Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #196
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #17, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

It gives detailed official information about the Armed Forces Salute Tickets, including blockout dates.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #197
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by allboyz View Post
Hi! My husband was finally able to get some time off of work. Unfortunately, it falls the first week of April. I called the Disney line and even though their system was not up she told me that that is during the blackout period.
She said the hotel or tickets could not be used. I asked her about SOG special tickets and she said they also could not be used. I'm not sure what we are going to do. I don't know if they have any special packages for a family of 4. They probably would not offer it during that week anyway. If any of you have ideas for us (besides changing my husband's vacation times..that is not possible) I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
The Armed Forces Salute Tickets are blocked out 24 March - 4 April 2013 and rooms 25 March - 4 April 2013, but you can still use the regular military discounted Magic Your Way Tickets from Shades or your base ticket office.

Shades does have a special in April but it doesn't start till the 6th.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #198
erinclemmer
Earning My Ears

I have a question that I've yet to see an answer to. We are going to Disney in January and getting military salute tickets. We want to buy the water park option, but want to save those admissions for a return trip in the summer. It's too cold to swim in January, but for our family of 4 to turn down 4 days in the water parks for about $100 would be crazy! Since we are plan to go back in June does anyone know if those 4 water park admissions will be valid in June. Since the promotion is still active at that time I was hoping to find out that we could use them then.
erinclemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 PM   #199
Steve TLT
Disney Armed Forces Salute Expert - USAF Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinclemmer View Post
I have a question that I've yet to see an answer to. We are going to Disney in January and getting military salute tickets. We want to buy the water park option, but want to save those admissions for a return trip in the summer. It's too cold to swim in January, but for our family of 4 to turn down 4 days in the water parks for about $100 would be crazy! Since we are plan to go back in June does anyone know if those 4 water park admissions will be valid in June. Since the promotion is still active at that time I was hoping to find out that we could use them then.
Hi erinclemmer,

When you buy the Armed Forces Salute tickets with the Water Park & More option the four park days and four WP&M entrances all expire on 28 Sept 2013.

So your plan will be just fine!

Have fun.

WDW fan "resume": Wide eyed kid, Disney World Castmember, Day Guest, Multi-Day Guest, Family Trips, Just us two, Disney Military blogger. Walt was a Genius!

Visitor's Center Spring '71 | MK '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '85 | EPCOT '85 | WDW Cast Member 12/85-12/88 Tomorrowland Terrace (old school, not the new one) | MK '89, '90, '91, '92, '93 | MGM '91 | EPCOT '93 | Tokyo Disney '93 | MK '95, '96 | AK '98 | Disneyland '99, '00 | Shades of Green June '00 | All Star Movies Christmas '01 | Wilderness Lodge April '03 | CBR/Contemp Tower Nov '03 (F&W Fest) | Wilderness Lodge Villas Nov '05 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green/Beach Club Nov '07 (F&W Fest) | Coronado Springs Oct '09 (F&W Fest) | Animal Kingdom Lodge Nov '10 (F&W Fest) | Shades of Green Jun '11 | PO Riverside Aug '11 | Swan Nov '11 (F&W Fest) | Pop Century Jan '12 | PO Riverside May '12 (Heroes Work Here Event) | AS Sports May '12 | AKL Oct '12 (F&W Fest) | Shades/AS Sports Jul '13 | Beach Club Concierge Sep-Oct 13 (F&W Fest) | PO Riverside Nov '13 (Heroes University Event) - Do you see a trend? We love the Food and Wine Festival
Steve TLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #200
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

This is a "canned" response modified for the Armed Forces Salute 2012/2013 tickets with the assumption you have both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More (WPF&M) options.

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. In effect you have two tickets with different privileges on one card. Everything expires at Midnight on Saturday September 28, 2013. Even if you use up all your major park days, the WPF&M entries remain valid until used or 9/28/13. (Note you do not have to use the days consecutively.)

You have four days of access to the four major parks (AK, DHS, EC, MK), and may visit more than one major park on a single day without any extra charges. Without the Park Hopper option you can only go to one major park per day.

You have four entries to the minor parks (BB, DQ, OT, TL, WWS, FG, W-SL). These may or may not be used on the same days as you go to the major parks. However, if you went to TL in the morning, Oak Trail in the afternoon, and Disney Quest in the evening of one day you would have used three of the four entries. (Note that leaving and returning to the same minor park on the same day does not use an extra entry.)

If you go to minor parks only on one day and do not go to a major park you do not use up one of your major park days.

If you were to go to a Water Park in the morning and then one of the major parks for the remainder of the day you would have used one minor park entry and one day of major park entry.

Note that with the ticket unless you have the hopper option you can only go to one major park per day. Unless you have the WPF&M option you cannot go to a minor park without upgrading or purchasing a separate ticket.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #201
erinclemmer
Earning My Ears

2 words- Wow and Thanks! That clears up a lot.
erinclemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #202
hljoo8
Earning My Ears

Based on the fact that they just started the new ad campaign about hiring veterans, don't you think that would go hand-in-hand with offering the military discounts?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #203
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljoo8 View Post
Based on the fact that they just started the new ad campaign about hiring veterans, don't you think that would go hand-in-hand with offering the military discounts?

crostorfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: