Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #91
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Since I dragged out this TR for so long, I will completely steal an idea from MEK & show you a few highlights that some up our trip:

Brief stop at St. Augustine

YEAH!!!! I Love that sign!

Home for the week:

First stop:

can you tell we’d been drinking our way around the world?

Old 12-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #92
Moira222

Day 2 (Our first full day)

Day 3

Front row seats:

and a special gift from the Yacht & Beach Club Resorts for our very special anniversary:

(more later, I have to SOME work today )
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #93
Moira222

Day 4
my first rope drop show...in the rain

(do you know that ALL of my photos of Walt this day have a bird sitting on his head? )

Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #94
Moira222

Day 5

(I still laugh every time I look at this photo!)

(nope, not this time. Next time!)

Old 12-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #95
Moira222

Going home day

And that is the end Thanks for sharing in our Anniversary trip.

On a side note, I can barely contain my excitement as I learned that the sellers finally got all of their paperwork handed in to Disney. Our purchase should be going to Disney for ROFR within a few days and then we wait. I was hoping that since Disney had the paperwork once they would not take a full 30 days, but our broker has said that they will take another 30. boo.

Once everything goes through (positive thoughts and pixie dust that it does!) we'll be scrambling to make reservations. We are crazy enough to want to go the second week of February. Hmmmm can I make plans in that small a time? we shall see!

Old 12-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #96
KatMark
DIS Veteran

MaryEllen, loved the report and the picture highlights....great job!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #97
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
MaryEllen, loved the report and the picture highlights....great job!
Thanks Kathy! This TR had just gotten so low on my list I was feeling guilty - especially when MEK & Poly85 (my cousin) finished & they went after me!

I don't know how you kept up with a PTR and a TR at the same time!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #98
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your DVC and hoping your sale goes through now as smoothly as possible with no more delays... I hope that it all works out for February...

Oh... you had those Macadamia Nut Pancakes on the Big Kahuna at Kona... Love those... (it's now my DS's favorite Breakfast spot... think we'll have to do it next summer... but also need to do Crystal Palace too (never done before... can't believe it...)

I did enjoy your trip review in pictures... I hope that you do a tr for your next trip... & if it's in February that will be here before you know it...
Old 12-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #99
MEK
DIS Veteran

Yes - congratulations on your DVC purchase. I just skimmed your pics, so I didn't pay attention - where did you purchase? Sorry I am so clueless.

You have a few pictures that I absolutely love, but I am too lazy to cute and paste them. I absolutely love the one you got of the dock at the beach club. Hands down my favorite.

Also love your anniversary treat.

Refresh my memory again - did you leave in the morning or at night for your drive? I really want to stop in St Augustine on my way down this summer. But maybe I'll do it on the way back. Can't decide.

How was the drive back - was it terrible or not bad? I am worried about that. Anyway - I think I'll go back and see what I missed.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #100
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Congrats on your DVC and hoping your sale goes through now as smoothly as possible with no more delays... I hope that it all works out for February...

Oh... you had those Macadamia Nut Pancakes on the Big Kahuna at Kona... Love those... (it's now my DS's favorite Breakfast spot... think we'll have to do it next summer... but also need to do Crystal Palace too (never done before... can't believe it...)

I did enjoy your trip review in pictures... I hope that you do a tr for your next trip... & if it's in February that will be here before you know it...
Thanks! I will probably do another TR but will have to plan better with Joe pictures Lol

Our contract went for ROFR on 12/12. Waiting waiting waiting.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #101
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Yes - congratulations on your DVC purchase. I just skimmed your pics, so I didn't pay attention - where did you purchase? Sorry I am so clueless.

You have a few pictures that I absolutely love, but I am too lazy to cute and paste them. I absolutely love the one you got of the dock at the beach club. Hands down my favorite.

Also love your anniversary treat.

Refresh my memory again - did you leave in the morning or at night for your drive? I really want to stop in St Augustine on my way down this summer. But maybe I'll do it on the way back. Can't decide.

How was the drive back - was it terrible or not bad? I am worried about that. Anyway - I think I'll go back and see what I missed.
Mary Ellen, for the drive down, Joe picked m up at 7pm from work. To go home we left Saturday after breakfast, so 11ish I think. The drive was not that bad. Just bring good music or an audio book. St. Augustine was lovely. I would have liked a bit more time to explore, so stopping on the way home probably would have been better. Then the urge to get to Disney would not have been urging us to hurry.

I love that YC photo too, thanks. Sshhh i bought Joe a nice new camera for Christmas so maybe next trip he photos will be better!

We are buying OKW through resale. Tons of delays but the contract is with Disney for ROFR so we should be done by mid January. Fingers crossed that after all this waitthat Disney doesnt take their option.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #102
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Since I am the worst person EVER to just now be logging in to this fabulous TR I had to let you know how sorry I am to have missed it all and how much i LOVE the pics...Did I miss it? AND New DVC owners???? Please let me know when you start your next PTR so I am not in the dark and feeling

Just waiting on the children to wake up and sharing some holiday wishes.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #103
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Since I am the worst person EVER to just now be logging in to this fabulous TR I had to let you know how sorry I am to have missed it all and how much i LOVE the pics...Did I miss it? AND New DVC owners???? Please let me know when you start your next PTR so I am not in the dark and feeling

Just waiting on the children to wake up and sharing some holiday wishes.

Judy thanks for stopping by. I so know how crazy it gets - I am ages behind on your PTR which I believe includes your trip this past fall. You have oh so much going on!

Can you believe Katie got us up at 5 am this year? ugh! this is the earliest she has EVER woken us up. I was so tired that I videod her opening all her presents and then did something stupid and corrupted the file. UGH!

I wish you all a blessed and joyful Christmas!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #104
KatMark
DIS Veteran

MaryEllen, hope you, Joe and Katie had a very Merry Christmas.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #105
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
MaryEllen, hope you, Joe and Katie had a very Merry Christmas.

Thanks Kathy! We had a nice Christmas. I managed to get in a short nap around 9 am that got me through the day. It was a lot more quiet without Mom here - she was just so funny and could get everyone riled up and silly throughout the day.

Hope your Christmas was nice too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: