Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #721
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,963

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch View Post
I have been wracking my brain trying to get an idea of what to do for the FE for my cruise in 5 weeks, and now that I see these nice ideas and gifts you artsy people made...well...I think my ideas are very inadequate now

Has me thinking that this might be an expense I cannot afford
This does not have to be expensive and there is no need to make things. I just enjoy doing so. My last Fish Extender gifts worked out about 40 cent per person. I got all the materials from Ebay and it took me a little over an hour to make them.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #722
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,963

The thread has been so quiet that I totally forgot to post what I did for our November cruise on the Magic:









Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #723
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran
 
gerberdaisy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,110

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetmonarch
I have been wracking my brain trying to get an idea of what to do for the FE for my cruise in 5 weeks, and now that I see these nice ideas and gifts you artsy people made...well...I think my ideas are very inadequate now

Has me thinking that this might be an expense I cannot afford
Oh please don't feel that way. There is huge variety in gifts. Gifts may vary from $1-$10 a stateroom (not a rule, just an observation). Some do gifts for each person and some one gift per stateroom. Some purchase items from places like oriental trading and some create gifts. It doesn't matter the cost or how creative someone is- it is just the joy of sharing with others. The key is to enjoy the process.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #724
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran
 
Blanche_Neige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 1,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
This does not have to be expensive and there is no need to make things. I just enjoy doing so. My last Fish Extender gifts worked out about 40 cent per person. I got all the materials from Ebay and it took me a little over an hour to make them.

Corinna
What did you make?
__________________
Me DS (14) DS (12) DS (12)
Feb 1986 - Off site,
Jan 2007 - ASMovies
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #725
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer
 
violetmonarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 322

My plans are now up in smoke for now...my printer decided to die
__________________
Momma DD DS =



Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:23 PM   #726
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige View Post
What did you make?
I posted them earlier on today:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=722

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #727
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran
 
kdeans1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 717

CD of cruise Disney music (with the cruise ship horns and the Castaway Cay music), the Johnson and Johnson 90 cent first aide kit (because I am a nurse and those first aide kits are freaking awesome! I add Mickey bandaides and a cute Mickey sticker), or should I make a mini recipe book of like 10-20 top Seattle recipes (because I am in Seattle area) held together with a ring and the cover being a postcard? My mom and I are going to the Eastern Caribbean in April. Any suggestions or ideas?
__________________
kdeans1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #728
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran
 
Blanche_Neige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 1,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I posted them earlier on today:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=722

Corinna
I realized that after I posted, I was looking for a post from Corinna not Dolphingirl

TY
Very nice
__________________
Me DS (14) DS (12) DS (12)
Feb 1986 - Off site,
Jan 2007 - ASMovies
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #729
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,963

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeans1010 View Post
CD of cruise Disney music (with the cruise ship horns and the Castaway Cay music), the Johnson and Johnson 90 cent first aide kit (because I am a nurse and those first aide kits are freaking awesome! I add Mickey bandaides and a cute Mickey sticker), or should I make a mini recipe book of like 10-20 top Seattle recipes (because I am in Seattle area) held together with a ring and the cover being a postcard? My mom and I are going to the Eastern Caribbean in April. Any suggestions or ideas?
I love both ideas.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #730
MrsPotatoHead425
Mouseketeer
 
MrsPotatoHead425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 244

What kind of music from Castaway Cay? Or maybe I should say where did you find it? I remember sitting and listening to it and relaxing...I'd love to find said music so I can "go back" when I want too
__________________
Danny Beth Lexy

Disney Magic - 02.05.13
Disney Magic - 05.18.12
MrsPotatoHead425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #731
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran
 
gerberdaisy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,110

Unfortunately I deleted some pictures to have more space while on the cruise thinking that I had downloaded them on my computer. I don't have pictures of everything- I gave out CDs with over 50 Disney and DCL ringtones that can be used on the iphone plus versions for other types of phones, Disney Lullaby CDs and Disney Board books for the 3 and under crowd, Disney toy kits from Michael's, Coloring kits with markers, socks,Calendars and notepads (all Disney from Target), containers colored sugar sprinkles for the ice cream station, bubbles, keychains, wristlets, bracelets, necklaces, bookmarks, magnet (some with charms), drink holders for carrying drinks back from beverage station, some candy
Here are the few pictures that didn't get deleted









I found a picture of one of the board books online They are Disney My First Look and Find books

Last edited by gerberdaisy1234; 12-17-2012 at 03:33 PM.
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #732
Blanche_Neige
DIS Veteran
 
Blanche_Neige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 1,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234 View Post
Unfortunately I deleted some pictures to have more space while on the cruise thinking that I had downloaded them on my computer. I don't have pictures of everything- I gave out CDs with over 50 Disney and DCL ringtones that can be used on the iphone plus versions for other types of phones, Disney Lullaby CDs and Disney Board books for the 3 and under crowd, Disney toy kits from Michael's, Coloring kits with markers, socks,Calendars and notepads (all Disney from Target), containers colored sugar sprinkles for the ice cream station, bubbles, keychains, wristlets, bracelets, necklaces, bookmarks, magnet (some with charms), drink holders for carrying drinks back from beverage station, some candy
Here are the few pictures that didn't get deleted









I found a picture of one of the board books online They are Disney My First Look and Find books
WOW!!
When are you cruising again?

Love how you recycled the Castaway Club lanyard
__________________
Me DS (14) DS (12) DS (12)
Feb 1986 - Off site,
Jan 2007 - ASMovies
Jan 2008 - ASMovies
Jan 2009 - ASMovies
Jan 2010 - ASMusic
Sept 2010- ASMovies & Disney Wonder (1st cruise)
March 2011- All Star Sports + 1st trip to US offsite
Oct 2011 - Dream + POP + MNSSHP
March 2012 - US offsite + DTD shopping spree
Feb 2013 - Disneyland off site 1st time!
March 2014 - DCL Dream
March 2015 - ASMusic
Blanche_Neige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #733
kdeans1010
DIS Veteran
 
kdeans1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPotatoHead425 View Post
What kind of music from Castaway Cay? Or maybe I should say where did you find it? I remember sitting and listening to it and relaxing...I'd love to find said music so I can "go back" when I want too
I got a CD with it. There's a song called Castaway Cay. My dad dances around the house when it plays, so nerdy.
__________________
kdeans1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #734
gerberdaisy1234
DIS Veteran
 
gerberdaisy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige

WOW!!
When are you cruising again?

Love how you recycled the Castaway Club lanyard
Thanks. We don't like the lanyard around the neck and never used them. Thought some others may feel the same way. I had to order a couple gold and platinum from eBay since we have not made it that far yet

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
gerberdaisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #735
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,876

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerberdaisy1234 View Post
Unfortunately I deleted some pictures to have more space while on the cruise thinking that I had downloaded them on my computer. I don't have pictures of everything- I gave out CDs with over 50 Disney and DCL ringtones that can be used on the iphone plus versions for other types of phones, Disney Lullaby CDs and Disney Board books for the 3 and under crowd, Disney toy kits from Michael's, Coloring kits with markers, socks,Calendars and notepads (all Disney from Target), containers colored sugar sprinkles for the ice cream station, bubbles, keychains, wristlets, bracelets, necklaces, bookmarks, magnet (some with charms), drink holders for carrying drinks back from beverage station, some candy
Here are the few pictures that didn't get deleted









I found a picture of one of the board books online They are Disney My First Look and Find books


I have the same book marks but for our Christmas cruise next year. Also made key fobs...guess great minds think alike Although I used cruise ribbons, but I have always wanted to repurpose my lanyards...I like the key fob idea.... I think I will make some for me...hehe

BTW I love the drink holders....there are nights everyone says, "Mom can you bring me back a drink?" Man I could have used one of those...
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: