Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #136
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
For us it's monorail to the MK and boat back. One stop each way. Just makes sense to us.
They actually tell you at the front desk when you check in to take the Monorail there and boat back. We are rebels.

As for us, we much prefer just the 3 of us, or I think the most we have ever had was 2 other families with us, on a nice laid back ride on the boat -which sometimes stops at the Poly in the morning and sometimes just goes direct to MK in our experience, over standing in line for the monorail, sometimes getting on and sometimes not because of the crowds, and when you do get on in the mornings by the time the monorail gets to the GF, in our experience it is usually standing room only and being packed in like sardines, and sometimes being hit with strollers. We took the monorail to MK on check out day since we were already in the main building after checking our bags, and my DD (6) looked at me and said "Why are we on this crowded thing instead of the boat?"
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #137
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm

They actually tell you at the front desk when you check in to take the Monorail there and boat back. We are rebels.

As for us, we much prefer just the 3 of us, or I think the most we have ever had was 2 other families with us, on a nice laid back ride on the boat -which sometimes stops at the Poly in the morning and sometimes just goes direct to MK in our experience, over standing in line for the monorail, sometimes getting on and sometimes not because of the crowds, and when you do get on in the mornings by the time the monorail gets to the GF, in our experience it is usually standing room only and being packed in like sardines, and sometimes being hit with strollers. We took the monorail to MK on check out day since we were already in the main building after checking our bags, and my DD (6) looked at me and said "Why are we on this crowded thing instead of the boat?"
In all my years I have never seen the boat go straight to the Mk from the GF and bypass the Poly. I wonder why/how that happened.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #138
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
In all my years I have never seen the boat go straight to the Mk from the GF and bypass the Poly. I wonder why/how that happened.
Don't know, but we went to MK 2 mornings and 1 evening by boat, on our trip the week after Thanksgiving this yearand one morning we went straight to MK and the other morning we pulled up to the Poly dock and we didn't even dock the boat because there was no one waiting or even walking toward the boat from afar. The evening trip, I think we picked up one family or maybe two at the Poly, but it was still a really quick stop. We had pretty much the exact same experience the year before (same week). That trip we also had one of the mornings that we bypassed the Poly and went straight to the MK. I have no clue why it happened either time, and we didn't expect it, but we're certainly not complaining!
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: