Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

Resort Reservations and Photopass Plus

Not sure that this is the best place for this, but it is to do with our resort reservations so I thought I would start here.

On November 16 while I was already on the phone with a reservation agent about another matter I added the Photopass Plus to our reservation for January. I was expecting to pay for it that day, but was assured that it could just be added to our reservation and I could just make the one final payment (which I did on Saturday). I got a confirmation right away that our package cost did go up the appropriate amount, but nowhere can I see that we have now prepurchased the Photopass Plus - not on any reservation emails, the Disney site or the Photopass site. Has anyone else put the Photopass on the resort reservation?

edited to add: I have sent an inquiry through the Photopass site, but it could be 2 to 4 days until I receive a response. I don't want to phone unless I have to.

Last edited by Muddypaws; 12-17-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Muddypaws is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Melodious
DIS Veteran

I've never done that. Has it been 14 days and you haven't received anything in the mail? You need the voucher they mail you
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

I am afraid to wait until our Mickey Mail comes to find out if there is a voucher since we tend to get it fairly late. We are currently 43 days out. I would just like to see it somewhere (anywhere!) that we really do have it prepurchased. Right now I have absolutely no proof that I have paid for it except for our package bill going up about $150.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
rmgreenesq
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

I recently purchased Photopass Plus for my upcoming trip to WDW. I ordered it directly through the Photopass Plus website. About a week later, I got a package from Georgia that contained the photopass voucher (the magic piece of paper that gets you the photopass plus) taped to the outside of the a DVD case. Inside the DVD case was a CD with 400 stock photos and a voucher for one photoplus CD.

I'd be willing to bet that the cast member simply imported your information from your resort rez into the photopass plus system and hit send. Watch your mailbox.

Rick
rmgreenesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I've never done it personally, but yes, resort reservations does have the ability to order the PP+ for you in a similar way that they can order you party tickets.

The party tickets, even if ordered through them don't show up on any reservation info... I'm willing to be PP+ is the same way.

I'd wait to hear back from PP (you have to order it 14 days in advance, so you've got time) or call Resort Reservations and see if they can look up the transaction. That can be iffy though.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
shpdem
Mouseketeer

Not sure if this will help you or not, but i spoke with a cm today and added on the photopass as well. She told me that everything would be waiting for me at the FD when i checked it the lanyard all the details on how to use it and everything else would be in my packet at the desk. she also said i would recieve more info with my documents. So i'm hoping she is correct, she sounded like it. i asked her if i needed to ask them for anything upon check-in and she said no so I will find out for sure in Feb

shpdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #7
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

I hope this is correct. It is just disconcerting that there is nothing on any of my records or accounts to say that I have purchased it. When I have prepurchased that Photopass in the past it shows up in the "my account" section of the photopass site and there is nothing this time. Hopefully I will hear back from Disney today or tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #8
shpdem
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
I hope this is correct. It is just disconcerting that there is nothing on any of my records or accounts to say that I have purchased it. When I have prepurchased that Photopass in the past it shows up in the "my account" section of the photopass site and there is nothing this time. Hopefully I will hear back from Disney today or tomorrow.
I know they are updating there site to a new page and there are alot of bugs right now. yesterday when i logged into my account they couldn't even find my reservation online. its there now but as you said it doesn't show the detail listing with pp but the price went up that amount.

shpdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
kkbutterfly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpdem View Post
Not sure if this will help you or not, but i spoke with a cm today and added on the photopass as well. She told me that everything would be waiting for me at the FD when i checked it the lanyard all the details on how to use it and everything else would be in my packet at the desk. she also said i would recieve more info with my documents. So i'm hoping she is correct, she sounded like it. i asked her if i needed to ask them for anything upon check-in and she said no so I will find out for sure in Feb
That's awesome! I was worried about forgetting my certificate for the card! (and then loosing the code for the CD)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #10
hoffmann2828
Schooling my daughter in the Disney Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbutterfly

That's awesome! I was worried about forgetting my certificate for the card! (and then loosing the code for the CD)
I have the voucher (didn't do a pkg) and I'm scared to death were going to forget it!!! I'm almost having nightmares. if we were driving, I'd have it in the glove box!!! But we're flying....so nervous!!

THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!
hoffmann2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
Muddypaws
Mouseketeer

I received a reply to my inquiry about not being able to see anywhere that we have actually purchased the Photopass Plus. I am reassured, but it still is something that Disney will have to address in the near future...

Thank you for your interest in our new PhotoPass+ pre-order offer!

We apologize for the misunderstanding with your vacation package. We do see that you have added PhotoPass+ to your vacation package. You should be receiving a packet of vouchers at your resort front desk upon check-in, and your PhotoPass+ voucher should be included with that. You may exchange that voucher at any of our photo view locations in our theme parks for your PhotoPass+ package. Should you have any further questions regarding your vacation package, please feel free to contact the Disney Reservation Center at (407) W-DISNEY.

We hope you have a magical vacation!

Sincerely,

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: