. The younger, 20's age, liked them. So did the late 40's. They were such players these women! They never stopped. A lot of lap sitting and picture taking. I was shaking my head at them but they were super nice to us. Like we were all in this crazy life together. I think at the end, the one ended up talking to a seemingly nice late 40's guy.

It was a good night but overall we just preferred the staff at Jellyrolls. Nicer waitresses and a nicer bathroom and we like the Jellyrolls style piano bar better. Jodi has been to a lot of piano bars in various cities including this chain and she just likes the Jellyrolls style better.

We looked for quick (drunk girl) food in vain on our way home and ended up ordering room service. Fast and efficient and friendly. Seriously we were like reviewers on this trip! We ate beach club, Kitchen and room service!

Had a good long sleep and then woke up, showered and packed. Checked our bags with bell services and went to the pool. We spent a nice two hours there and had poolside lunch. We liked the beach club food best of all. Great wait staff too. I made Jodi drink poolside cocktails!

Our van to the airport was even nicer than the first one and it was a lovely quiet ride to the airport. There might have been napping involved. We were super happy with these transfers. Easy peasy

We checked luggage and then shopped at the Disney store before going through security. Got some last minute souvenirs for our kids!

We had a nice flight home and watched Brave for free!

All in all it was a very relaxing trip. Highlights were Harry potter land, and the resort. It was just what we needed. We loved not feeling the "must be in the park" pressure. Not having all this history with the place was awesome. It allowed us to relax more.

We talked about what kind of girls trip we would do in the future and what we would do with our girls. It was fun! I'm always sad we can't live in vacation land!!!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: