Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #571
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

What a shame about the Mickey bar. I was tempted to order one from room service, but never did. I love the photo of Stitch even if it is a bit grainy.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #572
MEK
DIS Veteran

A Margaritaville with a pool? Now THAT's something you don't see every day? Oh the liability. Guess its not a concern in Grand Cayman.

Thanks for the bus tour. I actually really like seeing the true local streets and houses versus the touristy stuff.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #573
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I think they mustíve been doing some remodeling, as all the bedroom furniture was outside.

Is it just me, or does the furniture look to big for the house.

Thanks for the tour! I remember Lisa pictures when they cruised and I agree the your Island looks neater and cleaner.

You have 2 accounts there! Well, Hello my friend!

So the 5 second rule didn't apply to the Mickey Bar?
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #574
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Ah, what a shame you "lost" your Mickey bar!
Looks like you had a fun day! I cannot believe we will (hopefully - no hurricanes please this coming August ) be able to see all that for ourselves too!
You know, with all our cruises we have yet to order from room service (other than the breakfast, where you hang the list outside your stateroom) and we have yet to see a movie on board.

I cannot wait to read more....... and I love the picture of Stitch - so cute!
Room service is a treat to do. But you have to be sure you have the time to do so. I don't think we got any while on the Dream this time, if memory serves me right, just because there wasn't enough time. I know we thought about it at night, but we were too tired.

I hope you are storm free this year!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
What a shame about the Mickey bar. I was tempted to order one from room service, but never did. I love the photo of Stitch even if it is a bit grainy.

Corinna
I was so mad. But I made up for my lost one on the Dream this year. I had several through out the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
A Margaritaville with a pool? Now THAT's something you don't see every day? Oh the liability. Guess its not a concern in Grand Cayman.

Thanks for the bus tour. I actually really like seeing the true local streets and houses versus the touristy stuff.
The poll wasn't too big, but yeah, that could get dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Is it just me, or does the furniture look to big for the house.

Thanks for the tour! I remember Lisa pictures when they cruised and I agree the your Island looks neater and cleaner.

You have 2 accounts there! Well, Hello my friend!

So the 5 second rule didn't apply to the Mickey Bar?
I thought the same thing ...like that whole house must be just a bedroom.

Yeah, it was a little cleaner. But they don't seem to care about yards, as in not landscaped at all for the most part.

Yes, I am so rich, but I keep it a secret from most people.

When it comes to mickey bars, the 5 second rule did not even come into play. But carpet fuzz did, unfortunately!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:45 AM   #575
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Tonights dinner was back in the Lumieres. It was pirate night and we were all (well most of us) wearing our pirate gear. We had a pirate menu too.

Food was ordered and we were having a blast with our waiters.

Lisa had the Jerk Chicken Salad - strips of jerk-spiced chicken on fresh garden salad with plantain chips.

And I got the Pirates Golden Pot stickers, oriental pork "dumplings" deep fried and served with a tamarind-ginger soy sauce and pickled vegetables.

Julie was nearby, so I took a picture of hers too, which was The Buccaneer's Sun-Ripened Pineapple - fresh island pineapple with a coconut covered banana and orange glaze.

I also got the Caribbean-style Conch Chowder - with sherry, sweet peppers, onions, tomatoes, thyme, and garnished with diced potatoes and crispy bacon bits. I think Lisa also got this.

Our entrees then came out. I got Treasures of the Seas Grilled Shrimp and Seared Scallops - served on strings of pasta and fresh creamy tomato sauce.

Our head server (Kapor, I think was his name), came over and cut the shrimp out of the shells for me.

So far all the food was good. No complaints with this meal.

Lisa got the baked salmon.

After we gorged ourselves, the dessert menu appeared.

We made our selections and then our waiters disappeared.
Soon the fun started. There was a pirate parade of the waiters.

At one point we all joined the line and went around the restaurant in conga style line and limbo'd under the stick.

I have no clue why I took this picture of Lisa, Brook and Luis, but I must've had a reason.

Carolyn found a higher perch to take pictures from.

After we settled down from all the fun, a little birthday surprise came out. Today was Susan's actual birthday.

I did a nice job at focusing on her ARM!

Lisa once again got the Sweet Temptations - a trio of fruit cobbler, floating island and chocolate cake.

Most of the dessert choices didnt appeal to me tonight. I ended up getting the Angel Food Cake - with strawberries and whipped cream off the no sugar added section.

I enjoyed it though. I love Angel food cake!

We were running a bit late with dinner though. It was time to head out as we had a pirate show to catch!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #576
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

I just found your trip report yesterday and spent a good portion of the day reading it. LOVE IT! I remember reading your first trip report a few years ago. You do such a good job documenting everything.

I am suprising my DH and DD with a 4 day Galveston cruise for Christmas. We will be going in April. Your trip report helps so much because it is sooooooo hard to keep this secret. I will be glad once they know so we can start planning our shore excursion and such.

Lorrie
Old 12-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #577
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Ah, I really love to see the "original" Pirate show on the classic ships. So much more fun than the one on the DREAM.
Your dinner looks good, even though the pirate menu is my least favourite. Can't wait to see pics of the Pirate party - did you make it to the buffet afterwards?
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #579
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa View Post
I just found your trip report yesterday and spent a good portion of the day reading it. LOVE IT! I remember reading your first trip report a few years ago. You do such a good job documenting everything.

I am suprising my DH and DD with a 4 day Galveston cruise for Christmas. We will be going in April. Your trip report helps so much because it is sooooooo hard to keep this secret. I will be glad once they know so we can start planning our shore excursion and such.

Lorrie
Welcome!!!

I am glad you are enjoying this report. your family is going to have a fabulous time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Ah, I really love to see the "original" Pirate show on the classic ships. So much more fun than the one on the DREAM.
Your dinner looks good, even though the pirate menu is my least favourite. Can't wait to see pics of the Pirate party - did you make it to the buffet afterwards?
I'm gonna admit, I like the Dream one better. Probably because it was the 1st one I saw. But I also thought the Magic one was slightly too long. And it was crowded, so that might've swayed my decision too.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #580
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I'm hungry now. All that food looks yummy
I'm hungry too. Want to come cook some dinner for me?
Old 12-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #581
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I think we all separated. I actually think Lisa and I left first from dinner. We went up top and tried to find a spot to watch the pirate show, which was very busy! A lot of my pictures are taken through peopleís heads and arms and at one point I just started lifting my camera over my head and hoping for the best. People were ruthless and rude. Many would walk right in front of you and then just stop. It annoyed the heck out of me. Lisa hung back to the side and I would look at her and roll my eyes. The music was loud and a few times I would shout back to her things like ďShe just walked up and stood in front of me, can you believe it?Ē And these people still never got a clue.
Then there was ipad lady. She was recording the whole show on her ipad, held high over everyone heads, which is fine, except she never stopped moving and would push her way in front of people all the time. And of course with the ipad held high, no one could see around her. I hope she got all she wanted.

These are some of the better shots I got.

Mickey will save the day!

I am really having a hard time remembering the story line. Itís different than the Dreams party, but kind of similar. There was a LOT of dancing going on at this one though ÖÖ. more songs.

The Dream is different too, because there is a pirate show between the 2 dinners, this one is all AFTR the last dinner. So the fireworks are with this, while on the Dream they are at the later dance party.

During all the fun, the bad pirates invade!

Old 12-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #582
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Continuing with the bad pirates.

There can only mean trouble when Captain Hook is around.

At this time we see Brook, Carolyn, and girls up above us, so we headed up a flight and stood by them.

Mickey is here to save the day!!!

Then it was time for fireworks.

Itís really hard to get firework shots without a tripod. Obviously I wasnít using one, so this is what you get.

Now these fireworks are not the best you are ever going to see, BUT it is really neat to see fireworks at sea, especially when you know other cruise lines do not do this.

The party continued.

We saw Peter the cruise director off to the side, so we knew he was about to come out too.

He was hard to get because he was on that upper stage and that roof was in my way, but you can kind of see his coat in the first couple of shots.

He was dancing away, and boy heís got some moves. This was a really fun part for me.

He brought the party to a close then,

I think I like the way the Dream does this better. This party was a bit too long in my opinion. I was getting tired of music and just wanted to see the fireworks. I could tell that Lisa was getting a bit tired of the dance party too. Sure I loved seeing different characters on stage, but it needed to be shortened up just a bit.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #583
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Now you got me trying to remember. How did you kill yourself with the lanyard? I was probably too mesmorized following him on the ship because I LOVED his sweatshirt so much. You were probably dying next to me and I was ignoring you.
I hand my MWT lanyard on, then my camera over it, and little drawstrings on my shirt, and my backpack on...I tried to get them all off for the security scanner and it was totally tangled up. I was choking myself with the lanyard! It was pretty hilarious!

Quote:

I have no clue why I took this picture of Lisa, Brook and Luis, but I must've had a reason.

Who knows what Luis was doing! He was such a goof!

I agree with you about the Pirate show, it's fun, but man...they dance FOREVER! They could easily shorten it by a few songs and it would be still very enjoyable. Great shots of Mickey!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #584
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I'm sorry, but I HATE the people who video record with their Ipads. And I have one. It basically turns their one head into two heads blocking your view. Plus, I can never understand why they want to use it for that purpose...the video picture quality is not that good. A Mommy at my son's kindergarten graduation did this. She was in the front row, so holding up the Ipad blocked the views of several people behind her (including me). The rest of the parents video taping were nice enough to get up and do it from the back of the room.

For one of the shows, we were on the outskirts of the stage. I had Allison sitting on a bin next to me, so she could see. A huge guy came and stood right in front of her. Not only was he completely blocking her view, but he was leaning back and squishing her feet, forcing her to move closer to me. We ended up having to move. Sometimes, peoples rudeness and thoughtlessness really astounds me.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #585
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ugh for the lady who had to record the entire show on her Ipad. There was a woman who did that when we sailed on the Dream. It was like having a miniature television right in front of us and blocking our view. People nowadays are just plain old rude.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: