Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #1
Himmin
Mouseketeer

GTY - Room for specific Category

Hi All

We have come to book a cruise with a 9c cabin and it says that we can not choose our room but we can accept a GTY. Can someone please explain exactly what is meant by this? Does this mean we are guaranteed at least a 9c we just dont know which one?

Thanks for all your help!!
Himmin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #2
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himmin
Hi All

We have come to book a cruise with a 9c cabin and it says that we can not choose our room but we can accept a GTY. Can someone please explain exactly what is meant by this? Does this mean we are guaranteed at least a 9c we just dont know which one?

Thanks for all your help!!
You are guaranteed a 9c or better. Currently they've sold all the 9c rooms. If someone cancels, you get theirs. If not, you get a free upgrade.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

DCL currently has no 9Cs available for booking, either because they are all sold out or because some people have 24-48 hour holds on them. They also figure some people will cancel their reservations before the cruise and they want to keep that price point open.

What it means to you is that you CAN book a 9C at that price. If a 9C becomes available, they may place you in it. If it does not, they will upgrade you to a more costly cabin (at no additional expense to you). SO, the lowest level of cabin you can be assigned is the 9C.

Don't worry--while DCL will oversell some categories, they will never oversell the ship. You WILL have a cabin on the ship that will hold the number of people you have booked. You just don't know which cabin or what category it will be. What they CANNOT do is to put you in a lower cabin than you paid for--they cannot book you into a cat 10 or 11.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

If location of your stateroom is a particular concern for you, you would want to look for another category that will allow you to choose a specific stateroom. Otherwise, with a 9C-GTY you will be assigned at least a 9C room (possibly a free upgrade), but it could be anywhere on the ship and you may not know the room assignment until just a couple of weeks before the departure date.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
Green Tea
I don't do hatchets

Someone here recently reported a situation where they booked a specific category guarantee, like a 9C or whatever. They were assigned to a lessor category within the same number....like a 9E instead of the C or better. DCL insisted a guarantee was for that NUMBER or better, not the category within the number or better. Many here expressed that DCL was wrong, but I do not recall an update that it ever got resolved.
Green Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
lodge
DIS Veteran

that's it, but sometimes a "better" room isn't better (location is a major factor- like an upgrade to a porthole room may be nice, unless it has no view and is far forward on the ship).
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:21 AM   #7
wdw_monster
Mouseketeer

We recently booked an 11b gty and when we revived our room numbers the other day we were upgraded to a 9d

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tea View Post
Someone here recently reported a situation where they booked a specific category guarantee, like a 9C or whatever. They were assigned to a lessor category within the same number....like a 9E instead of the C or better. DCL insisted a guarantee was for that NUMBER or better, not the category within the number or better. Many here expressed that DCL was wrong, but I do not recall an update that it ever got resolved.
I remember this as well, and as far as I recall the OP never posted an update or final resolution (of course I could have missed it, getting old you know ) regarding their talks with DCL.
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
swissgirl66
Mouseketeer

why gty when I booked otherwise

Hi there, last week I mad a booking for the July 21 cruise on Disney dream. This time my little girl wanted a cabin with a big porthole to sit in and my husband wanted to be as high up as possible, thats why we booked a 8B (Deluxe Family Oceanview on Deck 9), there are no other 8Bs on any other deck and the number of all 8Bs is quite limited. But as it was in the system, I booked it and other then the last 3 times, I did not receive immediately a cabin number, no the sent the confirmation with 8B gty.

When I called, the lady tried to talk me into an upgrade, but this would have been on a much lower deck and this is not what I booked. Up to today, Disney still sells that category, but the lady on the phone said, unless anybody cancells, there are not 8Bs available.

What should I do? I am so frustrated, and nobody can explain what went wrong, I did not accept a gty cabin but now I am stuck????

can anybody tell me their similar experience.

: DW 47, DH 46, DD 9
swissgirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: