Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
dawn117
Mouseketeer

Changing things...

Guess this is a downside of a "Christmas surprise" cruise--I had to choose excursions without input from some key family members. They will find out about the cruise on the 25th and the cruise starts on the 29th. Would it be possible to switch excursions (assuming availability) and/or cancel Palo brunch if there are opinions that are different from mine, or will it be too late on the 25th? Thanks!!
dawn117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
neg58
DIS Veteran

You can cancel excursions up until 3 days before you sail. You can add right up until the excursion starts if there is room. I'm not sure if you can do it online in that 3 day window before departure, but you can call.

When you look at another excursion, a warning will come up that you already have excursion at that time. You can then select that you want the new one and the old one will cancel. BUT you have to confirm that you want the new one in the upper right hand corner after you make the change.

My kids know we are going and still were of little help! I've switched the snorkeling on St. Thomas three times. I considered just not booking anything and seeing what was left when we got there, but I finally split the difference from the 6 hour tour and the 3 hour one and we're doing the 4 hour one. Price difference was split too.
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn117
Guess this is a downside of a "Christmas surprise" cruise--I had to choose excursions without input from some key family members. They will find out about the cruise on the 25th and the cruise starts on the 29th. Would it be possible to switch excursions (assuming availability) and/or cancel Palo brunch if there are opinions that are different from mine, or will it be too late on the 25th? Thanks!!
Your account will be charged 3 days before but you can also drop stuff after you board or change things around as long as its at least a day before port. I've done that with no problem.

Edited to add: I did this on a very long cruise though so it was very flexible. I don't know how long yours is or how many sea days you have to do it. Only thing you can do is ask once you board.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

It depends....up to 3 days in advance, you can make any changes you want--no penalty.

You can attempt to change things on the ship. An excursion can be cancelled, but unless they can "sell" your spot to someone else, you will be charged. Palo dinner can be cancelled up to 2 pm the day of the dinner without charge; spa reservations you must give 24 hours notice or incur a charge of 1/2 of the service.

Most of the locations are really good about moving reservations. The longer the cruise, the more flexible they are.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: