Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Rotational Dining Question-- 4 night Magic

So, do I have this straight? We will visit all three restaurants and then on the last night we will repeat the one we visited on the first night. Is that correct? If so, then should I request a specific rotation? What's everyone's favorite restaurant on the Magic? Also, is there one restaurant that's preferable to be in on pirate night? --Katie
Old 12-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
So, do I have this straight? We will visit all three restaurants and then on the last night we will repeat the one we visited on the first night. Is that correct? If so, then should I request a specific rotation? What's everyone's favorite restaurant on the Magic? Also, is there one restaurant that's preferable to be in on pirate night? --Katie
Which itinerary? Depending on what night is Pirate night, you would probably repeat that MDR. Example: if Pirate night is night 3, the roatation might be 1233, or even 1223. If Pirate night were night 2 the rotation might be 1223, or 1123.

You can request a specific rotation, but DCL will point out it's just a request. We've always just gone with what DCL gives us. We've had Pirate night in Animators, Parrot Cay, as well as Lumiere's. The general ambiance in the MDR, as well as the themed costumes on the servers, make the meal, not the room.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984

Last edited by PrincessShmoo; 12-17-2012 at 05:44 PM.
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Which itinerary? Depending on what night is Pirate night, you would probably repeat that MDR. Example: if Pirate night is night 3, the roatation might be 1233, or even 1223. If Pirate night were night 2 the rotation might be 1223, or 1123.

You can request a specific rotation, but DCL will point out it's just a request. We've always just gone with what DCL gives us. We've had Pirate night in Animators, Parrot Cay, as well as Lumiere's. The general ambiance in the MDR, as well as the themed costumes on the servers, make the meal, not the room.

Pirate night is on night 3. Boy am I confused now!! Maybe it's too much trouble to request? If you could do any dining room twice, which would it be? --Katie
Old 12-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You will have the signature menu from each restaurant once and the pirate menu will be served in all restaurants on pirate night. SO, what you are asking is which decor people like best or want to sit at twice.

In my opinion, that's not a big deal at all. It doesn't matter where I sit on pirate night. I'm much more concerned about a great serving team or how my adult dining corresponds with a menu that I like less than some of the others.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
RedxPanda
DIS Veteran

In may, we did a 4 night. We had a rotation of APPL. PIrate night landed on the third night, which happened to be Parrot Cay. The menu is the same in all, but the decor is tropical and worked well with the all the pirates around us. That also meant our dressiest night was in PC as well, which isn't my top choice for photos.

Past Sailings/Recent Trips
CCL Triumph - 7N E. Caribbean - 12/2006
NCL POA - 7N Hawaii - 3/2010
CBR - 4 Parks 4 Days - 5/2010
Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas - 5/2012 - Trip Report
Disney Wonder - 5N W. Caribbean - 1/28/2013 - CC Review - Trip Report
CCL Dream - 7N W. Caribbean - 6/22/13 - Port Reviews
RedxPanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: