Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #196
Becky2005
I actually thought they made Leg Warmers to keep your legs WARM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Everyone knows 1st time moms usually go late, and just about no one has the baby on their actual due date!
Aha...this is why due dates started popping up on this thread.

I'm one of those first time moms that had their baby on their due date & not only that but she arrived after 3 hours of labor -- although I suppose I was in labor earlier but I had no idea....basically *thought* it might be labor called the doctor, doc said to wait until closer together & then oops water broke -- went to hospital. Three hours later baby was born.

I really freaked out though and thought something was seriously wrong since all you ever hear is how you are supposed to have these super long labors and well...mine wasn't. I was a bit freaked out that it was happening quickly -- so I do like to tell first time moms that it CAN go quickly.

By the time I got to baby #4 -- I did get a strange look when I told them how far apart the contractions were but then did the "fast labors, big babies & it is #4" and got the "Oh" look on why I was there at that point.

My other 3 were pretty close to due dates - always a bit late but within a week or so but only my first was exactly on her due date.

Becky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #197
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

Yep, I went early with my first by two weeks. I was very surprised when my water broke.

I had a scheduled c-section with the second, 2 weeks ahead of due date. Thank goodness the doc listened to me when we scheduled the date. I was in a pretty regular, active labor pattern when I checked in to the hospital. Contractions were less than 5 minutes apart.

And I'm still not ready for Christmas. I finally have a tree up and I've bought a few presents. It still looks like I'll be last-minute shopping this weekend. Bummer.
turkeymama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 02:16 AM   #198
hellokitty86
If I didn't wear it myself- I would want my husband to wear it!
DH does call me a toilet paper snob
Did the lovebugs bother you too, like they bothered me??!

This thread reminds me a lot of the true story "Find Me" by Rosie O'Donnell. In the book she talks about a fan she meets online that claimed to be a pregnant (very young maybe 12-13 year old) teenager. Eventually she discovers the person was a grown adult suffering from multiple personality disorder.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #199
LisaInNc
Succulent Wild Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterKathy View Post
She's gone. Both of her.

And put up our tree last Sunday and finished decorating it last night!
She will find a way to get back, they always do.

I was cynical because she seemed so rational. If that happened to me......I have 2 words.................... Lorana Bobbet

I got sucked in and started to really believe it when one of the Moderators said she was going to get her address because I knew they have way of knowing who is posting because of the IP

So I am chalking this one up to it was an entertaining fairy tale. Hell, I don't believe Cinderella either but I still love to hear the tale!

Lisa
LisaInNc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:41 AM   #200
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffyn View Post

we once ran into a person who was a very good liar........ sold a friend a horse (across country) & it arrived wrong breed & spray painted!!

What?! While this is shameful, I couldn't help but laugh.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: