Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #1651
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylorrdh View Post
I've been looking online for king room locations. Is there a list out there anywhere?
No, but they are located all around the resort - in all buildings and in all view areas, including some water and river views, and preferred buildings. Not the Royal Rooms though. So just put in a request for the area that you would like, maybe followed up with a fax 3-5 days out, and keep your fingers crossed!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #1652
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

I think you'll be OK. I'd suggest asking for a mansion building room though, as the extra AB fold-down bed won't help out much in your situation (2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant) and you lose out on storage space.

If only it were possible to book it, your perfect option would be an Alligator Bayou King Bed room - two adults in the King Bed, 9-year-old on the fold-down Murphy bed, and plenty of space then for the pack'n'play and other stuff. However there is currently no way to book that option for more than two people (other than extra infants under 3). You could send a fax a few days before you arrive asking if it would be possible to assign you such a room, but you certainly can't specifically book it.

See you there anyway, we'll be at POR at the same time.

Andre
Thank you so much for your response! I will certainly try the fax route to try for added comfort but we will just get creative with storage if we have to. We really love POR. Have a great trip
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #1653
jeanico2000
Mouseketeer

My DD and I stayed in a Royal room at Port Orleans Riverside from Dec 7th to 11th and really enjoyed our stay. The room was lovely, and the beds super comfortable! On a side note, I had checked in online and not made any specific requests, and when we arrived in our room after a long walk through the grounds, I looked out the window and saw a few trees and then the parking lot. Now I know that we are not in the room much at Disney, but I had paid for a Garden View so was rather disappointed. I called the front desk to question the room category, and someone from room assignment called me back within minutes. I was told that some of the garden views are adjacent to standard views, so it's normal that some of these share a parking lot view, albeit with a few trees thrown in. The person on the line was super friendly and understanding, and we were told to head back to the lobby to receive our new room assignment. From there on, it was smooth sailing. We were in Parterre Place 9912, and an easy walk to everything. This is a really lovely property... nice and quiet too!

Last edited by jeanico2000; 12-17-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #1654
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

After reading up on this thread, we have decided to do a 3 night stay at POR after our cruise this July. This will be a resort only stay with some time in DTD and maybe one trip to Blizzard Beach. We booked a preferred room (for 5) using AAA discount and requested building 14 or 15. We are definitely looking forward to our visit.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #1655
Missytara
I'm all ears!

So today is my 180 day mark and I made my dining ressies.

I got the coveted Be Our Guest Restaurant for our first full night. Got all my other ones exactly the way I wanted and finished my touring plan.

Come on June. It cannot get here fast enough. I missed going this year right after Thanksgiving, but get to go twice next year, so I am psyched.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #1656
jmv223
Earning My Ears

I've been trying to fax my room request since Saturday with no luck. I don't know if it's my machine or their's, but it won't go through. I check in on Wednesday, is there any point in going somewhere to pay to have it sent at this point, or am I too late?
Old 12-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #1657
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmv223 View Post
I've been trying to fax my room request since Saturday with no luck. I don't know if it's my machine or their's, but it won't go through. I check in on Wednesday, is there any point in going somewhere to pay to have it sent at this point, or am I too late?
You could phone the resort, and ask to be put through to the room assignment team at Riverside directly (the people who first answer your call will be at an off-site call center). I'm sure they'll do their best to help you, and you can let them know about your fax problems at the same time.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #1658
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
So today is my 180 day mark and I made my dining ressies.

I got the coveted Be Our Guest Restaurant for our first full night. Got all my other ones exactly the way I wanted and finished my touring plan.

Come on June. It cannot get here fast enough. I missed going this year right after Thanksgiving, but get to go twice next year, so I am psyched.
It is getting closer! We got our BOG too! You are further ahead than me - I have not started my touring plans, but my itinerary is all set - just so, so excited to try POR for the first time!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #1659
mommycal
Mouseketeer

we're back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Officially depressed! We had a FABULOUS vacation. Hardly spent any time in the room because we were out pretty much from 8-8 every day. DH would complain that it's too much but I think the kids did great.

OMGosh I hate being home. Just got back late Sunday and want to go back already. Room was great in Bldg 14. Only had animals done 3x and kids expected it every day which was a bit of a let down, especially when we tipped every day but hey better than nothing. Bob was a riot. hung out and heard him for about an hour. WOW does he get people eating at the palm of his hands. He says jump and people say how high, LOL!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I want to be w/the mouse again. Such an awesome, beautiful place. Oh and BTW, we NEVER had a problem w/the buses. I never really looked at my watch but honestly, the only proplem we had was getting to narcoossesse and that's only because the monorail was broken down. NOTHING wrong w/the buses @ POR and we went EVERYWHERE w/13 meals planned through the week.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #1660
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

We just paid off our package. Feels so real now! Woohoo, can't wait!!!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #1661
debelfish
Mouseketeer

Just booked for June!!

I have never stayed here before so I am looking forward to learning all about Riverside.
I reserved a preferred room, so I should get the bayou section. My twins don't want to share a bed and since we are a family of four this is the only way to ensure the pull down bed, right?
Any ideas or advice would be great. I read that some people bring closet organizers for extra storage, is that helpful?
TIA
Elizabeth
Old 12-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #1662
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by debelfish View Post
I have never stayed here before so I am looking forward to learning all about Riverside.
I reserved a preferred room, so I should get the bayou section. My twins don't want to share a bed and since we are a family of four this is the only way to ensure the pull down bed, right?
Any ideas or advice would be great. I read that some people bring closet organizers for extra storage, is that helpful?
TIA
Elizabeth
Welcome to the POR thread and welcome to the resort as well!

I bring the closet hanging organizer and it helps a lot. Second yes being in a preferred room in the Alligator Bayou area does assure you a murphy bed that folds out also.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #1663
shpdem
Mouseketeer

i'm sure this has been answered but i can't find it, and i know venom or andre will have the answer. Are the pools heated during the winter, we are going in Feb and the cold doesn't bother me but curious if i will be able to get the wife and daughter in the pool with me. So I'm hoping its heated and will feel good.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #1664
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpdem View Post
i'm sure this has been answered but i can't find it, and i know venom or andre will have the answer. Are the pools heated during the winter, we are going in Feb and the cold doesn't bother me but curious if i will be able to get the wife and daughter in the pool with me. So I'm hoping its heated and will feel good.
The pools are heated, but the air isn't, lol. It is nice as long as you keep your neck down under the water line.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #1665
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Will We Like POR?

We have booked 2 rooms at POR using a bounce back offer from our recent trip to POFQ. It was our first time at POFQ and we liked it. It was cute. It wasn't our favorite so far, but the trip was enjoyable. We want to try different resorts each trip. Our plans for next September were originally AKL or BLT, but at the last minute we decided to go on a trip to WDW to see the Christmas decorations. So, we cut back from a deluxe for September to a moderate.

My concern is storage! There will be nine of us again in September so we have 2 alligator bayou rooms (hopefully connecting). I don't know where we are going to put everything! I don't mind keeping stuff in suitcases, but I wish there was a place to keep the suitcase out - like a luggage stand. At POFQ, we had one that we kept on the bench. But there is no bench in the Alligator Bayou room, and I hung my purse on the pegs, but I see those are above the refrigerator!

I love that POR has the boat to DTD, and I think the resort looks lovely. I like the food court better than POFQ, also. I hope the walk to the food court isn't too long though! We wanted preferred rooms but there were none available with the bounce back.

Someone on another thread said they brought hangers to hang clothes. So what does everyone else do? It seems weird that they would leave the rooms with nowhere to put clothes/suitcases. We will be there for 12 nights, so will have a lot of stuff. Does this seem workable or do we need to try for 3 rooms in the mansions? (I kind of like the smaller buildings that are in the Bayou better.) I really don't want to go to three rooms though because it will bring up the cost of the trip. I guess I just want to know how it has worked for others. We don't mind being a little squished in the room people wise - the four teenagers stay pretty busy around the resort when we are there, at the pool, going for drinks, trading pins, etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: