Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
ahammers
Earning My Ears

GTV rates & onboard credits

Hi, I am thinking of booking our first Disney cruise in February. I am looking at booking a VGT rate. If I book thru a travel agent can I get the on board credits they offer? I also have a Disney visa will I still get the $50 credit for using it to pay for the cruise. Hope this all make sense. I am new Disney cruise lines.
Thanks
Amy
ahammers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You can get only one offer from Disney. The VGT rate is a special, so it cannot be combined with the Disney Visa OBC.

However, you can combine this rate with anything your travel agent may offer. Yes, you can get their OBC or other "thanks for booking with us" perk.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

Visa OBC

I had a disappointment today. I have Paid in Full for my cruise using my Disney Visa for all but $350 or the $4200 total which I used Capital One points to pay for. When I asked about the OBC, the CM said that because I had used another card for part of my purchase, I was ineligible for OBC. He did say they could credit my $350 back to Cap One and if I used my Visa to pay for that, I would be eligible. The $350 used up 35000 points on my Cap One card which I cannot get back, so I guess I'd rather save the $350 than get a $50 OBC. Still it was a little bit of a disappointment. I was looking forward to the OBC. Gotta save where we can!
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleophus12 View Post
I had a disappointment today. I have Paid in Full for my cruise using my Disney Visa for all but $350 or the $4200 total which I used Capital One points to pay for. When I asked about the OBC, the CM said that because I had used another card for part of my purchase, I was ineligible for OBC. He did say they could credit my $350 back to Cap One and if I used my Visa to pay for that, I would be eligible. The $350 used up 35000 points on my Cap One card which I cannot get back, so I guess I'd rather save the $350 than get a $50 OBC. Still it was a little bit of a disappointment. I was looking forward to the OBC. Gotta save where we can!
You are absolutely correct that using a different credit card for part of your cruise payment eliminates to possibility of the Disney Visa credit.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

Just got off the Fantasy this morning. We had a VGT booking and were also given the $50 Disney Chase Visa OBC. We also received a $25 OBC for booking directly online with DCL, so that's two more perks in addition to our VGT rate. We would definitely do this again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: