Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
boBQuincy
I am not carrying three pods
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"

A Short Photo Trip Report - Part 2

Part 1
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3033429

On the way back from the Studios we got off the boat at Swolphin dock since it is much quicker than staying on the boat for Boardwalk. Surprise, these resorts have their own dancing lights in the palm trees. A really nice touch!

Our final day was at Hollywood Studios, to see another new attraction, the Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow. The effects were really good and I expect Disney to put this technology to good use in other attractions.

We arrived about 9:30 and FP for Toy Story were long gone since we had to leave for Magical Express about 1:00. FP+ may make it less important to get to rope drop, I sure hope so.
Leaving is never fun but having one or two reserved trips "in the can" sure helps!

One final photo:

This is not exactly how Beast's castle looks from this angle but I liked the effect better than reality. These are the correct stars that would have been seen from this spot at this time but it was raining that night anyway.

All photos taken with a Panasonic G3

"Take the big pill, and go back to the SLR you know. Take the small micro 4/3 pill and you will never look at SLRs the same way again." a G3 and now a GX7. Photos at: suzieandbob.com

Our model monorail site: http://monorail.suzieandbob.com/

Last edited by boBQuincy; 12-31-2012 at 10:11 PM.
boBQuincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

I love it. It seems like a lot of new things to see. Nice shots! BTW did you happen to hear any rumors from the CM's about things like LMA, FOTLK, etc?
Gianna'sPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing them.
MomToPrincePhillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
boBQuincy
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianna'sPapa View Post
I love it. It seems like a lot of new things to see. Nice shots! BTW did you happen to hear any rumors from the CM's about things like LMA, FOTLK, etc?
The only rumors I believe are what I hear from the bus drivers and they weren't talking!

"Take the big pill, and go back to the SLR you know. Take the small micro 4/3 pill and you will never look at SLRs the same way again." a G3 and now a GX7. Photos at: suzieandbob.com

Old 12-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
junebugTN
Mouseketeer

I love these pictures -- lots of different sights that I hadn't seen before! Thanks for sharing them. It makes me want to head back around Christmastime again!

June
Old 12-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
Beep
My heart and soul live in Florida!

Thank you for sharing. I recently bought the GF2 and it was great to see your photos

UK Spending Game #5
Beep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

I'm on board. Great pics.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #8
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Really nice! I like them all.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #9
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I hope you had a great trip Bob! The shots are gorgeous. Love the DHS tree through the boat window and the Swalphin trees!

Did you spend much time in New Fantasyland?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #10
boBQuincy

New Fantasyland? Is it open yet?

Yep, we spent quite a bit of time there especially considering the lines for Belle and Ariel's ride were both about an hour. It was partly our fault for going to MK on a busy day (Monday) and for getting up late and missing rope drop. We had some LeFou's Brew, not bad. All that sugar gets you hoisting your mug and singing Gaston's song!
We left FLE about lunchtime and returned about 6:30 for dinner at BOG. After that we rode with Ariel again, a walk-on at 8:30 on a rainy night.

We saw most of Storybook Circus in October but we will be back with our two FairyGodDaughters in May and we plan to spend a *lot* of time in New Fantasyland then.

How was your trip?

Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #11
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBQuincy View Post
New Fantasyland? Is it open yet?

Yep, we spent quite a bit of time there especially considering the lines for Belle and Ariel's ride were both about an hour. It was partly our fault for going to MK on a busy day (Monday) and for getting up late and missing rope drop. We had some LeFou's Brew, not bad. All that sugar gets you hoisting your mug and singing Gaston's song!
We left FLE about lunchtime and returned about 6:30 for dinner at BOG. After that we rode with Ariel again, a walk-on at 8:30 on a rainy night.

We saw most of Storybook Circus in October but we will be back with our two FairyGodDaughters in May and we plan to spend a *lot* of time in New Fantasyland then.

How was your trip?

LOL, I did hear a little something about it being open.

We ended up waiting through a 70 minute Belle line twice. I really think that one slowed down because of the FP+ test. It drove me nuts to see all the people coming through that alternate entrance as we stood there barely moving at all.

We did Ariel 3 times (all with FP). I just couldn't decide which lens to shoot with and kept wanting to try again!

We also enjoyed Gaston's Tavern. I didn't try LeFou's Brew, but did have a cinammon roll by the fireplace one morning. I really enjoyed that.

We ate in every room at BOG and loved every minute of it. I wanted to feel like we had really experienced it, and we did. Very challenging to photograph though. I sold my Tokina 11-16 in favor of the Canon 10-22 a while bck, but i reall found myself wishing for that 2.8 aperture in there. And I definitely wanted to be wide.

Your shots are wonderful. I can't wait for you to post more.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: