Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
Dogsambam
Mouseketeer

First tome Disney Cruises. What should we know?

We are setting sail on our first Disney cruise on Dec. 23 on the Wonder. We have a 7 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. What are some things we should know? Things we need to do when we board? Special events to book either prior to boarding or when we board? We have heard about A tea event for the kids, and have no clue when to book that. A gingerbread house making event on the Christmas cruise?

Any info would be very appreciated.
Dogsambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
Otimon
DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful cruise.

Best thing you can do for information is to begin reading the DIS Boards. All the information you need is here.

The DCL website, or a call to DCL, will also give you information on a specific event you may be interested in for your particular cruise.

Best wishes.
Otimon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

The tea and gingerbread houses are both limited ticketed events despite being free they frequently run out of tickets. Go straight to guest services on boarding to obtain tickets. For more general information I'd try here-
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise...first-time.htm
Or this FAQ-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966
I read both end to end before my first cruise. Very informative.
If you have more time to read, I'd recommend Passporter's Guide to the Disney Cruise Line.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
CaskPeg
Mouseketeer

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Good Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsambam View Post
We are setting sail on our first Disney cruise on Dec. 23 on the Wonder. We have a 7 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. What are some things we should know? Things we need to do when we board? Special events to book either prior to boarding or when we board? We have heard about A tea event for the kids, and have no clue when to book that. A gingerbread house making event on the Christmas cruise?

Any info would be very appreciated.
Both previous posters gave you really good advice about the DISboards/ DCL line site and such. Because of the date of the cruise...you will have to book on board when you arrive for those events. If you desire a dinner at Palo's that should also be booked at that location( this is adults only however). Next time you cruise...you will have a pre-boarding booking window for events...but this time it will be strictly upon boarding. You will be in the general line for boarding also on this trip. Make sure you keep your KTTW( Key to the World ) on you at all times and secure! ENJOY your Disney Experience on DCL! And Merry Christmas!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Actually the Tea with Alice (or other character) and gingerbread house activities are not available to book before boarding regardless of Castaway status. I suppose if you're concierge, you could ask them to get you tickets.
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
FREEZIN
FREEZIN

You should be prepared to visit the Future Cruise desk,and booking
another.You are going to have a BLAST!
FREEZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Take a hiliter with you. Each day in the navigator which is your onboard Bible it will tell you what is happening when where what characters will be out at what time and where etc. You'll get a copy when you board and each night for the next day. Hilite what you want to do each day and don't try and do it all. You won't be able to. Do carry a camera where ever you go and bring a plastic drinking glass with you. There's a free soda fountain on deck 10 aft ( I think that's the deck I don't remember off hand) that is 24/7. Just use the DCL cups to fill it.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Lori1960
Mouseketeer

first time cruiser

I would alos do what the other people suggested read the boards.Also you might want to bring 2 things to drop off at Guest services to have the charcter sign cause its hard for the characters to sign anything that isn't the autograph book.You should also bring candy or gum to guest services as a thankyou for them having the characters sign something
Lori1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
DisneyHookedMe
Earning My Ears

I posted a lot of tips for the first timer yesterday. Just look for the post from the returning first time cruiser.
DisneyHookedMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: