Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #31
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGA View Post
That would be tough to take 3 and 5 yo's, definately check on the kids club, but make sure your kids will not get angry if they have to leave the beach while you go snorkeling.
5 y/o and I will be going snorkeling and DH and DS can hang out at the beach, while we go or do whatever they want, so DS won't have to be left in the kid's club.
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #32
DisneyMissy
Mouseketeer

I have been MIA for a while, but it sounds like your plans are coming along well! You can't find out your exact rotation, but the third and fourth night repeat with the third night being the Pirate Night (with a different menu) so you'll never have the same menu twice. We skipped out on Palo dinner, but booked the brunch instead. I didn't want to miss any of the dinners.

1991: Port Orleans Resort, August 1992: 5th Birthday at Carribean Beach Resort, December 1994: Offsite, August 2007:Pop Century, May 2009: Graduation Celebration at Pop Century, June 2009: Offsite, nieces' first trip (ages 2 and 5 months), April 2011: Offsite, Belle's first trip to Disney World (8 months), April 2012: VGC, First trip to Disney Land
DisneyMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #33
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

I've been so busy lately that it seems like the cruise is just sneaking up on me, which is great because I'm gonna be SOOO ready for a vacation by January!

I've been preparing for the LONG ride, each of the kids is getting a Leapster for Christmas. I braved the black Friday shopping at Wal-mart and got them for $20. They're each getting 2 leapster games from my mom for Christmas too. I plan to grab a few more Disney movies that they haven't seen to keep them entertained on the way too.

I bought stuff to make my Fish Extender, but haven't started on it yet, I also need to start working on my Fish extender gifts. Tomorrow night I have bible study/craft night at my house. My crafting friends will be coming over for our bible study and I've got my craft room super clean and set up for everyone to work on their own stuff. I think my project will be fish extenders! Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have a picture to share!

I've been thinking about packing a few things. I've switched out the kid's dressers with their winter clothes, so I'm thinking that I may pack out bags for the boat already, that way I don't have to dig through a bunch of stuff to find swimming suits and warm weather clothes. I can also get their pirate costumes packed.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #34
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Yesterday I booked a studio villa at the Ron Jon Resort for January 12th! I'm really excited to stay there. It looks like there will be a lot there to keep the kids entertained since they will have been riding in a van for most of 3 days by then!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #35
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

30 days until we hit the road!!! DH has pinpointed a few kid friendly and hopefully energy draining roadside attractions along the way.

This week I have ordered a new swimsuit for me and just got new swim trunks for the hubs! I also had a Thrity One Party and got some new bags ordered to use, I plan to start packing as soon as I get them. I may even do a little before that

A cold front just arrived in Kansas yesterday, making me even happier to head to Florida in a month!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:12 AM   #36
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

I think the harder I try to save up vacation time, the more I have to use! Last week I stayed home a couple days with sick kids and now I have to stay home all week after a laprascopic surgery for an ectopic pregnancy! I at least should be all healed up by the time we leave on January 10th!
Old 12-23-2012, 02:25 AM   #37
ronetta
Earning My Ears

So Glad you are almost on vacation! I am getting married on Cast Away Cay in June! CAN'T WAIT! Like you, I have been planning what seems like, forever. However; super excited and ready
ronetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #38
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Congratulations! I bet your wedding is going to be amazing!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #39
MissieTodd
Earning My Ears

Congrats!
MissieTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #40
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

So close now!!! Have a great time
Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #41
eculmone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkochrn View Post
I think the harder I try to save up vacation time, the more I have to use! Last week I stayed home a couple days with sick kids and now I have to stay home all week after a laprascopic surgery for an ectopic pregnancy! I at least should be all healed up by the time we leave on January 10th!
Hope all goes well and you are all healthy and ready to RELAX

How far are you driving? We had a portable dvd player and that helps travelling time go by

How's your dad doing? How are you? I'm sorry for your loss - You deserve this time
RPH - 2010; HRH - 2011; GF-2011; Disneyland California 2012; Disney Cruise & HRH 2013; AKL-2014

eculmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #42
eculmone
Mouseketeer

Did you get your FE gifts made? What did you make?
RPH - 2010; HRH - 2011; GF-2011; Disneyland California 2012; Disney Cruise & HRH 2013; AKL-2014

Old 01-07-2013, 05:02 AM   #43
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eculmone View Post
Did you get your FE gifts made? What did you make?
I did not get my gifts made, since I haven't had time this past week. I had a couple different ideas, one of them was to make each cabin a set of coasters.

My Dad ended up in the hospital, his melanoma has spread to his brain. We were planning to do radiation, which would give him an extra few hopefully good months, but can not get rid of it completely. Yesterday after weighing out the pros and cons he decided he did not want to go through radiation, which means he will probably only have weeks left with us.

I will be calling today to cancel my cruise with plans to re-book later in the spring and hopefully take my Mom along also. I think it will be good for her to get away and get a vacation by that time.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #44
matt&jakesmom
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear about your dad. Enjoy these last remaining months with him. God's blessings to you and your family during this diffult time.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #45
eculmone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkochrn View Post
I did not get my gifts made, since I haven't had time this past week. I had a couple different ideas, one of them was to make each cabin a set of coasters.

My Dad ended up in the hospital, his melanoma has spread to his brain. We were planning to do radiation, which would give him an extra few hopefully good months, but can not get rid of it completely. Yesterday after weighing out the pros and cons he decided he did not want to go through radiation, which means he will probably only have weeks left with us.

I will be calling today to cancel my cruise with plans to re-book later in the spring and hopefully take my Mom along also. I think it will be good for her to get away and get a vacation by that time.
Sometimes it's so hard to understand why? I'm sooooo sorry. Just know that when God shuts a door, somewhere he opens a window. God bless you and your family

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: